Death at the Library - The Ephebe whowazzit game

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:48 pm

michelancello and Willem - Dotsie is the one pooh says the killers want you to think is the remaining killer's target.

As the killer pooh said I was all along, but I couldn't admit to that before you voted me off! - all I'm going to be saying from now on, just to make it interesting for you all and because it's now a matter of record of course... :wink:

... is that my still in play accomplice who might be you or perhaps Willem, (but probably isn't 'cos pooh says it's Dotsie) all voted me off - plus meerkat who's not with us anymore... 8)

With me so far? :D OK - who did I vote for in the last day phase. Think carefully now because you could well be asked questions about this... 8)
I voted for you 1st... then I voted for Willem... and then I voted for you again.
The only newbie I didn't vote for was meerkat who is no more. 8)
The only other player I didn't vote for is Dotsie - because I said I wouldn't vote for her on the basis that one of us (as the pooh-nominated killers) could be innocent but nobody believed me because of course I included myself in that analysis (both guilty; both innocent or we could be 1 of each faction - and I was guilty).

So if the poohster's recent reasonings are correct Dotsie really is the other killer or else my 'secret' accomplice - you or Willem voted me off deliberately so the 2 remaining innocents wouldn't know who the hell to vote for :P

Dotsie's very nasty once her back's to the wall and through no fault of her own (or mine either 'cos now it doesn't matter what pooh called me does it) that's where she's been since the start of the 2nd day phase thanks to the blind cop who hasn't really helped the 'innocents' at all.

How lucky do you feel Newbies? Dotsie's playing hard ball this time and she won't be at all grateful for the fact that both of you ignored her in the last vote off! ...and that's because one of you didn't kill her last night - as I said would happen remember? :twisted: :lol:

Sweetest thing for me? This is the absolute truth and Dotsie is my witness... who you can't believe - thanks to who? :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby meerkat » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:14 pm

I really think that Dotsie is a 'red cuddly bunny' (she looks nothing like a red herring!).

I think Sjoerd has stunningly orchestrated who is who. Casting Bikkit in a main role when she has to go off on holiday was a stroke of genius! It certainly threw a lot of us!
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby michelanCello » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:20 pm

I'm not saying that every word Pooh says is true - I'd just like to point out that he was right about you, Jan, and thanks to that, there's one less killer in the game. It feels good to have chosen right by voting for you, because usually I make the wrong decisions. So right now I'm happy, and thinking about for who to vote next. I won't let me manupilate by Pooh, but that doesn't mean I won't vote for Dotsie - I will vote for the person I believe is the killer. I'll try to be objective, listening to either what you, pooh, Dotsie, Willem, or whoever writes. Maybe I've wrtitten this already, but I'm the type of person who can easily be convinced of anything, so nothing's written in stone yet (I don't know if this exists in the english language, but we use this quite often in Hungary... I'm not very good in phrases...).
By the way, Jan, since you turned out to be a killer and your "I-could-be-this-I-could-be-that" tactic didn't work, I'd suggest not to continue, because it isn't very genuine anymore, talking in conditional. Especially, because you know very well who the killer is.
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Willem » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:35 pm

The killing of Meerkat can be explained for each of the possible killers:

If Michelancello is the killer, she benefits from losing Meerkat since it's very probable that Dotsie and I will vote for each other. The only thing Michelancello would have to do is switch votes from me to Dotsie and back while laughing manically.

If Dotsie's the killer, she'd want to keep me in and hope to convince the remaining innocent to vote for me too. Meerkat used a vote on me last round, so if Dotsie would want to implicate me as a killer, Meerkat would be a better choice than Michelancello.

If I'm the killer, I'd need Dotsie in since she's been a suspect to many players for a while. Like in the Dotsie-scenario, I'd need to convince the remaining player to vote for Dotsie too. With Meerkat voting for me earlier, Michelancello would be a better bet to convince of Dotsie's guilt.

Weird thing, Dotsie's motive to kill Meerkat seems weakest to me :)

This is going to be another long week!
Willem

Postby michelanCello » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:15 pm

Willem wrote:The killing of Meerkat can be explained for each of the possible killers:

If Michelancello is the killer, she benefits from losing Meerkat since it's very probable that Dotsie and I will vote for each other. The only thing Michelancello would have to do is switch votes from me to Dotsie and back while laughing manically.

