Messiah ~ An Xmas game for pagans and atheists everywhere

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:42 am

You lot aren't 'alf crap at this game. :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby deldaisy » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:52 am

Mary: GREAT! Its the height of the holiday season.... I'm about to give birth...... and NOW you tell me you haven't even booked the freaking room?[/b]
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby deldaisy » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:54 am

ShadowNinjaCat wrote:I think the bunch of us are lost :lol: going backwards and forwards in a desert :P oh wait.. did anyone bring water :shock:

Drinks at every sunset at the "Oasis Bar" Shadow. See you in the hottub.
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:05 pm

I'm not going to Bethlehem! It's a boring little village! :shock:

Let's go to Antioch, or Rome.
My cousin Cohen went to Rome and he made his fortune there! :wink:

Come on donkey turn around!
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby michelanCello » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:17 pm

Sjoerd3000 wrote:I'm not going to Bethlehem! It's a boring little village! :shock:

Let's go to Antioch, or Rome.
My cousin Cohen went to Rome and he made his fortune there! :wink:

Come on donkey turn around!

:lol:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:11 pm

Well this is a little like the gold rush - for some lucky madonnas anyway... :twisted:

Sharon and Lilith so sorry, but of course you both must miss a turn and concentrate on getting your stories straight so you don't get left waiting at the tabernacle on your wedding day... :?

And what of the others - well good news is no news for most of you - you're all off on the trail to Bethlehem (Caesar has slammed a ban on travel across the empire until all heads are accounted for in the Census - one way or another and with permanent prejudice if necessary! Have you seen the size of those legionnaires gladioli...)? :shock:

Dorien ~ 2 bonus moves + 1
Sabrina ~ 6 bonus moves + 4
Ruth ~ 4 bonus moves + 5
Miriam ~ 2 bonus moves + 2

Looks like you 4 have the angels guiding those donks for now as well. Nobody's fallen into the Limbo spaces (pity really 'cos you all missed the Wedding Feast and Joseph's little misdemeanor in the wine tent which meant it took you and your mum nearly 2 hours to get him onto the donkey and back home for your wedding night - not that that would've been much fun anyway, but still better than listening to sound of Joe in the littlest temple for the rest of the night and most of the next day...) :roll: :lol:

And so it was that alone of all the madonnas, Sabrina boldly went forth unto Bethlehem and to the Holiday Inn. But alas the donkey (having seen enough regurgitated carrots on your wedding night), held out for pony nuts as inducement and so it took so long getting there you've missed the deadline registration time and the Holiday Inn is filled to capacity!

Well Sabrina - you're one lucky virgin! You've pulled yet another jubilation throw ~ Result! Joseph's cousin Zak works at the Hilton and dates the receptionist so he can get you in there! Throw again but be quick 'cos they can only hold a room for you for so long...!

Sabrina ~ 3 space bonus next go!

updated as of 17:03 10/12/2010
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:05 pm

gladioli? :shock: The legionaries cary flowers? :wink:

Surely her ladyship means gladii :P
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:08 pm

Nope - gladioli are lethal in trained hands. Look at how much Dame Edna Everage has to fork out in compo! :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:32 pm

Mixed fortunes again and with some backtracking :lol: so without ado lets see how everyone's done this time... :twisted:

Dorien ~ 1
Sabrina ~ 3 bonus moves
to land in Limbo- more info to come on this... 8)
Ruth ~ 3
Miriam ~ 3
Sharon ~ 1
Lilith ~ 6

So all our madonnas are well on their way to somewhere or another but Sabrina's luck just ran out...

Extract from the Bethlehem Evening Herald:Judea is in a state of unrest this December, as the Imperial Census begins to bite and all the hostelries in town are full to bursting with distant descendants of the House of David, flocking into town. This evening the Herald has been informed that the Governor has ordered roadside checks in the hotel district as scalpers and other dissident groups are attempting to sell on rooms reserved at the better hotels at highly inflated prices...

