Death at the Library - The Ephebe whowazzit game

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby meerkat » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:09 pm

Cheers! I thought you REALLY THOUGHT I was the murderer! :shock:

Hey ho!

Good luck guys, it's NOT Dotsie and that's my last comment... for now!
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:10 pm

Dotsie wrote:Oh Willem. You've played a good game. Shame you just don't look very trustworhy :lol: You voted for Jan last phase that's true, but only after it became apparent that she was on the way out. Good way to cover yourself :wink: I vote for Willem

Is it possible to post anything now without lying Grumpy Dotsie? :lol:

You seem to be forgetting that you hadn't cast your last vote at the time Willem voted.

If Willem had voted for mC, then so would Grumpy Dotsie and the killers won.
If Willem hadn't voted, then Grumpy Dotsie would have cast her last vote for mC and the killers would have been a coin toss from victory.

If Willem was a killer, he would have voted for mC.

Grumpy Dotsie, you were on line at 4:00 but didn't vote.
Killer Jan wasn't dead until Willem cast his final vote.

YOU ARE LYING (again :roll: ) GRUMPY DOTSIE!
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:25 pm

Isn't she supposed to lie (like I did) if she's the killer (like I was). C'mon pooh - you can't complain about the killers lying, 'cos that's what they're supposed to do... :wink:

Unless she's innocent and telling the truth of course, but that's something you won't consider - they can't all be innocent after all 8)
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:43 pm

Well just to keep you and Grumpy Dotsie happy, I won't post again on this thread, unless to point out a future Grumpy Dotsie lie. 8)

I am the only person posting, who has no ulterior motive and who doesn't care who wins. I was voted out, remember?
The only thing I'm interested in, is if my prediction of Jan and Dotsie being the killers is correct.

I have tried my best to help the innocents. It is now up to them.

If Grumpy Dotsie wins, then she'll be a worthy winner and I'll be the first to congratulate her.
If she loses, I'll laugh.

All I can say is, that after the first round, this game should have been a stroll for the killers. But because they both made so many mistakes, there is a possibility that they might lose. :shock:
What should have been a case of shooting erratic posters and newbies in a barrel has turned into the best game of this so far. 8)

It's not the winning or losing, it's the taking part that's important. :P
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:22 am

Of course - but don't forget there were more people to kill and vote off this time though - we can only get rid of one person per phase after all. So I got voted off nearer the end than you did old sport and this is the last round and we never got to the 2-1 configuration before either. Taking part is good and taking it down to the wire is even better darlink :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:09 pm

Calling me a liar again pooh? Is it dark, with your head up there?
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:27 pm

He's getting jittery Dotsie - check the sign-up thread out :wink:

poohcarrot wrote:I am the only person posting, who has no ulterior motive and who doesn't care who wins. I was voted out, remember?

I wasn't going to point this out, but what's sauce for the goose... 8) I can't be bothered to find the quotes and most people will remember you saying that -

I still want the innocents to WIN Crys

No? How about

GO KILLERS!

Do make up your mind and 'stick to your guns?' pooh - :P
At least you meant the killer remark ironically. This 'I don't care who wins' stuff is totally craven and, come Friday, totally bogus :twisted:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:42 pm

Why couldn't you have posted this on the other thread? :lol:
Now I'll have to answer here. :roll:
meerkat wrote:So no one cosied up to anyone else during this game? Interesting revelation if you are innocent! :evil:

Jan Van Quirm wrote:No one who was innocent did meerkat

Um...incorrect! :lol:

I had a pact with Willem. He stood by his end of the bargain when everyone else was stabbing me in the back. I thought the least I could do was try to pay him back for his integrity.

Not once, but twice when I thought Willem's life was in serious danger I tried to save him. The first time I stated at least four times that the killers were going to kill Willem. Then's when I was going through my "Go killers " mood. As Grumpy Dotsie would say "It was a bluff!" I was betting that Jan and Dotsie wouldn't let my prediction come true, so would kill somebody else. 8) Check out my first post after bikkit had been foolishly murdered.

When it comes to being contrary, there is nobody on this forum to beat those two old pros. :lol:

First time I did it they killed bikkit (bizarre decision! :? )
Second time I did it, Dotsie killed poor plucky meerkat (another bizarre decision! :? )
Last edited by poohcarrot on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poohcarrot

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:45 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:He's getting jittery Dotsie - check the sign-up thread out :wink:

Um...er...why are you telling Dotsie? Are you still working with her? :?

You've just admitted that all this irritating gawping is purely to try and protect Grumpy Dotsie?!
:shock: :shock: :shock:

You should have taken mC's advice Dead Jano, and shut up. :lol:
You've just hung your partner out to dry. :lol:

What do you think mC is going to think now? :lol:

Come on sQUIRMy, let's see you squirm yor way out of this. :twisted:
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:48 pm

All the players now have a choice of the other two to evict... any of whom might be my partner thanks to you my dearest... :lol:

How can I be fairer than that? 8)
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:14 pm

Dear Dead Jano-The-Mouth
I don't need to add anything more to that. 8)
I caught you out and you couldn't defend yourself. :lol: :lol: :lol:
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:17 pm

Repeating yourself with multiple smileys now? I do hope you're not sickening for something dearest - it's really not like you to be so unoriginal... :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby michelanCello » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:36 pm

I don't know anymore!! I mean, the connection between Jan and Dotsie has been obvious since day 1, but that could be also just a friendship since they know each other for a while. On the other hand, I'm not convinced about Willem's innocence.
Willem, I know you're not supposed to trust anyone, but please, if you're not the killer, trust ME! Image I really want to get the killer, but that'll be difficult if the other innocent doesn't cooperate...