If Dotsie's the killer, she'd want to keep me in and hope to convince the remaining innocent to vote for me too. Meerkat used a vote on me last round, so if Dotsie would want to implicate me as a killer, Meerkat would be a better choice than Michelancello.

If I'm the killer, I'd need Dotsie in since she's been a suspect to many players for a while. Like in the Dotsie-scenario, I'd need to convince the remaining player to vote for Dotsie too. With Meerkat voting for me earlier, Michelancello would be a better bet to convince of Dotsie's guilt.

Weird thing, Dotsie's motive to kill Meerkat seems weakest to me :)

This is going to be another long week!

Whoa... that changes things... Seems like I'm the target of Willem's distrust. Hmm...
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:23 pm

michelanCello wrote:By the way, Jan, since you turned out to be a killer and your "I-could-be-this-I-could-be-that" tactic didn't work, I'd suggest not to continue, because it isn't very genuine anymore, talking in conditional. Especially, because you know very well who the killer is.

Of course I know who the killer is mc - and you can't trust me to do anything except protect my partner which is why we'd calculated that one of us might get voted off hence why keeping Dotsie or myself in play was so important to that strategy... :wink:

That was the whole point of the "I-could-be-this-I-could-be-that" so that now two of you can't trust the other two at all and my clever ole pardner just goes with who's most convinced that it's not them...? :lol:

My getting voted off was the best thing that could have happened to us - apart from the newbies trying to vote my partner off and getting it wrong. That was the bigger and more glorious gamble - one of us going off was in fact the 'safest route' and my being voted off the best of the two options - 'cos now you're all in frame... :D

"I-could-be-this-I-could-be-that" is now "My partner-could-be-this-My partner-could-be-that" and that's going to be an even bigger lottery and all because I was too good or 'obvious' choice of target for the rookies. Two of them possibly (since meekat obviously wasn't) - or is that Dotsie? :lol: 8)

And now you don't like Willem's reckoning too much - I doubt Dotsie's reasoning will make easy listening either. Good luck to the 3 of you - at this week's going to be a equal fight even for my partner because the odds are completely screwed now! :twisted:
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Willem » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:25 pm

On distrusting Michelancello - Not yet, but anything's still possible :)

My stated Dotsie's motive for killing Meerkat might not be strong, but that could be part of her plan. It's all about bluffs, double bluffs, triple bluffs, I-can't-believe-it's-not-a-bluff-bluffs, and other mindgames. I'm not one to make decisions lightly, especially when doing important things like playing games :) so I'm keeping my options open. I could also easily have missed something in thinking about her possible motives.

I'm predicting first votes being cast tomorrow, then everyone saving their other 2 votes till just before the deadline. I know that's what I'm planning to do!
Willem

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:51 am

I gave up at page 20 coz I got bored :roll:

These quotes are all in chronological order. :P

"I-did-it" Dotsie
Dotsie wrote:I'm always the killer!

Protecting killer Jan when I tried to get bikkit to go for Jan Dotsie
Dotsie wrote:Don't fall for his honeyed words bikkit!

Discovered Dotsie
Pooh wrote:Are Jan and Dotsie working together?
They also both voted for bikkit!!

Angry Dotsie
Dotsie wrote:I just think it's really annoying when you start squirming and trying to target someone, just to save yourself.

Factually incorrect Dotsie
Dotsie wrote:If you didn't keep throwing away your votes in a "I'm so convinced I'm right, look at how I'm voting" kind of way

Innocent Dotsie
Dotsie wrote:And pooh, your accusations are lacking their usual fervour - because you already know who's guilty perhaps? I dare you to kill me!

Innocent Dotsie (again)
Dotsie wrote:Just to be clear - you'd tell us if DJ was a killer, right Sjoerd? :wink:

Don't understand the rules Dotsie
Dotsie wrote:Just to be clear - you'd tell us if DJ was a killer, right Sjoerd? :wink:

Discovered Dotsie
poohcarrot wrote:Who are the killers?
Jan and Dotsie.

Innocent Dotsie (yet again)
Dotsie wrote:
poohcarrot wrote: At the start of the second day, both Jan and Dotsie (without prompting) implied they were both innocent. Suspicious! :shock:
Well, I am 8)

Innocent Dotsie (Broken record)
Dotsie wrote:And I have a feeling my number might be up. Ah well.

