Daily Quiz

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Beyond » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:11 pm

I like the ones with the languages, it is really amazing to see how a language devlops in time.
Beyond

Postby deldaisy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:12 pm

1. Let's say you are in Cebu and spot a fantastic locally-made guitar you wish to purchase. What phrase would come in useful?

Palihog lingkod
Tag-pila ni
Dili ko
Mu-adto mo sa pista?

Ammer Chisit? :wink:
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:18 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:25 pm

History

History: 1950s History: The 20th Century - 1951-1960
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Jacques Cousteau, a world leader in oceanographic studies obtained photographs of ocean depths down some four and a half miles in 1956. What was the name of Cousteau's research ship?

Calypso
Scuba King
Dora Mae
Duchess

History: April May June: Ten Days In April
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Church records show that this Englishman was baptised on April 26th, 1564. April 23rd is widely accepted as his birth date. Who was he?

Francis Bacon
Walter Raleigh
Francis Drake
William Shakespeare

History: World History: Treaties Which Have Changed the World
3. Which treaty ended the World War I hostilities between the Allies and Germany?

Treaty of Utrecht
Treaty of Versailles
Treaty of Frankfurt
Treaty of Brest-Litovsk

History: July August September: September 22nd Throughout History
4. September 22nd 1692 : In this town was the largest number of "witches" were hanged at one time - six women and a man. What town was this?

Danver
Salem
Stamford
Fairfield

History: Civil War Figures: Gray Warriors
5. What prominent Confederate general was related to an American Revolutionary hero?

Stonewall Jackson
John Bell Hood
Wade Hampton
Robert E. Lee

History: Civil War Figures: The Men Who Wore Blue
6. What Union general left his name to posterity as the label for a certain style of whiskers?

George Armstrong Custer
George Stoneman
Ambrose Burnside
Judson Kilpatrick

History: Mixed Bag: A Look at World History
7. Which was Nazi Germany's largest concentration and extermination camp?

Treblinka
Auschwitz
Belzec
Sobibor

History: Old West: Legends of the West: The Sundance Kid
8. The Sundance Kid was born in the spring of 1867, the last of five children. Stunningly, Sundance was not his given name, nor was Kid his surname. Rather, he was born...?

Harry Longabaugh
William Carver
George Leigh
Ben Kilpatrick

History: 1970s History: The Real 70s (Mainly American)
9. Which heiress took part in a San Francisco bank robbery on April 15, 1974?

Patty Hearst
Ilene Vanderbilt
Doris Duke
Jaqueline Getty

History: Mixed Bag: Handshakes in History
10. Philadelphia, USA, March 6th, 1842: Edgar Allen Poe, the famous American writer, shook hands with which eminent English writer who was touring the United States?

Elizabeth Gaskell
Charles Dickens
Emily Bronte
Anthony Trollope
Last edited by Tonyblack on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tonyblack

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:13 pm

Didn't we had question 6 before? :wink: And I'm sure there was a question about Versailles before :P
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:05 pm

These questions do sometimes repeat or they are different versions of what boils down to the same question.

That particular one tends to crop up more often than you'd think as does the WW1 one - which incidentally, I used to always get wrong. :lol:
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Movies

Movies: Wilder, Billy: Movies of Billy Wilder
1. Who co-starred with Shirley Maclaine in 'Irma La Douce'?

Fred MacMurray
Walter Matthau
Tony Curtis
Jack Lemmon

Movies: Name It - Average 20: Read Plot - Name Movie
2. Two idiots from Rhode Island drive to Colorado to return a foxy lady's briefcase.

Dumb and Dumber
Revenge of the Nerds
Wiseguys
Road Trip

Movies: Which Movie - Average 10: Sensual Movie Quotes 2
3. 'We begin by coveting what we see every day. Don't you feel eyes moving over your body, Clarice? I hardly see how you couldn't. And don't your eyes seek out the things you want?'

Clarice
Hannibal
Needful Things
The Silence of the Lambs

Movies: Degrees - Easy +/- 10: Use The Taglines!
4. Brad Pitt and George Clooney starred in this movie with the tagline: 'Are you in or out?'. Which movie is it?

The Score
Spy Game
Ocean's Eleven
Heist

Movies: Something in Common: Occupations In The Movies
5. In 'Forrest Gump', what was NOT one of Forrest's, Tom Hanks', occupations?