I've been very sure about Jan being one of the killers (Image OK, maybe not soooo sure, since I'm never sure about anything, but I was pretty sure she wasn't innocent.), and I knew where I stood with Jan. But now... I's like being blind. Image I hate making decisions...
Last edited by michelanCello on Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Dotsie » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:42 pm

I don't really know who to trust. It's a 50/50 guess, so I'll just have to cross my fingers. Having said that, I'll most likely be sticking with Willem now I know he's had a not-very-secret secret pact with pooh. You've made your bed, you can lie in it! :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:01 pm

michelancello wrote:I mean, the connection between Jan and Dotsie has been obvious since day 1, but that could be also just a friendship since they know each other for a while.

The only connection between myself and Dotsie in this game is quite simply the one pooh's assigned to us. He had no good reason to do that at all, especially so early in the game.

He did that because Dotsie happened to support something I said (which was perfectly reasonable) because both myself and Dotsie habitually knock down pooh's worthless assertions as to guilt and innocence in the 1st round of the game, because it is a lottery and only the 1st night phase may tell you a little more. Regrettably the most useful cop for getting assured info (Pooh/Didactylos) got voted off before he got to investigate anyone - if he hadn't been voted he'd simply have investigated me, found out for sure I was guilty and none of you would getting so stressed now, because he could just have gone for me even harder than he has - knowing he was right. This is all because he got voted off for long term purposes so he says of getting a rep for being the gawper from hell for future games 'cos nobody would want him 'unleashed' so early ever again.

Very clever - what about THIS game hmmm? How noble and upstanding does that sound now? Has he helped anyone at all in this game really? :shock:

Not convinced yet as to his shoddy credentials as a master strategist? :roll:

OK - Ditto the second night phase - if he hadn't been voted off in Day 2 he'd have gone for Dotsie and found out the 'horrific' truth that she's been innocent all along or he could have chosen someone else - mc or Willem perhaps, always presuming that the pact he had with Willem was a one round deal - well it had to be of course because gawpers can't make pacts anymore... :lol:

Just because Willem was a good pact partner doesn't mean he can't be a killer or that he 'has' to be innocent. My killing Bikkit and pre-agreeing to a seemingly stupid 'take a dive' vote so the other stayed in if one of us looked like drawing with someone whether that person was innocent or not was absolutely nothing to do with pooh (although it gave us a jolly good chuckle). Except that he'd done such a good job with getting you all to think Dotsie and I were 'together' in the 3 day vote meant that we actually wanted her in and wouldn't kill her just because we could and just so we'd have someone looking guilty as sin who wasn't my partner... Am I sticking to my guns well enough for you now cuddlebunny? :lol:

Let's try this another way because believe it or not I really don't like causing distress to anyone, most of all a brilliant partner. You've listened to pooh a fair bit - he's a very plausible and persuasive anlayst - loud as well. :lol: Ask yourself what he's really done for all the innocents in this game apart from the voting off which was unlucky even if he did sit up and beg for the Old and not so old Pros to get him off. I've been very lucky, but I've also not had to do that much manoeuvreing aside from refusing to admit anything on the guilt/innocence front on my own behalf.

Implicating Dotsie with me is mostly down to pooh not me isn't it? I told you over and over that she could be innocent and not my partner like Pooh's saying. I've confirmed that killing Bikkit was down to me and it backfired on me - but it backfired on the innocents even more because last night we really were shooting innocents in a barrel. No Tigran meant there was nobody to stop the kill which is why I was going to play that card like crazy during last day phase (if Bikkit hadn't turned out to be Tigran) so you'd go for Dotsie instead and then there would have been no killing at all and the true killer and myself would have won then - because Tigran was out. I gambled heavily and got myself out - that was the first time we'd put a foot wrong and still we planned it so it didn't matter too much because we could run this literally 3-ring circus so only me and my partner know who to gun for now.

Obviously I'm not going to join in with the finger-pointing at this stage because I want my killing partner to win this for us. But I'm still telling you all that pooh's conclusions and sweeping statements haven't actually done anyone any good at all in this - everyone that is except my still anonymous partner - even if that IS ultimately Dotsie. 8)

Decide for yourself - you won't listen to me obviously, but will it really do you much good if you keep listening to pooh. Dotsie know this very well indeed but she won't be thanking me for that at this point.

You'll be pleased to know this is my last post in here or in the 'I don't know what to do thread until Sjoerd closes the game on Friday. Pooh darling' - thank you for all the laughs you've given me, especially as you knew I really needed them - even if you've put me in hospital with all the broken ribs and the strangulated hernia Image
Jan Van Quirm

PreviousNext

Return to Games