Messiah ~ An Xmas game for pagans and atheists everywhere

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Willem » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:57 am

Awww I missed picking a virgin! Now all I can do is watch the game without actively participating as an innocent bystander, instead of watching the game without actively participating as a lucky contestant :)

And to get it over with: I'm not the Messiah's mother, I'm a very naughty boy.
Willem

Postby deldaisy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:22 am

I got so exicted thinking I was in the lead.. then I remembered I am Dorien. Oh well slow and steady wins the race.

Besides, I am running in a preggers suit! (You all can see Mickey Mouse there huh? :D :D :D )

AND its over 100 in the shade! Hang on ... someone google "Bethlehem in December Weather Stats" for me will ya?

No quiz! I'm happy to sit back and wait for the "moment of conception" to arrive divinely upon me. At lease this way we aren't required to be here if RL rudely interrupts.
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:21 pm

Willem and Crys - we still have 'unsponsored' madonnas :lol: There's Ruth and Sharon needing some support (well Ruth's doing OK but anything can happen in this game. :wink:

Looks like a quiz element's unwanted - :D this really is a shallow no-brainer of a game which, TBH, is because I wanted something that didn't depend on people showing up to keep the game going, so all you have to do is check in when you can and if you're a sponsor/backer for one of the madonnas, then you can do some cheering on or moan at her lack of form, knowing that it's done with dice so you don't really have to do anything at all aside from b*tch or gloat :P

Back again later with the latest moves :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby deldaisy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:32 pm

And right here and now I would like to publicly thank Jan for taking the time and effort to shake the dice and move our little tokens around the board on the way to our deflowering, while we sit back and get a free ride.

Thank You Jan xx
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby deldaisy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:35 pm

That last post sounds a bit sucky huh.
Appropriate to todays quote on the opening page of the Terry Pratchett page:
Far below the sea sucked on the shingle as noisily as an old man with one tooth who had been given a gob-stopper

But I WAS serious Jan... Thank you.
deldaisy

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:11 pm

Willem wrote:Awww I missed picking a virgin! Now all I can do is watch the game without actively participating as an innocent bystander, instead of watching the game without actively participating as a lucky contestant :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:20 pm

I'll sponsor Sharon! Haven't been in here for ages so I missed it. Do I get to kill anybody?
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:33 pm

sure :wink:

You can kill Pooh if you like :twisted:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:05 pm

Shazzers all your's Dotsie :wink:
Ruth's still free if you want Willem :D

This is an exercise in practicalities so any deaths along the way are down to you 'orrible lot :twisted:

Also a tribute to all those pregnant virgins (of conviction if not actual) throughout history who managed to get their little messiahs out with less of a fuss and didn't get the blazing stars, wise men (hah! now there's a misconception waiting to happen! :roll: ) or figments of the imagination predicting great things for their little basket. 8)

No decision's, deaths or questions except the one's you bring with you on issues raised along the way. I did mean it about Matthew - there's no great departures really, so play with the alternative extrapolations to a modern theme and use that to debate how this isn't so much the Greatest Story Ever Told as a morality fairytale - with donkeys... :lol:

Is that gonna amuse you enough pooh 'cos I could bring our Lord JL in if you think it's not edgy enough? :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:59 pm

So I really have to do nothing and that's ok?
wow for me
I'll be Ruth then :P
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:47 pm

First come first served - Ruth is all yours Crys (sorry Willem :wink: )

OK - onwards and let's hope you all get the luck you deserve... :twisted:

Dorien ~ 5
Sabrina ~ 2
Ruth ~ 4 - BUT you overshoot the golden point!
Miriam ~ 5
Lilith ~ 5 - BUT you overshoot the golden point as well!

Soooo - Ruth and Lilith, you may think you've got this race sorted but in fact you're gonna have to turn around and land squarely on that golden point next time. Regrettably reverse gear on your respective donkeys are dodgy in the extreme so you're going to have keep to-ing and fro-ing until you land on that sparkly pointy bit fair and square... :lol:

And what of the virgin Shazzer I hear you ask? Sharon ~ 1
You've landed on a Limbo square! :shock: It looks like you've not got a guilty conscience like that trollop Sabrina because you Shaz have cause for jubilation!

And verily it came to pass that the fair maiden Sharon, exhausted by having to explain to her parents (not to mention poor old Joseph) why she was feeling distinctly icky dick of a morning and having to keep rushing to the littlest temple the whole time, was packed off to see her cousin Liz...

Great! Liz is in the club as well! Rush forward 1 space to celebrate at Fatima's Fast-Food-A-Rama - but go easy on the choccy milkshakes and the anthracite and marmalade begels! :wink:

updated as of 16:45 6/12/2010
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:08 am

Bet Sjoerd still loses! :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:11 am

Maybe - the Lord giveth and taketh away and those Limbo tribulations will get progressively nastier :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:54 am

So, looks like Dorien is doing better than all of the others so far?
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:55 am

I've never won any game (apart for Werewolf at the con :wink: )
So I'm already counting on the fact I'm going to lose :P
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

PreviousNext

Return to Games