Sabrina's stopped at a fascist Imperialist road block. Unfortunately you can't find your ID card... Go back 4 spaces and rummage through your saddle bags!

Meanwhile, back at the Hilton Ruth's had a stroke of luck even though she's too late and the Holiday Inn is full... Joseph's cousin Zak (what coincidence! :roll: ) works at the Hilton and dates the receptionist (another one! :roll: :roll: ) so he can get you in there! Throw again but be quick 'cos they can only hold a room for you for so long...!

Ruth~ 6 space bonus next go!

updated as of 21:25 12/12/2010
Jan Van Quirm

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:43 am

This Joseph's cousin Zak has quite an interesting life :lol:
(Normally I'd yell at him but if he's helping me... :roll: )
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:42 pm

More Swings and Roundabouts for people... :twisted:

Dorien ~ 4
Sabrina ~ 5

Ruth ~ 6 bonus spaces + 6! The maiden's a blur and bolts straight into the Hilton, but then - DISASTER...!
Miriam ~ 2 Finally she's on the trail to Bethlehem!
Sharon ~ 6
Lilith ~ 1

So a great run for Ruth but boy has she hit a wall! Major tribulation coming up for her! Meanwhile Miriam's got more travel plans to make...

Ruth- Zak meets you outside with bad news. He's just got the sack and the receptionist's dumped him! There's worse to follow - his ex has really got the hump with him and refuses to book you in without full payment up front. You can't afford the room rate... You and Joesph have a massive row and so must miss a turn!

And back at Nazareth - you'll never guess! :lol: Miriam's Joe's also in the House of David group. but this Manager at the Bethlehem Holiday Inn's yet again giving out a mighty discount if you register early so you get to throw again!

Miriam ~ 6 space bonus next go!

updated as of 21:35 on 13/12/2010
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:02 pm

pff did I get the slowest donkey or something :P
Sjoerd3000

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:50 am

Now I can yell at Zak as much as I want :evil:
CrysaniaMajere

Postby deldaisy » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:01 pm

Well at least I am moving in the right direction huh? :D Thats always a bonus. Bethlehem here I come! (Sorry I haven't been on to see how the game has been panning out. Been throwing up for a few days. Morning sickness???????)Image
deldaisy

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:43 pm

I don't think I'm ever going to stay in a Holiday Inn or Hilton ever again - the way they treat virgins is disgraceful! :evil:

Dorien ~ 3 to get to the gold point III
Sabrina ~ 5 to get to the gold point V

Ruth ~ Still arguing at the Hilton... better luck with your throw in the next round ;-)
Miriam ~ 6 bonus spaces + 2 Nearly there gal!
Sharon ~ 5 to get to the gold point III
Lilith ~ 4 to get to the gold point III

Well things are moving at last at the Nazareth end with the slower madonnas all getting ready to go to Bethlehem - meanwhile our leaders are not having a good time at the Hilton...

Sabrina- Oh dear, oh dear! Joe's cousin Zak meets you outside with bad news. He's just got the sack and the receptionist's dumped him! *yadee yadee yada...* his ex has got the hump with him... won't let you in without full payment up front... can't afford the room rate... Joe starts yelling at the donkey and you have a massive row... Miss a turn for donkey abuse!

And back in Nazareth -*yawns* :lol: Sharon's & Lilith's Joes are also both in the House of David group for this bloody Census thingie and YOUR dads also know this Manager at the Bethlehem Holiday Inn who's yet again giving out a mighty discount if you register early so you get to throw again! (must belong to same Lodge surely...?)
BUT
Dorien Your donkey still hasn't recovered from the honeymoon (what with Joe being sick in its ears and generally making a real ass of himself trying to get on the ass...). Miss a turn while you try to lure it out of the stall.

Sharon ~ 2 space bonus next go!
Lilith ~ 4 space bonus next go!

updated as of 18:30 on 14/12/2010
Jan Van Quirm

PreviousNext

Return to Games