Football Player
Ping Pong Champian
Shrimp Boat Captain
Professional Wrestler

Movies: Disney Characters: Disney Movie Characters
6. What movie is Mad Hatter from?

"Peter Pan"
"Alice in Wonderland"
"Winnie the Pooh"
"Aladdin"

Movies: Players - Average 10: Silver Screen Starlets
7. "The Talented Mr. Ripley", "Road To Perdition", "A.I.-Artificial Intelligence":

Tom Hanks
Haley Joel Osment
Jamie Bell
Jude Law

Movies: Name It - Average 10: 10 of the Best Blockbusters in the World...Ever!
8. Which film features a theme-tune by Aerosmith, released after its "opposition" movie and made $100 million in the USA?

Armageddon
Con Air
Blade
Deep Impact

Movies: 1990s Movies: Classic 1990s Movies
9. In 'The Silence of the Lambs', what is the name of the FBI agent played by Jodie Foster?

Clarissa Starling
Clarice Starling
Claire Starling
Clementine Starling

Movies: Coen Brothers: Casting Choices of the Coen Brothers
10. He is a famous nephew and starred as a baby-snatcher in one of the Coens' finest films. Who is this?

Nicolas Cage
Aidan Quinn
George Clooney
Liev Schrieber
Last edited by Tonyblack on Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:48 pm

Music

Music: Name the Artist: Who Sang These Songs?
1. Which R'n'B girl group sang the songs "Ain't 2 Proud 2 Beg"(1992), "Waterfalls"(1995), and "No Scrubs"(1999)?

En Vogue
The Supremes
Destiny's Child
TLC

Music: Which Band?: Bil's Band Trivia Classic Rock #2
2. When you heard Freddie Mercury singing and Brian May playing the guitar, what band were you listening to?

Queen
Them
King Crimson
Utopia

Music: Disney Music: Disney Songs and Singers Part II
3. This line is from which Disney film: "I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date. No time to say hello! Goodbye! I'm late, I'm late, I'm late."?

Sleeping Beauty
Cinderella
Snow White and The Seven Dwarves
Alice In Wonderland

Music: Music from 1965: BRI'sTop Ten Hits of 1965
4. What was #2 on the 1965 countdown? "Sugarpie, honeybunch, You know that I love you. I can't help myself, I love you and nobody else."

I Can't Help Myself
Reach Out and I'll Be There
Standing in the Shadows of Love
Same Old Song

Music: Music from 1981: BRI's Top Ten Hits of 1981
5. What was the #1 hit for the year 1981? "Her hair is Harlow gold, Her lips a sweet surprise, Her hands are never cold, She's got ___________."

Marilyn's Disguise
Bette Davis Eyes
Eva Gabor's Thighs
Joan Crawford's Eyes

Music: 1950s Music: Oldies 1150, Big 500 Countdown Part 6
6. What was song #188 on the countdown? "I don't know if we're in a garden, Or on a crowded avenue. You are here and so am I. Maybe millions of people go by, But they all dissappear from view..."

In the Still of the Night
Little Darlin'
The Great Pretender
I Only Have Eyes For You

Music: Eurovision Song Contest: Eurovision 2005
7. Which artist represented the UK at the 2005 ESC?

Katie Price
Javine
Andy Scott-Lee
Gina G

Music: Country Lyrics: Country Lyrics
8. "I don't wanna spend another lonely night...oooooohhh" What Rascal Flatts song is this?

X's and O's
Breathe
Praying For Daylight
Wide Open Spaces

Music: 1950s Music: The Top Hits Of 1958
9. The ninth ranked hit of 1958 was performed by the Everly Brothers and it may be their prettiest song ever. What song was it? Here's how the first verse began: "When I want you in my arms When I want you and all your charms"

When Will I Be Loved
Problems
All I Have To Do Is Dream
Cathy's Clown

Music: Eurovision Song Contest: Eurovision 2006
10. Which country was making its Eurovision debut?

Bulgaria
Armenia
Belarus
Monaco
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:26 pm

History

History: 1960s History: The Transitional Early 1960s
1. Whose arrival in the United States in February of 1964 sparked what was called "The British Invasion"?

The Who
Winston Churchill
The Rolling Stones
The Beatles

History: Russian: The Russian Revolution
2. What was the last name of the Tsarist dynasty which ruled Russia for over 300 years?

Wisniski
Asmov
Romanov
Kruchev

History: Mixed Bag: One Year, Two Events
3. What event happened the same year that Henry Hudson discovered Hudson Bay?

1271 - Marco Polo begins his journeys
1405 - First voyage of Cheng-Ho
1610 - Galileo reveals his findings about the heavens
1334 - Ibn Battutah reaches Delhi

History: 2000s History: What happened in 2003?
4. What is the surname of the British soccer player that was transfered from Manchester United to Real Madrid?

Beckham
Figo
Casillas
Oscar

History: 1950s Nostalgia: Remembering the 50s - 1951 Americana
5. What did the Topps Company begin including with its chewing gum in 1951?

Baseball cards
Puzzles
TV character cards
Prizes

History: 1970s History: The Real 70s (Mainly American)
6. 1972 and 1974 saw the Oscar going to "The Godfather" and "The Godfather 2" for best picture. A first in Oscar history where both the original and the sequel win the big prize. Who directed these two movies?

Steven Spielberg
Francis Ford Coppola
Milos Forman
George Roy Hill

History: Famous Dates: Important Historical Dates: Britain and America
7. The attempt by Philip II, King of Spain, to invade England failed disastrously. In which year did he send his Armada to conquer England?

History: British History: Wales Through the Ages
8. In 1801, Cardiff had a population of 1,870 and was only the 25th largest town in Wales. By 1841, the population had grown to 82,000 and it was bigger than any other town in Wales. Which industry was responsible for such a huge growth?

Wool
Slate
Coal
Tin

History: Maryland History: Maryland, My Maryland
9. What is the state flower of Maryland?

Queen Anne's Lace
Daisy
Black-eyed Susan
Hydrangea

History: Famous Dates: On This Day: IV
10. January 26th, 1905 a magnificent diamond was found, the largest rough stone ever found. Weighing nearly 1.5lb or 3106 carats(621.2g), the Cullinan diamond was of the highest quaity. Where was it mined?

South Africa
Sierra Leone
India
Cameroons
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:01 pm

Literature

Literature: Shakespeare: Shakespeare's Criminals
1. Wanted for: regicide, multiple homicides, conspiracy to kill. Prone to hallucination and delusions of invulnerability.

Richard III
Cassius
Macbeth
Alonzo

Literature: Stephen King: Simple Stephen King Stuff
2. Who co-wrote "The Talisman" and "Black House" with Mr. King?

Shirley Jackson
Thomas Harris
Dean Koontz
Peter Straub

Literature: Mixed Literature: Mixture of Classic Literature
3. What book had a strong anti-censorship and anti-government theme?

"Fahrenheit 451"
"Lord of the Flies"
"The Count of Monte Cristo"
"The Scarlet Letter"

Literature: Literary Titles: Book Titles from Other Sources
4. Evelyn Waugh's novel "A Handful of Dust" is indebted to:

Tennyson's "Ulysses"
Wordsworth's "London, 1802"
Byron's "Don Juan"
Eliot's "The Wasteland"

Literature: Literary Titles: Title Characters
5. Let’s start with an easy one. In a novel by Alexandre Dumas the elder, who are Athos, Porthos and Aramis?

The Men of Good Will
The Three Musketeers
Les Misérables
The Toilers of the Sea

Literature: Fantasy: Tales of Two Terrys :D
6. Carrot Ironfoundersson (Pratchett): What is the occupation of this six foot, six inch dwarf?

king
Captain of the Watch
miner
splatter (like a bouncer, but uses more force)

Literature: Literature Before 1900: English Literature Made Simple - No. 2
7. Who is considered by many as the chief poet and playwright of the Restoration as well as the father of modern English prose?

Robert Heiden
Edwin Rorden
Philip Matthews
John Dryden

Literature: Measure for Measure: Measure for Measure
8. What does the Duke disguise himself as?

Nun
Bawd
Pauper
Friar

Literature: Measure for Measure: Measure for Measure
9. Angelo asks Isabella to do what for him if he frees Claudio?

sleep with him
kill the duke
marry him
leave the nunnery

Literature: Shakespeare: Who's Who in Shakespeare
10. Which of Shakespeare's heroines grew up on an enchanted island?

Ophelia
Miranda
Katherina
Isabella
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:27 pm

Triva - Easier

World: Corporations: Names and Their Products
1. What does Ethan Allen sell?

Computers
Kitchen Utensils
Toiletries
Home Furnishings

World: U.S. Commercials: 20th Century Advertising Icons
2. Whose theme song was 'I Heard It Through The Grapevine'?

Chiquita
Sunkist
California Raisins
Welch's Grape Juice

World: RMS Titanic: Titanic - The Real People On Board
3. The richest American on board, who died, was travelling with his much younger and pregnant wife, she survived.

George Widener
Archibald Butt
John Jacob Astor
Frederic Spedden

World: Road Rules: A Crash Course in Driving to Help Avoid Crashing
4. In which of these situations is using your turn signal optional?

none of these
when turning left or right at a stop sign and you don't see anyone behind you
when changing lanes on the highway
both of these

World: India, Languages of: Learn Speaking Hindi
5. I have won the National Table Tennis Competition. The announcer says that Murty has won the first prize. How would you say that in Hindi?

Murty haar gaya hai
Murty mast insaan hai
Murty bahut accha dikhta hai
Murty ko pratham puraskar milta hai

World: U.S. Commercials: Slogans Slogans Slogans
6. Who uses/used the slogan "Just do it"?

Nike
Adidas
Converse
Etnies

World: U.S. Commercials: Popular Slogans 1
7. What slogan did McDonald's introduce in 2004? (Hint: It's a jingle)

Have it your way.
I'm lovin' it.
Eat fresh.
The fire's ready.

World: Norwegian: Norwegian words!
8. What is the Norwegian word for hairdresser?

"Advokat"
"Frisor"
"Selger"
"Keiser"

World: Business World: Buying and Selling on eBay
9. Who can buy on eBay?

Only people with a credit card
Only people who have completed eBay’s instructional tutorials
Only people who have already sold something on eBay
Anyone can buy on eBay

World: French: Absurd French 1002
10. What is this in English? 'Savais-tu qu'il y avait du jaune d'oeuf sur ta cravate?"

Did you know there was egg yolk on your tie?
Do you know that egghead wearing a tie?
Did you see the yellow in that painting?
Did you know there was a yellow Easter egg hidden under your horsewhip?
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:25 pm

Trivia - Harder

World: Latin: Latin for You, Latin for Me
1. And last but not least: What does 'Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus' mean in English? (This is not the literal translation. Think Harry Potter.)

Sleep well little dragon
Never tickle a sleeping dragon
The dragon is angry
He is the dragon

World: French: Come practice your French!
2. What is the French equivalent of "A rolling stone gathers no moss"?

Pierre qui mousse n'amasse pas roule
Roule la pierre pour avoir de la mousse
Pierre qui roule me donne la frousse
Pierre qui roule n'amasse pas mousse

World: Business World: Writing Your Resume / CV
3. An activity you enjoy is drinking beer. You even won a certificate for drinking ten cans in an hour. Should you include this on your resume?

Don't mention it
Mention your interest and the certificate
Mention it, but not the certificate
Go into lots of detail

World: Presidential Trivia: U.S. Presidents Grab Bag, Part 1
4. I was the Supreme Commander of the Allied forces in Europe during World War II. I was so popular with the American people after the war that I was elected President twice, in 1952 and 1956. Who was I?

Dwight D. Eisenhower
Warren G. Harding
Harry S Truman
John F. Kennedy

World: Presidential Assassinations: Assassination Attempts on U.S. Presidents
5. In 1981 the president who had an attempt on his life was Ronald Reagan. John Hinckley was the shooter. Where was Reagan shot, threatening his life?

Heart
Liver
Brain
Lung

World: U.S. Commercials: Addictive Infomercials
6. Who are the host and co-host for the "Gazelle Freestyle" infomercial?

Tony Little and Darla Hahn
Chef Tony and Jenilee Harrison
Jan Muller and Nancy Nelson
Ron Popeil and Nancy Nelson

World: U.S. First Ladies: All the Presidents' Women
7. This woman was never married to the President, in fact she was his niece. She did, however, assume all the roles of First Lady. After her death, she was named First Lady of the National Collection of Fine Arts by the Smithsonian Institution.

