Sign-up Death at the Library and What do I do now?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:12 pm

:lol: Sjoerd's had me fall on my sword or broken my neck falling down the stairs to the cells so it doesn't matter anyway - kind thought though mc :)
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Jan Van Quirm
Member
 
Posts: 10318
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:07 pm
Location: Dunheved, Kernow

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:14 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Someone dies tonight anyway and it could be any one of you doing the killing - have fun whilst you can kiddies 'cos it's Russian roulette now and who can bluff best will win. No shame on whichever side wins now but I'm not helping anyone in my gawping - I nearly always tell the truth remember as you've discovered to your collective cost and the innocent's chance of winning is considerably less without me in still... :twisted:

Sorry to rain on your parade dead Jano. 8)

Dotsie is going to get voted off next round. mC thinks she's a killer, Willem thinks she's a killer, Miss Meerkat thinks she's a killer (Dotsie was sarcastic to her!)

Dotsie doesn't have to kill any of them.

If I were Dotsie, I'd know that I couldn't win. So instead of getting some short lived thrill form killing someone, I'd plan for the future.

If I were Dotsie, I'd spare all three of them and run away.
Therefore all the newbies would win the game. But each one would always remember that they might have been killed but for Dotsie's mercy. They would each at sometime in the future, feel obliged to pay Dotsie back in some form. It might be not voting for her, sparing her, listening to her advice or whatever etc.

If I were Dotsie, I'd write my own ending and if she wants to kill someone as she flees, she can pop in the tanty and chop me up if it'll make her feel better. 8)

I think all the newbies have played brilliantly and all of them deserve to win. :D
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:32 pm

PMSL Image

Image You are so going to enjoy the outcome of the night phase my dear deluded lurve.

We shouldn't really discuss the gameplay ahead of the next and final voting phase but I've been telling the truth about myself and my old mucker's strategy since about Tuesday so if you weren't so fixated on Dotsie and read my posts a little more interepretatively you ought to have worked it out by now - watch MY predictions come true blind man. Image

It's all down to who blinks first now... :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Jan Van Quirm
Member
 
Posts: 10318
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:07 pm
Location: Dunheved, Kernow

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:39 am

No it isn't. :D
The game's over. 8)
Your prediction was YOU were innocent. :roll:
My prediction was YOU were guilty. :lol:
Exactly which one of is deluded, my little killer? :twisted:

:roll: OK Dead Jano, give me some time and I'll put together a montage of your previous quotes. :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:10 am

I'll save you the bother hunny! Image

I think you'll find I didn't confirm my guilt or innocence either way dearest and of course sometimes sacrifices are required and people who are thought to be guilty aren't (for some reason that you refused to accept) and some who are, aren't where you thought they were? Image

Like I said - nobody can trust anyone else now and my friend is very pleased with that state of affairs - it's a case of find the killer now and only I seem to know who that is. And you still don't know for sure... :wink:

Like I said guys who're still playing - I handed it to you on a plate so you wouldn't pay too much attention to someone who may or may not have been my partner and you still can't trust anyone even if they voted for me, but someone besides me was bluffing their head off to Olympic standards in that last round and all you could do was listen to me drive you all mad with analysis - quite a bit of which was true and I told you it was... *bows* 8)

Image Have fun kiddies - I have!
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Jan Van Quirm
Member
 
Posts: 10318
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:07 pm
Location: Dunheved, Kernow

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:35 am

Just give me one good reason why any of the newbies are going to vote for anyone but Dotsie? :?
In the last round they all thought Dotsie was a killer. :lol:

Anybody who voted for Jan CAN'T be a killer. 8)
If Jan only had 2 votes against her, then she would probably have been in a coin toss to see who got voted off.
If Miss Meerkat or Willem were killers, they would have voted for somebody different. They didn't. They are not killers.

And there is more chance of it raining money than there is of mC being a killer. :lol:

The game's over.
Will Dotsie do the decent thing?
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:50 am

...if Dotsie had also voted for Jan, there might have been some doubt about the other killer's identity. But to be contrary to me, she didn't, so there isn't, so she has lost. :P

Think about it! 8)
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Postby Dotsie » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:19 am

I almost hope that I killed this night phase, just to wipe that smurk off your face. As far as I'm concerned, Jan fell on her sword to protect her partner in crime. Who was the most guilty looking? Despite what you may say pooh, you might want to look at how many votes I had last round. Clearly everyone did not think I was the killer! :P

The killer was someone getting grief from you, and feeling a bit stressed about it. Jan took a fall because that's the sort of thing she would do for a friend. The only alternative to mk is Willem, who was also online at the last moment to change his vote, which he could do if Jan already had two votes.

