Death at the Library - The Ephebe whowazzit game

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:31 am

But you're not stopping her from winning meerkat! :D
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:28 am

Anyone can see the difference. When you don't get what you want (ie your own back), you get mean and don't care about hurting people's feelings.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:36 am

pooh's a great cuddlebunny too Dotsie - feel free to 'cuddle' him with prejudice. Image The neck'd be a good place to start...

Darling cuddlebunny - Image Like Dotsie said you don't half go on and that's ME saying that! :lol: Pity you had to repeat yourself in there a few times though - takes the sting right out your denigration when you have over-state your reasoning... :wink:

Remaining victims - please note he didn't say a thing about my last posts as JVQ... 8)
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby meerkat » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:45 am

thank Io I am deaded! This is all too confusing!

Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:53 pm

Dotsie

You wrote,

IF YOU VOTE FOR JAN THE KILLERS WILL WIN

Well, Willem, mC and meerkat (RIP) bravely chose to ignore your advice. And you know what? They bagged themselves a killer. :lol:

This sentence alone is cast-iron proof that you are the other killer. :twisted:
The other twenty plus quotes of yours I posted are just the icing on the cake. 8)

FFS! It's only a game. :lol:

You made mistakes. You are going to lose. Don't get all sulky and take it personally. :roll:

If I am wrong about you, I said I'd make a grovelling apology to you.
If you do turn out to be guilty though, I'll bet you won't make a grovelling apology to me, will you? (not that I'd want one! :P )
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:51 pm

So heroic cuddlebunny Image

BTW - The reason Dotsie said that has to be taken in context dearest - she said that when she STILL thought I was innocent :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby meerkat » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:15 pm

So no one cosied up to anyone else during this game? Interesting revelation if you are innocent! :evil:
meerkat

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:34 pm

No one who was innocent did meerkat - the killers have to collaborate like mad because when you have some decent coppers left in long enough to make assured eliminations the killers are actually more likely than not going to lose...

My partner and I have been very lucky to have both cops off our case throughout this game - Bikkit/Tigran didn't try to protect either of us and even if she had, the other one could have done the kill anyway. Without pooh playing (instead of pontificating rather effectively (for us) if not accurately (for the innocents) :P ) he could have investigated me and Dotsie by now over the 3 night phases we've had and you and the other innocents would be in clover having won during the 2nd day phase most likely... :)

How does my lying my head off, just about myself the whole time look now? :twisted: Dotsie's seething with the lot of you, not just pooh I bet - or enjoying the best game yet, because of all this confusion which you've all largely brought on yourselves... :wink: :lol:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby meerkat » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:40 pm

We are new to this, remember. But we know better next time! :evil:
meerkat

Postby michelanCello » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:53 pm

Willem voted for Dotsie... Image

I think this is going to be the day phase that I might change my mind about things, but right now, for the same reasons that I've already written down some posts earlier, I cast my first vote for Willem. If I'm doing something stupid right now, he can always shout "STOP, STOP, you're killing us both!!", but this seems logical to me right now. I knew Dotsie and Jan would vote for each other (even if Dotsie hasn't voted yet - Dotsie, you can always vote for me, if you want to), and that one of them would be right, but that doesn't make my decision easier... That's it for now.
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:22 pm

Of course meerkat - and you're all playing brilliantly - especially one of you so-called rookies who's left in... :lol:

This isn't about experience as such anyway - it's all tactics and logic and the Old Pros can still make huge boo-boos (pooh) or be misdirected quite easily (ask Dotsie) so we're just as capable of being hood-winked as much as a rookie. :)

Conversely a rookie might get the hang of this pretty quickly just by focussing on their own role and learning from others - how not to do stuff as much as what's a good ploy. And the next game could be completely different and everyone's foxed again :lol:

mc - I never once voted for Dotsie and I'm only gawping not voting for anyone now. Dotsie didn't vote for me in the last vote off because she knew she'd come a cropper, even if I went down instead of her... 8)

I took a chance in jumping up and down daring everyone to vote for a rookie, knowing I could very well be voted off - now my partner reaps the benefit because you're looking a Dotsie still, but perhaps not quite so confidently, 'cos yes - sometimes the killers DO vote for each other. And we both did that in the last day phase.

Can you trust me when I say I voted for my partner who wasn't Dotsie last vote? Worrying isn't it? :D
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Willem » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:12 pm

'Stop stop, you're killing us both!' :)

But are these the words of an honourable innocent philosopher or a vile killer?
We can't really trust anyone anymore at this moment. Thing is, every word, every action can be explained in both ways: is it true, or a bluff?

On the one hand, Dotsie's been a suspect to me all the time. On the other hand, Jan's voting for Michelancello in the last day phase is confusing to the extreme. Did she vote for MC as the ultimate decoy move, making sure no-one suspects her partner MC in the last round? Or is that just what she wants me to think? Since no final votes had been cast yet, using up all her votes as a killer shouldn't be a wise tactical move (since from that moment, the killers didn't have an auto-win if an innocent used their final vote on another innocent. They could only add one vote to that vote.)

Jan stated the killers wanted confusion and chaos. Heath Ledger's Joker would be proud of her ;)

MC: I don't blame you for voting for me, or hold it against you. It's a 50/50 chance of guessing who the last killer is killer at this point and we can't trust any info posted. Do me a favour though - let's get Dotsie and live happily ever after ;)
Willem

Postby Dotsie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:20 pm

Oh Willem. You've played a good game. Shame you just don't look very trustworhy :lol: You voted for Jan last phase that's true, but only after it became apparent that she was on the way out. Good way to cover yourself :wink: I vote for Willem

Pooh - shut up. You got voted off, deal with it. I don't want your groveling apology, particularly since it seems to depend on an entirely chance event and not your manners.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Willem » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:18 pm

Yup, I voted for Jan - for the reason stated in that vote :)
We were all online at the deadline with the exception of MC. My vote was for Dotsie - for reasons stated earlier - and I didn't have to change my vote. Meerkat could have changed her mind and voted for Dotsie too which would have been fine with me.
But Meerkat was the first to blink and vote for Jan. So I changed back to Jan to ensure MC's safety, whom I considered the least likely killer.
Jan was high on the possible killer list (and with reason, it seemed) so I'm glad she's off. If I'd been Jan's teammate I'd sooner have voted for MC and take the 50% chance of the coin favouring Jan. Because if I am the killer, I'm at the same 50% chance now, but with a week of stress to find out what will happen :)
Willem

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:49 pm

Pity we chose to take the one newbie I didn't vote for (meerkat naturally) out of the equation for you in the time-honoured killer tradition. 8)

Even I don't know whether that helps or hinders your choice, but at least it gives her a chance to rest her noggin and concentrate on her house move - quite thoughtful of us on the whole, but I daresay you won't thank us for that... Image
Jan Van Quirm

PreviousNext

Return to Games