Martha Wayles Skelton Jefferson
Harriet Lane
Frances Folsom Cleveland
Lou Henry Hoover

World: European Union: Look at Us: We've Just Got Bigger
8. Which famous Irish poet wrote a poem for the weekend of welcomes?

Durcan
Boland
Duffy
Heaney

World: French: Subjunctive or indicative?
9. Nous ferons une promenade à la campagne à condition qu'il _____________________ beau.

fasse
est
fait
soit

World: World Leaders: All in the Family
10. What is the surname of the father and son prime ministers of Greece, George and Andreas?

Papandreou
Papadopoulos
Karamanlis
Mitsotakis
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:03 pm

History

History: World War II: World War 2 Operations
1. What was the code name for the allied efforts to create an Atomic Bomb?

The Mannerheim Project
The Manhattan Project
The Mutilation Project
The Maddison Project

History: Massachusetts History: Plymouth, Massachusetts

2. Which of the following names was not represented on the original journey on the Mayflower?

Howland
Fuller
Carver
Pawlowski

History: French: French Revolution and Napoleon
3. Which, in the following, is NOT true about Louis XVI?

His fleeing strengthened the loyalties the people had for him
Louis XVI was captured at Varennes
Louis XVI tried to flee the country
Louis XVI was killed by the guillotine

History: U.S. History: Forgotten Already
4. The first atomic bomb was dropped on ...?

Nagasaki
Osaka
Tokyo
Hiroshima

History: January February March: Ten Days In January
5. This 'King' was born on January 8th 1935. Who was he?

King Kong
Elvis Presley
Stephen King
Martin Luther King Jr.

History: Mixed Bag: History High - World, U.S.
6. Which part of Berlin was communist during the Cold War?

West
South
North
East

History: Latin America: Mesoamerican Civilizations
7. What did the Aztecs believe that it was their duty to feed to the gods?

Corn, squash and beans
Blood
Water from Lake Texcoco
Snakes

History: Ancient History: Hannibal Barca
8. What was the name of the city state that Hannibal fought for?

South Deavens
Numenor
Carthage
Rome

History: 1990s Nostalgia: 90s Fads (American)
9. What caffeine filled drink that debuted in the 90s kept you awake and on the go?

Red Bull
Green Monkey
Blue Dog
Yellow Cat

History: Medieval History: The Code of Chivalry
10. Over time, the concept of the knight was replaced by the invention of firearms and knights were no longer needed on the battlefield. What are knighthoods considered as today?

the knowledge that one has done a job well
there is no knighthood today
a reward for service to one's country
becoming part of the country's defense system
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:24 pm

Movies

Movies: Slater, Christian: Christian Slater
1. In what movie does Slater play a DJ on a pirate radio station?

Kids
Pirates of the Caribbean
Pump Up the Volume
Save the Last Dance

Movies: D: Willem Dafoe's Movies
2. What was the other personality of Dafoe's character, Norman Osborn, in 'Spider-Man'?

Purple Pixie
Red Elf
Black Banshee
Green Goblin

Movies: Same Word Titles: It's Not Just A Quiz, It's An Adventure
3. Sir Robin of Locksley steals from the rich and gives to the poor as he leads the resistance against Prince John (Claude Rains).

The Adventures of Robin Hood
Archer's Adventure
The Greatest Adventures of Robin Hood
Adventure in Sherwood

Movies: Same Word Titles: This Quiz's Days Are Numbered
4. A young man (Josh Hartnett) vows to stay celibate for Lent, despite the temptations being thrown in front of him by his so-called friends, and meeting the woman of his dreams.

40 Days and 40 Nights
One Day at the Zoo
Just Two More Days
For 12 Days Only

Movies: Degrees - Easy 10: 10 Degrees of Jon Cryer
5. Madeleine Stowe and Daniel Day Lewis starred in this 1992 movie about the French and Indian War and finding love amongst all the violence.

The Last of the Mohicans
War
War and Peace
War Against the Indians

Movies: Williams, Robin: The Film History of Robin Williams I
6. Robin Williams has become a familiar face at Oscar ceremonies. For which film did Robin Williams receive his first of several Academy Award nominations?