But the one thing that absolutely makes no sense is, if both killers were online at 4pm, why didn't they both change their votes to one of the innocents and ensure a win? Then it wouldn't matter who looks guilty, becuase they'd be home free :? That's why I think it must be meerkat. If it were me, I'd risk it and change my vote to match Jan's.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
User avatar
Dotsie
Member
 
Posts: 9387
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:07 am

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:59 am

I really despair of some people - Image but not you pooh darling because you're doing such a good job of explaining how the killers (one of whom as you now know is definitely me, but may well not be Dotsie) have been playing this game and now to cap it all you've given such a good, but totally unsubstantiated analysis, of how Dotsie must be my killing partner. There - I've made you feel better at least cuddlebunny, but I doubt the others will thank you in the long term. Image

Especially Dotsie, who's also been telling the truth about us and had to follow my tactics because even now she's still, thanks to you, top of the suspect list where I didn't have to put her! Image

All you poor innocents - the TRUTH about Dotsie and I... :lol:
I told you that Dotsie and I weren't working as a team. She told you the same because my tactics could be used by her too, since none of you (except my partner of course) would believe us.
We were obliged to cover each other and Dotsie couldn't vote for me because if (so as far as she was concerned) I turned out to be a killer that'd taint her, possibly irreparably. I chose not to vote for her for exactly the same reason... Image

THIS WAS LOGICAL AS WELL AS AN EXCELLENT TACTIC! Image

I told you to be brave and try to resist the urge to test pooh's hypothesis and not worry about finding out who the other killer was, because one of us was innocent and that even if one of us got voted off, you'd still not be certain of the other one, whether or not the one who did go was innocent.
I told you it wouldn't matter if I got voted off, because you'd still have no real reason to make assumptions about whoever was left in - including people other than Dotsie.

Now you know I wasn't innocent but you also 'know' that I didn't mislead you - ask Dotsie, but be prepared to apologise to her big time :lol:

Don't ask pooh - he can't think about tactics outside of the box at this stage because of his rep. Image Unless, of course, he's giving me a prenuptial pressie with a hernia now he's busted all my ribs from all this laughing I've been doing... Image

Dotsie - you are wrong about one thing. I did fall on my sword but it really didn't matter whether I did or not. I think I'm a bit like the Old Count in Carpe Jugulam - it's all much better for the thrill of the chase if you give your opponents a decent crack at winning. If the next vote off goes against the killers I'll still be happy because we gave you all a really bad headache trying to work out how to defeat us! I'm out but our tactics are still very much in and still causing havoc. Whoever wins now deserves to! :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Jan Van Quirm
Member
 
Posts: 10318
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:07 pm
Location: Dunheved, Kernow

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:16 pm

:P
Last edited by poohcarrot on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:20 pm

Dotsie wrote:I almost hope that I killed this night phase, just to wipe that smurk off your face.

Was that a Freudian slip there Dotsie? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Didn't you miss out the word "am"? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dotsie the other killer wrote:I killed this night phase


This is going to be fun! :lol: :twisted:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:27 pm

Dotsie wrote:But the one thing that absolutely makes no sense is, if both killers were online at 4pm, why didn't they both change their votes to one of the innocents and ensure a win? Then it wouldn't matter who looks guilty, becuase they'd be home free :? That's why I think it must be meerkat. If it were me, I'd risk it and change my vote to match Jan's.

That's wrong as well - I was on at 4 pm BUT I'd used all my votes up at that stage hadn't I. :wink: It didn't matter whether or not I stayed in by then and if you'd all gone for Dotsie we wouldn't be having this convo if only you listened to me for a minute or so. But of course this time I might be lying... 8)

Meerkat & Willem were about at 4 as well and mc said already that she wasn't going to be around and wasn't changing her mind about me...

That's enough help from me though - but I can advise without incriminating :lol: Put pooh's hypothesis out of your mind for 5 or 10 mins and consider other possibilities.

How could my partner still be hiding if I'm taking the rap?

Have a look at this post

Still think that Dotsie's a firm suspect? One of you won't need to think after tonight of course - but Dotsie will 'cos she'll in deep khaki still, all because you couldn't take the chance my partner and I gave you. That's the price for the innocents not being brave - and making it more interesting for us killers if we can tweak your noses and get away with killing one of you tonight and still have a good chance of forcing two of you to let us win... :lol:
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Jan Van Quirm
Member
 
Posts: 10318
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:07 pm
Location: Dunheved, Kernow

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:40 pm

Dead Jano in the above example post wrote:the so-called pooh-nominated victims... erm - that should be innocents shouldn't it?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That post was NOT a very good example, Dead Jano

The so-called pooh-nominated victims were Jan & Dotsie.
You are claiming that you and Dotsie were both innocent! :shock:

You appear to be overlooking the fact that you were a killer and you're dead! :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:57 pm

Are you drunk sweetikins or stupid enough to never to see things from another perspective? 8)

pooh-nominated Image victims

Are killers generally victims? Who do they kill? :roll: :lol:

All along you've surely nominated Dotsie and I as killers not innocents - didn't you? So that makes everyone else innocent 'cos there's only 2 killers? Or were you drunk when you made that original assumption? Yeah that must be it Image Image

Well - I always thought this game was an art form of course and you my darling are definitely an artist. Just not the sort of artist we all thought you were... Image
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Jan Van Quirm
Member
 
Posts: 10318
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:07 pm
Location: Dunheved, Kernow

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:06 pm

I said you and Dotsie were guilty. I thought you were saying that you were both victims of my accusation. 8)

Of course if you are/were both guilty, the word "victims" wouldn't apply would it? And therefore you wouldn't have noticed the ambiguity in the words you were writing, would you?:lol:

"Are you drunk sweetikins or stupid enough to never to see things from another perspective?"

Silly old Dead Jano. :wink:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

PreviousNext

Return to Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests