Daily Quiz

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby michelanCello » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:15 pm

The Mad Collector wrote:
meerkat wrote:I hate going to a country where I can't speak at least the basic things like "Why have I been arrested?" and "Where is the British Consul?" :lol:

OK this one I nneded Google translate for :D

Waarom heb ik gearresteerd? Waar is de Britse ambassade?

Just a tiny thing: it's "ben" instead of "heb" (like the difference between avoir and etre in french, or haben and sein in german... if that's any help :P ), so correctly it's "Waarom ben ik gearresteerd"...
But, Mad, I think it is the beginning of a beautiful friendship between you and Google translator :wink:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby The Mad Collector » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:24 pm

michelanCello wrote:But, Mad, I think it is the beginning of a beautiful friendship between you and Google translator :wink:

I'll stick with counting banknotes into officials hands until they let me go :) It's worked in several countries so far and when they have happened the warning shots have missed (which I hope was the idea :roll: )
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:25 pm

History

History: Nazi Germany: Nazi Gerrmany
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. What methods were used by the Nazis to 'liquidate' Jews, communists, enemies of the state, etc.?

'Gas Trucks'
Firing squads
All these methods were used
Zyklon B (poison gas)

History: October November December: Ten Days In November
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. What started to come down on November 9, 1989?

Inflation in Europe
The Berlin Wall
The Soyuz spacelab
The Shoemaker- Levy comets

History: 1940s Nostalgia: Remember the 40s?
3. 1950. Comic strip ____________ premiere.

Garfield
Peanuts
Simpsons
Dilbert

History: Ancient Greece: Ancient Greece
4. On which Greek island did Greek civilization originate?

Santorini
Cyprus
Hydra
Crete

History: U.S. History: US History - 3
5. In the Massachusetts village of Salem, in the year 1692, twenty citizens were executed. What crime were they found guilty of?

Witchcraft
Treason
Bigamy
Blasphemy

History: Old West: Legends of the West: The Sundance Kid
6. The Sundance Kid was born in the spring of 1867, the last of five children. Stunningly, Sundance was not his given name, nor was Kid his surname. Rather, he was born...?

George Leigh
Ben Kilpatrick
William Carver
Harry Longabaugh

History: 1920s History: Hear the Twenties Roar!
7. Before 1929, a full-length talking movie didn't exist. Moviegoers could sit back and watch the comic talents of Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton, but they couldn't hear them talk. What was the first talkie?

Modern Times
The General
The Jazz Singer
Becky Sharpe

History: USA in the 19th.Century: Pullman Strike (1894)
8. Who was U. S. President at the time of the Pullman Strike?

George Washington
George W. Bush
Grover Cleveland
Abraham Lincoln

History: US Colonial History: Early US Government
9. What was the first successful English colony established in the present United States?

Roanoke
Jamestown
Plymouth
New Amsterdam

History: U.S. History: U.S. History Viewed from Britain
10. When was the 13th amendment of the U.S.A. adopted and slavery officially abolished in the U.S.?

It was never abolished stupid, God what school did she go to!
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:28 pm

Movies

Movies: Grab Bag - Easy: Movie Pairs
1. Marisa Tomei loves and argues with boyfriend Joe Pesci all the way through which courtroom comedy?

Legal Eagles
My Cousin Vinny
The Pentagon Papers
Conspiracy Theory

Movies: Grab Bag - Average 10: Cinema Links II
2. What President did Anthony Hopkins portray in a 1995 film directed by Oliver Stone?

Washington
Clinton
Nixon
Ford

Movies: Pacino, Al: The Many Faces of Al Pacino
3. Al Pacino plays a character named Big Boy Caprice in the big screen adaptation of this classic comic strip.

Batman
Annie
Dick Tracy
Lil' Abner

Movies: Name It - Easy: Skunkee's Name the Movie Quiz
4. (1993) Darby Shaw is a law student who wrItes a brief about the killing of two Supreme Court Justices. The brief manages to fall into the wrong hands and Darby finds that her life is threatened, in this movie based on a John Grisham novel.

The Firm
The Brethren
The Client
The Pelican Brief

Movies: Name It - Easy: Test Your Knowledge of These Blockbusters
5. (2002) This movie shows that "with great power, comes great responsibility." A young man bitten by a mutated spider discovers that he now has great power as well as great responsibility.

X-Men
Spider-Boy
Spider-Man
Superman

Movies: Phoenix, Joaquin: The Films of Joaquin Phoenix
6. One of the first films Joaquin comes to the fore in is "To Die For". Who is Joaquin's very famous co-star in this film?

Anna Paquin
Julia Roberts
Nicole Kidman
Helen Hunt

Movies: Cage, Nicolas: The Film History of Nicolas Cage
7. What is Nicolas Cage's character's occupation in the 2003 film 'Matchstick Men'?

Lawyer
Con artist
Businessman
Assassin

Movies: Degrees - Easy 10: 9 Degrees of 'Name The Movie' 2
8. Adam Baldwin and Jack Moore are in this 1996 blockbuster. The tagline is "We've always believed we weren't alone. On July 4th, we'll wish we were." Bill Pullman and Robert Loggia also star.

The Arrival
Independence Day
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Contact

Movies: Grab Bag - Average 10: Movie Trivia: Half and Half
9. Which one of these was a Ghostbuster in the "Ghostbusters" series

Tom Hanks
Tom Cruise
Bill Murray
Mel Gibson

Movies: Grab Bag - Average 10: Trilogy Of Remakes : Part 3
10. Can you tell me who is the most filmed movie character of all time? This character was played numerous times by Bela Lugosi.

Frankenstein
James Bond
Sherlock Holmes
Dracula
Last edited by Tonyblack on Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tonyblack

Postby michelanCello » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:52 pm

Tonyblack wrote: 10. Can you tell me who is the most filmed movie character of all time? This character was played numerous times by Bela Lugosi.

Frankenstein
James Bond
Sherlock Holmes
Dracula

...who was hungarian :wink:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:50 pm

Music

Music: Who Sang This: Rock Lyrics - Mystery Word #17
1. "More days to come, new places to go. I've got to leave; it's time for a show. Here I am, rock you like a hurricane. Here I am, rock you like a hurricane."

The Scorpions
Triumph
Smashing Pumpkins
MacAuley Schenker Group

Music: Remakes & Covers: UK Cover Version Hits 2004
2. Shane Richie said "I'm Your Man" for the BBC's "Children In Need" charity, earning himself a top ten hit in the process. Which duo took that song to number one in 1985?

Erasure
Pet Shop Boys
Wham!
Eurythmics

Music: Who Sang This: Rock Lyrics Mystery Word #2
3. We'll start easy. VERY easy! "Well, you ain't never caught a rabbit and you ain't no friend of mine."

Hank Williams
Elvis Presley
Johnny Cash
Eddie Cochran

Music: Music by Year: Oldies Mania: Part 2
4. What was the original theme song of "Happy Days"?

Rock Around the Clock
Hound Dog
Blueberry Hill
Tears on My Pillow

Music: Name the Singer: Different Newer Country Songs
5. Who sings "You'll Think of Me"?

Toby Keith
Tim Mcgraw
Alan Jackson
Keith Urban

Music: Names in Songs: Unnamed Title Characters
6. This Pat Benatar Top 40 hit is about a man whose "love is like a tidal wave", and has "set my soul on fire". Who is this cruel man?

Sinner
Heartbreaker
Dream Maker
Love Taker

Music: Choice of Two: Green Day, Good Charlotte, Or Simple Plan?
7. Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, or Green Day? Who sings "I'm Just a Kid"?

Green Day
Simple Plan
Good Charlotte
None-was recorded by some other artist

Music: Classic Rock: Classic Rock Bands
8. One of this group's concept albums was made into a movie. This one depicted a boy shutting himself out from the world mentally. This band's singles include "Baba O' Riley", "My Generation", and "Won't Get Fooled Again". Who are they?

The Who
Pink Floyd
Aerosmith
AC/DC

Music: Name the Artist: The Music King #3
9. Who sang "Don't Phunk With My Heart"?

Jessica Simpson
Black Eyed Peas
Justin Timberlake
Andy Milonakis

Music: History of Music: It Wasn't "Under My Thumb"
10. Which one of these was a circumstance that contributed to the general anger held at the Altamont concert?

The change of the concert location.
All of these
The lack of parking.
The amount of free time for people who arrived at the concert early.
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:28 pm

History

History: World War II: World War II
1. What German field marshal, also known as 'Desert Fox' was in charge of the Atlantic Wall?

Erwin Rommel
Ernst Roehm
Heinrich Heine
Leni Riefenstahl

History: Napoleonic Wars: Napoleon
2. Why did Napoleon divorce his wife, Josephine?

She couldn't bear a male heir
He got tired of her
She cheated on him
He 'needed space'

History: South Africa: South African History
3. Who was the last South African president under the apartheid regime?

Nelson Mandela
Frederik Willem de Klerk
Joaquim Chissano
Sam Nujoma

History: 1900s History: People, Places and Events-- 1900-1909
4. In April of 1906, a devastating earthquake hit and nearly demolished this US city.

Los Angeles
Juneau
Seattle
San Francisco

History: Roman History: Roman History - General
5. What is the Roman city that was buried under clouds of ash and rivers of scorching lava?

Constantinople
Taranto
Rome
Pompeii

History: U.S. History: US History - 2
6. In 1620, 102 English Pilgrims arrived at the New World and founded a colony. Where was this colony founded?

Montreal
New York
Plymouth Rock, Massachusetts
Boston

History: 1980s Nostalgia: An American Kid in the 1980s
7. Who was president of the US for most of the eighties?

George Bush
Ronald Reagan
Jimmy Carter
Bill Clinton

History: 1970s Nostalgia: Remembering the 70s - 1971 Americana
8. What was the last name of the main character in television's number one rated program?

Welby
Dillon
Richards
Bunker

History: Cuban Missile Crisis: Cuban Missile Crisis
9. What reconnaissance did the United States use to discover the missile sites on the Cuban territory?

Submarines
CIA agents
Patrol boats
Spy plane

History: Cuban Missile Crisis: Cuban Missile Crisis
10. When Kennedy became aware that the Soviet Union was about to station missiles on Cuban territory, what did he order the U.S. Navy to do?

He did not order the Navy to do anything
Send submarines to the Soviet harbor for a covert attack
Set up a naval blockade around Cuba
Annihilate the Soviet ships that were entering the Cuban territory to prevent more missiles from entering the harbor
Last edited by Tonyblack on Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:57 pm

Literature

Literature: Stephen King: Simplified Stephen King Short Stories
1. Road-weary husband and wife find a small town where there are no adults.

Strawberry Spring
Cain Rose Up
Children of the Corn
Suffer the Little Children

Literature: Animal Themes: Animal Stories
2. Poor Alice also played a game of croquet where the fuzzy balls would walk away before being whacked and then curl back up again. Her ball was a hedgehog, but what kind of animal was the long-handled croquet stick ?

baby giraffe
garter snake
flamingo
pelican

Literature: The Classics: Latin Literature Trivia
3. In the story of Apollo and Daphne, what change (metamorphosis) does Daphne undergo?

she is changed by Apollo into a cow
she is changed by her father into a laurel tree
she is changed by Minerva into a spider
she is changed by Diana into a horse

Literature: Macbeth: "Macbeth" Quotes
4. 'Double, double, toil and {trouble;} fire burn and cauldron bubble'

Doctor
The Witches
Menteith
An Old Man

Literature: Science Fiction: Classic Science Fiction Novels
5. What is the title of the 1966 Isaac Asimov novel in which a medical team is placed in a submarine, miniaturized, and injected into the body of a patient?

The Puppet Masters
Neuromancer
Fantastic Voyage
The Centauri Device

Literature: Literary Terms & Quotes: Word Origins from Literature
6. In psychology, one theorist has described what he calls an 'Icarus complex', based on the mythological character, Icarus. Who was the father of this mythological figure?

Perseus
Daedalus
Theseus
Phaethon

Literature: War Literature: 'Thirteen Days'
7. What country was responsible for building the missile bases in Cuba?

Ireland
Germany
Cuba
U.S.S.R.

Literature: Famous Last Lines: Last Lines of Famous Novels
8. 'And Carlson said, 'Now what the hell ya suppose is eatin' them two guys?'

War of the Worlds
O Pioneers
The Heart is a Lonely Hunter
Of Mice and Men

Literature: Poetry: 20th Century English Poetry
9. Which Welsh poet wrote the following opening stanza of a great villanelle:'Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of {day;} Rage, rage against the dying of the light'?

Robert Graves
Dylan Thomas
Hugh MacDiarmid
Louis MacNeice

Literature: Midsummer Night's Dream: A Midsummer Night's Quiz
10. Which of the following is NOT the name of a fairy in the play?

Cobweb
Mustardseed
Honeybee
Moth
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:28 pm

Trivia

World: U.S. Commercials: Memorable Advertising Slogans
1. 'Does she or doesn't she'?

Clairol Hair Coloring
Suave
Prell
Finesse

World: U.K. Politics: British Leaders
2. What was Margaret Thatcher's nickname?

The Black Widow
Mad Maggie
The Empress
The Iron Lady

World: Latin: Latina Animalia (Latin Animals)
3. What is the Latin word for 'fish'?

fishus
piscis
finnius
scalus

World: Economics: More Econ Terms
4. A written promise to repay the amount borrowed at a later date?

interest
principal
bond
bankruptcy

World: Reagan, Ronald: Ronald Reagan, U.S. President
5. Ronald Reagan's political affiliations were with what party during his two Presidential terms?

Republican
Independent
Democrat
Whig

World: French: Combien Font?
6. How much is 'trois plus onze'?

seize
quatorze
dix- sept
douze

World: French: Time in French
7. Il est midi. What does it mean in English?

It is early.
It is midnight.
It is noon.
It is late.

World: Worldwide Greetings!: How Do You Say ...?
8. How do you say "Swedish" in Swedish?

Svenska
Slovensky
Suomi
Gaidhlig

World: Ground Forces: US Tanks
9. The method for finding the range to a target on the M1A1 tank is by pressing a button to activate the LRF. What does LRF stand for?

Laser Range Finder
Laser Ranging Fiberoptic
Laser Rightway Forcer
Lightweight Robotic Friend

World: Political Science & Philosophy: Politics: A Matter of Opinion
10. Otto Von Bismarck is give credit for what is perhaps the most well known definition of politics, "Politics is the art of the possible." How did the Iron Chancellor suggest a person could decide what to believe in politics?

Always believe the higher placed official.
Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied.
You can always believe your government.
You can always believe your chancellor.
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:16 pm

Trivia

World: Currencies: Bills and Coins Unlimited
1. Alexander Hamilton, the man on the $10 bill, was never president. He was the first Secretary of the Treasury. Why didn't he run for president?

Did not live to be old enough
Chose not to run
Came from a poor family
Was not born in the U.S.

World: Other U.S. Politicians: Boys From New York City
2. Which New York City feature is named after the 99th Mayor?

LaGuardia Airport
Rockerfeller Center
Irving Plaza
Penn Station

World: French: Absurd French 505
3. Sophie reve de devenir coiffeuse des vedettes.

Sophie dreams of becoming the hairdresser of the stars.
Sophie dreams of becoming a hatmaker of the stars.
Sophie remembers becoming a safecracker.
Sophie dreamt of becoming an exotic dancer on a boat.

World: U.S. Commercials: US TV Commercials
4. 'Double your pleasure, double your fun...'

Ice Breakers gum
Big Red gum
Doublemint gum
Juicy Fruit gum

World: Before They Were President: Before They Were President
5. This man held a number of positions before becoming president, including Senator, State Attorney General, and Governor of New York. He became the head of an Albany political machine that was instrumental in getting Andrew Jackson elected President.

John Quincy Adams
Martin Van Buren
John Tyler
William Henry Harrison

World: Consumer Protection: History of Consumer Protection
6. The very first pure food laws in the U.S. were enacted on a state level, not federal, in New York, New Jersey, Michigan, and Illinois (not surprisingly, all states with major food processing cities). What was the year?

World: Italian: Same Spelling, Different Meaning
7. The word "male" has nothing to do with men in Italian (well, almost). What does "Male" means?

Apple
Honey
Mule
Evil

World: French: Vive les S
8. Si vous avez besoin d'un sparadrap, qu'est-ce que cela veut dire?

a curtain
a top sheet
a bandaid (or plaster)
a life jacket

World: World Leaders: Do You Know the Arab Presidents?
9. This young King of Morocco succeeded his father in 1999.

King Mohammed VI
Prince Moulay Rashid
King Hassan II
King Mohamed II

World: French: Time in French
10. Il est midi. What does it mean in English?