Seize the Day
The Best of Times
The World According to Garp
Good Morning, Vietnam

Movies: K: The Film History of Akira Kurosawa
7. This 1985 film by Kurosawa was probably his grandest production, featuring amazingly filmed battle scenes. Roughly based on Shakespeare's 'King Lear', to which of the great Japanese film director's works do I refer?

High and Low
Dersu Uzala
Ran
Red Beard

Movies: Movies by Year: Top Movies of 1991
8. 'Delicatessen' is a devilishly funny comedy from the demented minds of directors Marc Caro and Jean-Paul Jeunet. From which country comes this fiendish delight of a film?

Spain
France
Germany
Brazil

Movies: Williams, Robin: The Film History of Robin Williams II
9. One of Robin Williams's most memorable performances of the 1990s is as Mrs. Doubtfire in the movie of that title. What is the name of Robin's male alter-ego in this hilarious comedy?

Harper Thompson
Thomas Malone
Daniel Hillard
Phillip Renquist

Movies: Classic Movies: Can You Name These Classic Movies?
10. Rick Blaine, an expatriate nightclub owner, and Victor Laszlo, Resistance hero, are both in love with Ilse, Laszlo's beautiful wife. The film takes place in occupied Morocco, at the beginning of World War II.

Casablanca
Algiers
Morocco
Play It Again, Sam
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:49 pm

Music

Music: Country Lyrics: Modern Country Songs First Lines 3
1. "Well way down yonder on the Chattahoochee". This is the first line of what song?

Hoochie Coochie
Way Down Yonder
Chattahoochee
The River

Music: Music Theory: Music Theory for Beginners
2. Use logic with this, if 'f'(forte) means loud, what would 'ff' mean?

to bang on the piano with all your might
the same as forte
very loud
a little softer than loud

Music: Motown Music: Motown - Memories In Music
3. Which of these Motown artisis was the lead singer with the Commodores?

Levi Stubbs
Eddie Kendricks
Junior Walker
Lionel Richie

Music: 1950s Music: 1950 to 1955 - the "No Era" era
4. Dean Martin had a big #2 hit in 1952 with "That's Amore". Throughout the song he's drawing descriptions about what it's like to be in love. One of the following descriptions is NOT in the song. Which one?

"When the stars make you drool like a baby of two"
"When you dance down the street with a cloud at your feet"
"When the world seems to shine like you've had too much wine"
"When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie"

Music: Finish The Lyric: Lost for Words! 5
5. "For tonight is the night, for feeling alright We'll be making ______ the whole night through So I'm saving all my love Yes I'm saving all my love." So what is Whitney Houston up-to all night in this song?

love
cakes
plans
noise

Music: Music from 1981: BRI's Top Ten Hits of 1981
6. What was the #8 hit for the year 1981? "When I said that I love you, I meant that I love you forever. And I'm gonna keep on lovin' you, 'Cause it's the only thing I wanna do. I don't wanna sleep, I just wanna keep on lovin' you."

I Love You Forever
Keep on Lovin' You
New Way to Love
Golden Country

Music: Guitarists: It's Only Rock 'n' Roll!
7. The audience went wild - the tortured Fender Stratocaster screeched as it was set ablaze on-stage at the 1967 Monterey Pop Festival. Who was responsible for this act of pyromania?

Jimi Hendrix
Marc Bolan
Eric Clapton
Pete Townshend

Music: 1960s Lyrics: The Early 1960s - Reprises
8. "When I meet a new girl that I want for mine She always breaks my heart in two, it happens every time I’ve been cheated, been mistreated" In 1960, it was a #8 hit - in 1975 it hit #2. It's title?

Only Love Can Break A Heart
When Will I Be Loved
Talk Back Trembling Lips
What In The World's Come Over You

Music: Geography in Songs: Places in Song
9. I have stuck sweet smelling buds in my hair. What city am I heading off to?

Chicago
L. A.
San Francisco
New York

Music: Christmas Music: Christmas Carols Chaos!
10. Three wise men are following a bright star to find a newborn king in the little town of Bethlehem. These three men bear three gifts: gold, frankincense, and myrhh.

Christmas Song
Jingle Bells
Silent Night
We Three Kings of Orient Are
Tonyblack

PreviousNext

Return to Games