Board Games

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Board Games

Postby Bickaxe » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:26 pm

Know of any new ones? I do.

Not counting THUD! or the never released Hogfather game, I understand there are possibly up to 4 Discworld games in production at this time, with a few being given licences.

There was 1 at the Con (Discworld, the game) that I have had the chance to play recently. I enjoyed it and would happily play it again but it could do with a bit of refining (which it is getting now).
I've also played a couple of others, 1 of which was brilliant and the other was currently a nightmare to understand (beta versions) but I don't think I can say any more on that.

Does anyone here play board games? I'm not on about the mass produced stuff like Monopoly or Cluedo but the more adventurey type games that pits you and the other players against the game or each other.

I've played
Settlers of Catan (love it, but not very good at it)
Fury of Dracula (Not bad at it, not very good at playing Dracula)
Shadows over Camelot (Excellent game, win 50% of them)
Munchkin Quest (Excellent and fun)
Zombies (Can take ages (several hours) to play but the short games are good)
To name but a few but I think just a basic card game like.... Munchkin is my current favourite.

If anyone is attending Hogswatch in Wincanton this year, I'll have a game or 2 with me and I understand these new Discworld games could be somewhere around :wink:
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:11 am

Talking of which - there's a Guards! Guards! boardgame coming out this summer. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby pip » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:18 am

Tonyblack wrote:Talking of which - there's a Guards! Guards! boardgame coming out this summer. :)

very cool. Not impressed with one of the comments calling discworld silly humour. Twat.
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Bickaxe » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:20 pm

Have play-tested Guards! Guards! and thought it was brilliant.
There is another called Discworld: The Board Game due too at some point I think, that was enjoyable.
Fiendish til the en-
Bickaxe

Postby Bickaxe » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:45 am

Seen some artwork for Ankh-Morpork and it is good. Very good.
When we play tested the game it was a nightmare but I understand it has been refined a lot since then so I wouldn't mind giving it another go soon.
Fiendish til the en-
Bickaxe

Return to Games