It is midnight.
It is early.
It is late.
It is noon.
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:13 pm

Movies

Movies: Name It - Average 15: Name My Favorite Flick

1. Sandra Bullock plays Lucy in this cute romantic flick with Bill "yum yum" Pullman. What is the name of this cute flick having to do with comas?

Speed
Sleepless in Seattle
Miss Congeniality
While You Were Sleeping

Movies: Degrees - Easy 10: 10 Degrees of Sean Scott

2. Vince Vaughan played Beanie who was one of the three men who try to recapture their college days. This movie has a very funny cameo by Sean Scott.

Old School
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Road Trip
Evolution

Movies: Degrees - Easy +/- 10: Ashley Judd Roundabout

3. Hugh Jackman starred in this 2001 romantic comedy about a woman who develops a theory linking men and cows when she is dumped by her boyfriend. What was this film that also starred Ashley Judd?

Bovine Behaviour
Someone Like You
Animal Nature
A Fish Called Wanda

Movies: 1980s Movies: Are You an '80s Fan?

4. In "Stand By Me", where did Teddy's dad storm the beaches?

Castle Rock
Berlin
Cancun
Normandy

Movies: Taglines - Average: A Fistful of Taglines

5. "Part man. Part machine. All cop."

Timecop
The Terminator
Robocop
Blade Runner

Movies: Name It - Average 15: Name That Movie

6. A Las Vegas casino singer finds herself running from criminals and teaching nuns how to sing.

Sister Act 2
Sister Act
The Flying Nun
Sister In Charge

Movies: Grab Bag - Average 10: My Favorite Movies

7. What movie features Cameron Diaz, Christina Applegate and Selma Blair as three singles in San Francisco, CA?

The Sweetest Thing
She is the One
Charlie's Angels
Go Away

Movies: Hanks, Tom: Tom Hanks Movies

8. The always solid Ed Harris co-starred with Hanks in which of these movies?

Forrest Gump
Apollo 13
Philadelphia
Saving Private Ryan

Movies: Depp, Johnny: Johnny Depp Movie Quotes

9. "It must've been terrible for you to be stranded here, Jack. Must've been terrible for you...WELL, IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Once Upon a Time in Mexico
Nick of Time
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Movies: Same Word Titles: It's Full of Stars!

10. The soundtrack of this 2001 movie, starring Jennifer Aniston, features hits from Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Talking Heads, Kiss, and a number of songs from Steel Dragon.

Lucky Star
A Star is Born
Rock Star
The Star Maker
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:58 pm

Music

Music: Names in Songs: Female First Names In Titles

1. Who sings: Come on Eileen?

UB40
Pigmeat
The Levellers
Dexys Midnight Runners

Music: Something in Common: Famous Singing Jimmy's

2. His son is called A.J. and is also working in the music industry. This Jim sings legendary songs like: 'Time In A Bottle' and 'Bad Bad Leroy Brown'. What is his name?

Jim Troce
Jim Groce
Jim Croce
Jim Kloce

Music: Musical Instruments: Musical Instruments

3. This instrument looks like a bed post and is played with a double reed that connects to the instrument using a bocal.

Flute
Oboe
Bassoon
Trumpet

Music: Cello: The Awesome Cello!

4. How do you pronounce 'cello'?

shello
sello
chello
kello

Music: Music from 1977: Song Lyrics from 1977

5. Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Bendz. She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends.

The Babys
Eagles
Rod Stewart
Steve Miller Band

Music: Women in Music: Female Singers 2

6. Who sang 'If I Could Turn Back Time'?

Janet Jackson
Tina Turner
Cher
Sheryl Crowe

Music: First Lines of Songs: 1980s Music 1st Lines : Volume 2

7. 'Sweet dreams are made of this, who am I to disagree?'

Eurythmics
Howard Jones
Thompson Twins
Animotion

Music: Lead Singers: Bandleaders In New Rock Bands

8. And finally Mr. Fred Durst: what band does he lead?

The Britney Spears Posse
John Denver Memorial Orchester
3 Stooges
Limp Bizkit

Music: Finish The Lyric: Complete the Love Song Lyric

9. Jonny Lang: "Lie to me and tell me that you'll _____ here tonight"?

sleep
cook
clean
stay

Music: Finish The Lyric: Complete the Love Song Lyric

10. Elton John: "And you can tell ________ that this is your song"?

everybody
somebody
anybody
Joe Nameth
Last edited by Tonyblack on Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:12 pm

I reckon I got seven. Well, I know I did :wink: Shame on me for not knowing the other three.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:41 pm

History

History: South Africa: South African History
1. Who was the last South African president under the apartheid regime?