Killer protecting Dotsie
Jan Van Quirm wrote: I believe you Dotsie - I'll not be voting for you

Protecting killer Dotsie
Dotsie wrote:Hmmm, not sure where my last vote should go. I still think Jan done it, but I'm inclined to let her off anyway

Sarcastic Dotsie
Dotsie wrote:He's so funny :lol:

Convinced Dotsie
Dotsie wrote:Willem and michelanCello both voting for Jan already. Interesting :P And I'm no longer curious as to who the killers are.
So, which one of them to vote for? I vote for Willem, as Jan already has and we need to get one of the killers this time. Rookie mistake guys :wink:

Confused Dotsie (Killer Jan had actually voted for mC)
Dotsie wrote:Willem and michelanCello both voting for Jan already. Interesting :P And I'm no longer curious as to who the killers are.
So, which one of them to vote for? I vote for Willem, as Jan already has and we need to get one of the killers this time. Rookie mistake guys :wink:

Burning bridges Dotsie (aimed at mC)
Dotsie wrote:Firstly, what does being nice have to do with pretending to be a killer? Nothing! And why are you so protective of Willem if you really are so confused?
Fake!

Innocent Dotsie (What again?)
Dotsie wrote:OK, the facts:
I'm not a killer.

Vote for Jan and the killers win Dotsie
Dotsie wrote:If you agree, vote for Jan and let them win.

Not voting for killer Dotsie
Dotsie wrote: Otherwise, I will add my vote to whoever gets most votes that isn't Jan.

Who to vote for now Dotsie
Dotsie wrote:Willem, if I've got anything to do with it, I'm taking you down :D

Maybe I'm not innocent afterall Dotsie
Dotsie wrote: I often say things in this game that I might not believe 100%

So Willem and mC are innocent Dotsie
Dotsie wrote:getting rid of your partner at this stage in order to throw people off the trail would be a very risky business indeed.

I did it Dotsie
Dotsie wrote: But my point now is, if the other three are all voting for Jan, and I know my position guilt-wise, then surely I must also know Jan's?

Wrong choice of word Dotsie (innocence-wise would have been better)
Dotsie wrote: But my point now is, if the other three are all voting for Jan, and I know my position guilt-wise, then surely I must also know Jan's?

Convinced Dotsie (again)
Dotsie wrote: Either way, meerkat's definitely guilty :P

I would never state I'm innocent Dotsie
Dotsie wrote:The only reason most people don't state their actual innocence is because who would actually believe them at their word anyway?

Admission of lying Dotsie
Dotsie wrote:Of course it could be a bluff :roll: Anything I say could be. That's part of the fun.

Freudian slip Dotsie
Dotsie wrote:I killed this night phase
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Willem » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:56 am

As predicted by me, I will now cast my first vote:

It was Dotsie! We all know it was her! I nearly seen her doing it!
Willem

Postby Dotsie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:38 am

Pooh, I only read about half that post. You don't half go on. Just one question - how stupid will you feel when it turns out I'm innocent? :P I'm surprised that meerkat got killed, since I was by now pretty sure she was guilty, and me being convinced of that would have helped the killer in the last day phase. Back to the drawing board then.

And pooh, don't ever use the phrase "kicking a pet rabbit" again. I don't find it funny at all, just so you know.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:58 am

"Like kicking a puppy" - Terry Pratchett
poohcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:09 am

I'm not sure what you're saying here - that it's OK to use the phrase "kicking a pet rabbit" because Terry said something similar? If you just want to change your post, you don't need to quote Terry to do that.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:17 am

My original comment was based on something that Terry pratchett had written. I was just pointing it out to you in case you had never seen it before. Puppy/rabbit what's the difference?

As far as I'm concerned, kicking any kind of animal is wrong, and I'm pretty sure that was what TP meant too.
poohcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:22 am

What's the difference? The difference is that you altered a quote to aim it at me because you know that I have pet rabbits. That's the difference. Once again, you go too far.
Dotsie

Postby meerkat » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:25 am

I think I got :lol: away with calling Dotise a red cuddly bunny! Phew!
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

PreviousNext

Return to Games