Your Writings

Moderators: Tonyblack, Jason, Toothy

Postby rissoles » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:03 am

If anyone is interested one of my books is available at this forum http://www.raikothan.com/phpBB3/index.php

It is not Discworld related but is historical fantasy. It is free - the only "price" being a request that the reader leave their comments.

And from the comments garnered so far, its not bad... have a look (at the comments).
rissoles

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:14 am

Thanks rissoles! :D

I see someone with your username has just registered at Hookton.com :wink:
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby rissoles » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:17 am

well i have no Idea who that might be bearing in mind I have been a Bernard Cornwall aficionado for the last 852,128 years.... :lol:
rissoles

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:19 am

Well I'm glad you found us. And look forward to your posts there. :lol:

I've just approved your account, so you should get an email soon.
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Tiffany » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:37 am

I have read your story, Poohcarrot. A remarkable insight into life in Japan by an English teacher living there. :D
I have a Japanese penpal, she writes better English than I do, but her phrasing is lovely. :D
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Tiffany » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:39 am

I had to do the same Tony, which is why I missed Poohcarrots story, untill you put the link on the other thread.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Dotsie » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:58 am

Really enjoyed them, poohbcarrot. Reminds me of when I was in Japan, trying desperately not to pour my own drink!

We felt like filmstars. We were the only westerners there - for some reason I thought Tokyo would be more cosmopolitan.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:36 pm

Very good poohbcarrot! :lol: Reminded me of Interesting Times a little with the unreliable translations - tonal languages are really fascinating :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:01 pm

Thankyou all.
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Lady Vetinari » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:24 pm

What are the rules? Are certain things prohibited, bearing in mind there could be under 18s on this site? I do a lot of writing, so I was just wondering what are the prohibitions?
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:32 pm

Rules? :? I don't think so. Just bear in mind that Terry's writing attracts people of all ages and that probably means that this site should be classed as a family forum.

Just bear in mind that youngsters may be reading. :)
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby chris.ph » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:51 pm

like me :twisted:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Lady Vetinari » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:13 am

Tonyblack wrote:Rules? :? I don't think so. Just bear in mind that Terry's writing attracts people of all ages and that probably means that this site should be classed as a family forum.

Just bear in mind that youngsters may be reading. :)

I will! I may just put certain segments of my story in as some of the scenes are definitely too adult. I need someone I can trust to help me with grammer and punctuation.

But I may put the prologue of my (one I've written as yet unpublished) favourite story up. See how that goes.

Lady Vetinari

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:22 am

Sounds great! :D
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Lady Vetinari » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:41 am

I will get the prologue out, edited, and dusted and on here before the end of the day, I hope you all will like it, though feel free to give me hints and tips.

Thanks for the interest... by the by, I have direct permission to use Terry's name and the names of his novels and characters in my book, I do have to ask specific permission for separate quotes though... all without a lawyer!!!! I'm so pshyched!

Lady Vetinari

PreviousNext

Return to Games