Sam Nujoma
Nelson Mandela
Frederik Willem de Klerk
Joaquim Chissano

History: April May June: May 31st
2. This famous actor/director/producer was born in 1930?

Clint Eastwood
Al Pacino
Don Ameche
Dustin Hoffman

History: 1980s Nostalgia: The Magnificent 80s
3. What crashed and sparked fears of recession across the USA in 1987?

US Marine Headquarters, Lebanon
PanAm Flight 103
The Dow Jones
Korean Airline Flight KAL007

History: Roman History: Roman History - General
4. Rome was founded in 753 BC according to which legend?

The legend of Remus and Romulus
The legend of Jupiter and Venus
The great Roman legend
The legend of Rome and Claudius

History: World History: How high would you score?
5. What were stocks used for in a medieval town?

Cooking
Punishment
Gardening
Investment

History: World War I: Manfred von Richthofen
6. What was Manfred von Richthofen's nickname?

The Blue Duke
The Red Baron
The Bloody Baron
The Green King

History: 1950s Nostalgia: Remembering the 50s - Headlines
7. 1953. "Rosenburgs Executed". Why did the married couple go to the electric chair?

Murder
Espionage
Kidnapping
Terrorism

History: U.S. History: Obscure U.S History #3
8. On June 15, 1904 the General Slocum caught fire in the New York harbor while on an excursion cruise. Over one thousand died mostly children. Why, according to the inquiry's findings, did the disaster occur?

Lifeboats were wired to the ship
Faulty fire hoses
For all of these reasons
Old life vests

History: 1960s Nostalgia: Remembering the 60s - 1961 Americana
9. In 1961 in Hawthorne, California, five guys named Brian, Dennis, Carl, Mike and Al formed a band. What was its name?

The Doobie Brothers
The Freshmen
The Beach Boys
Creedence Clearwater Revival

History: World War II: Some Crucial Battles of WWII
10. This battle decided the fate of Britain. A four month battle between the RAF and the Luftwaffe. Both tried to control the skies.

Operation Sealion
The Battle of Falaise
The Battle of Britain
The Battle of the Atlantic
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:57 pm

Literature

Literature: Stephen King: Simplified Stephen King Short Stories
1. Residents of a small Maine town get trapped inside a supermarket by a force they cannot really see.

Here there be Tygers
For Owen
The Monkey
The Mist

Literature: Literature by Region: British and American Lit
2. Which boy in 'Lord of the Flies' is constantly whining about his 'auntie', asthma, and 'specs'?

Piggy
Simon
Ralph
Stampy

Literature: Mixed Literature: From Books to Movies
3. Which of these Best Picture winners was NOT based on a book?

Braveheart
Schindler's List
The English Patient
Silence of the Lambs

Literature: Famous First Lines: One Liners of Literature
4. 'It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.'?

Oliver Twist
A Tale of Two Cities
David Copperfield

Literature: Midsummer Night's Dream: A Midsummer Night's Dream Quiz
5. Who says the last line of the play?

Puck
Flute
Theseus
Bottom

Literature: Othello: Othello
6. ' I will snare so great a fly as Cassio' ..so says Iago and the plot begins. Cassio has a weakness that Iago exploits. this weakness is...

Drink
Laziness
Gambling
Gluttony

Literature: Authors and their Works: Authors
7. What famous author wrote 'Gone With The Wind'?

John Steinbeck
Lorraine Hansberry
Harriet Beecher Stowe
Margaret Mitchell

Literature: Henry V: Henry V
8. Who is the old friend of Henry who does not appear in the play but who dies during it?

Nym
Scroop
Bardolph
Falstaff

Literature: Literary Characters: The Ten Most Famous Literary Characters
9. Tarzan. The name instantly calls to mind wild, untamed, primitive man. Author?

Edgar Rice Burroughs
Hervey Allen
William Golding
Anthony Hope

Literature: Poetry: Forms of Poetry
10. This poem is written as a lament, usually over the loss of a person. What is it called?

Senyru
Villanelle
Elegy
Haiku
Last edited by Tonyblack on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tonyblack

PreviousNext

Return to Games