Assassins Whowozzit Game - ABANDONED!

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:42 pm

raisindot wrote:Ser, if a person is killed 'for good' is it possible for the laws de morte to require that said victim remain really 'dead'--i.e., silent, wordless, non-participatory, even as a ghostly observer, so the rest of us who are still alive can try to figure out what the hell's going on without being subject to said victim's endless jabber for at least a certain amount of time, say, oh a week?

:)

J-I-B

Tee hee! I didn't have time to read Jan's last two posts. I'll get round to it.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:36 pm

Still no deciding vote? :lol:

OK I'll make this simple - I'm allowed to be suicidal in here and I'm not going to be anything like as frequent posting in thread in the next round, whether or not, I'm dead 'cos I have other things I need to attend to offline - which is why I wanted Cur to bring the vote deadline forward when J-I-B got bored :roll: So yeah Jeff - you'll be having some P&Q whatever happens but by then you'll know just how much I've been helping everyone and you might actually wish I was still flapping it and that you hadn't voted for me so eagerly, because then people are gonna start looking at the people who were so sure I should go down. :wink: If I survive I'm still prepared to cut you some slack for now, as you are a newbie to this game, and because at that stage you'll have seen the use in having someone citing the realities of the game, however unwelcome or tedious... :P

Guys with votes left. :D I don't care who you vote for so long as you consider this. If Bikkit and BD don't appear how fair is it that I go out when a tie-break is impossible because 2 people didn't vote and/or take part at all, whatever the reason for that. Also 2 people (if they don't come in) who didn't do a thing in this round for anyone. Remember the odds - it's just one person. :wink:

Cur - something for you to consider. Should the 3 remaining participant voters not vote for me at all AND all vote for the same person, there would still be no actual tie and I'm still talking from the grave (I've always wanted to meet Prof Hix :lol: )

My suggestion without any favour to myself, being almost certain worm meat now - in a tiebreak situation, any unused votes whether or not belonging to no shows are forfeit, not voided but withdrawn from their owners and put in the voting for the person whom most other of the remaining players have chosen. It seems a travesty for a person to be inhumed through the inaction of cowards and/or incompetents who are not here to exercise their intellect and own ambitions like at least 4 of my honourable colleagues have done at some personal cost in some cases (in that they're not thinking straight for various reasons).

Note that I can still be your corpse with this option, peeps who showed up. 8)

OK last thing I'm saying as validation (I reserve the right to defend myself if someone attacks my final plea for mercy from the players). 8)

Del, mC and SimStars (not Bikkit and BD) - vote for whomever you like but do me this one honour please, because Cur doesn't have to accept my suggestion on unused votes. Whoever of you three votes first, will the other 2 vote with them please. You don't have to and you can still vote for me anyway, in which case at least I'll go down knowing that my peers were cognisant of the fairness of using your vote to eliminate a rival in an open and above board manner, and not hiding behind 'being kind to newbies' or fickle, unreliable candidates.

I still ask no favours, only a truly honourable death and I bow to you all as colleagues I myself would be honoured to inhume had two knives not been aimed at my back all along, as the two no-shows have effectively done, should Sir (as this is the last opportunity I may have to acknowledge his erudite and ruthless testing) not be inclined to take up my honourable suggestion on the viability of all the players' remaining votes - regardless of activity, *bows with honour intact* :twisted:
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby michelanCello » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:38 pm

OK, sorry I'm late guys...
It's all a bit confusing, with'em new rules and everything, but just to make things easier, I'll use my last 2 votes for Big Daddy, 'cause he's the first in the alphabet and doesn't post here anyway... :roll: And I feel a bit sorry for Jan*...

*I'd like to point out that this doesn't mean I'm her accomplice, if she turns out to be... erm... more a killer than the rest of us...
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby SimStars13 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:50 pm

But doesn't that mean that Jan will still be going out any way, no matter what we others who still have votes left choose to vote for? Because, as I see it, unless Big Daddy votes for himself we still won't be able to create a tie, and Jan will go out. Which would mean you were almost voting for Jan by not voting for Jan.
"Martin! I thought we sold you"

DFTBA
SimStars13

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:10 pm

Thanks mC - you'll find out soon enough now and if I somehow escape Dotsie I'll keep this in mind should you need a favour at some stage later!

SimStars - you're free to vote as your conscience dictates, but if you vote for anyone other than Big D then it won't matter to me anymore. Even if you and Del vote with mC I could still go out if Sir *grits teeth* :roll: decides that tie-breaks do not take account of last votes going unused - whether or not those votes belong to players who have posted or not! :shock:

I need 5 votes so I'm gambling like hell here anyway. :lol: mC just helped me, but that doesn't mean I'm not still talking from the grave, even if you do as well. :wink:

Like I said - this is about honour more than anything now... :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby SimStars13 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:25 pm

Oh well, it's still about blind luck here, and I have no idea who the killers are, so my last vote is for Big Daddy, here's to a tie!
"Martin! I thought we sold you"

DFTBA
SimStars13

Postby deldaisy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:18 pm

I don't believe in the newbie stuff. And if anyone was going to be "nice" to newbs then it would pan out to a very boring game.

I say BRING IT ON! *hides*

I have more theories about POOH'S evil way of thinking..... I MEANT SIR! SIR! SIR! since its he who is pulling the strings to set things up right?

Jan and Dotsie while offering wonderful scenarios .. are doing my head in... which is largely part of the game right?

Personally I think SIR would assign at least ONE of the killer roles to a man.... just my gut feeling. And I am swinging between Raisindot and Willem. Hence why I voted for Willem. But personally I am waiting for a few things to happen AFTER this to see if other things happen.

I didn't think we had to vote three times. Unless you change your mind? Only the last one counts right?

And don't stop posting Jan OR Dots....

BUT BUT BUT....

I am voting for BigDaddy purely because he hasn't turned up. No strike the purely... I have a few reasons. Lets move this along.
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Willem » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:01 pm

The correct chances:

2 of us are killers - 20% chance I'm a killer
2 of us are cops - 20% chance I'm a cop. But I'm not.
8 of us are innocent and neither cop nor killer - 60% chance I'm nothing

However, that's to an outsider. The players already know their own role and that information changes the odds.

Let's say I'm a cop. There are 9 roles I don't know about, 2 of which are killers. So the chance that Jan is a killer is 2 out of 9 or about 22%.
Same for the innocents: 22% chance she's a cop, 22% she's a killer.
Killers off course know who the other one is, so it's either 100% she's the other killer, or 2 out of 8 = 25% she's a cop and 75% she's an innocent.

That's the end of the this lesson, now let's see if the odds are with me with the Dutch Lotery. If I win, I'll come to the Australia DW con!
Willem

Postby deldaisy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:19 pm

Willem wrote:The correct chances:

However, that's to an outsider. The players already know their own role and that information changes the odds.

Let's say I'm a cop. There are 9 roles I don't know about, 2 of which are killers. So the chance that Jan is a killer is 2 out of 9 or about 22%.
Killers off course know who the other one is, so it's either 100% she's the other killer, or 2 out of 8 = 25% she's a cop and 75% she's an innocent.

That's the end of the this lesson, now let's see if the odds are with me with the Dutch Lotery. If I win, I'll come to the Australia DW con!

Will If I win the lottery I will pay for you to come over.... after all... I will be staying at the Hilton if I do. :D
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby michelanCello » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:53 pm

1) Maths... :roll: :P
2) You denied being a cop but didn't deny being a killer... :P
Listen.
michelanCello

Postby deldaisy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:12 pm

michelanCello wrote:

1) Maths... :roll: :P
2) You denied being a cop but didn't deny being a killer... :P

VERY OBVIOUSLY TOO .... bit of a tease isn't he.
deldaisy

Postby Willem » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:29 pm

I just copied the bit Jan typed and changed the numbers :)
Willem

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:50 pm

Numbers - odds :lol: Bummers and cods. 8)

I'm a dead assassin talking whatever, unless Cur - why do I care now 8) sees the 'justice' of my suggestion. Or maybe I should say Sir - you see he knows what's been done, because he does know who everyone is doesn't he? :D

Like I said - a question of honour now. My friends, mC, SimStars and del could well have cast their vote on a killer, or they may have chosen a cop for all I know. Either way there'll be one of each left. And an innocent will still die tonight unless the protector cop survived AND makes an inspired choice - even though Big Daddy and/or I will be an known quantity...

What I know for sure is that I'm no cop. But I'm not telling you what I am, because the one thing you'll find out at 10 pm whether or not Bikkit or Big Daddy show, is that I haven't lied to any of you at all whether or not I get my miracle... 8) Don't trust anyone - because as Sir says - it's all a test! :twisted:
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan Van Quirm

Postby michelanCello » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:54 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Numbers - odds :lol: Bummers and cods. 8)

I'm a dead assassin talking whatever, unless Cur - why do I care now 8) sees the 'justice' of my suggestion. Or maybe I should say Sir - you see he knows what's been done, because he does know who everyone is doesn't he? :D

Like I said - a question of honour now. My friends, mC, SimStars and del could well have cast their vote on a killer, or they may have chosen a cop for all I know. Either way there'll be one of each left. And an innocent will still die tonight unless the protector cop survived...

What I know for sure is that I'm no cop. But I'm not telling you what I am, because the one thing you'll find out at 10 pm whether or not Bikkit or Big Daddy show, is that I haven't lied to any of you at all whether or not I get my miracle... 8) Don't trust anyone - because as Sir says - it's all a test! :twisted:

You're no relative of a certain Mr. Teatime, are you? :shock:
Listen.
michelanCello

Postby deldaisy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:56 pm

:D :D :D
deldaisy

PreviousNext

Return to Games