POOH'S WHOWAZZIT GAME - STARTING NOW!

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:12 pm

Bikkit is arrested on various murder-related charges and is led away from the Convention in handcuffs (and tears).

The following 5 forum members remain;

Dotsie
Sjoerd
Crys
Willem
DJ

IF YOU HAVE A CHARACTER, PM ME WITH YOUR DECISION BY MONDAY 11:00 PM
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:11 pm

"DOTSIE?"
"Oh bugger! I'm dead, aren't I? I've been murdered, haven't I?"
"UM...THAT IS CORRECT."
"Oh well! It can't be helped, I suppose."
"I MUST SAY, YOU ARE TAKING THIS VERY WELL. MOST PEOPLE DON'T BELIEVE ME WHEN I TELL THEM."
"Woolly thinkers, the lot of 'em! Anyway, I can't be doing with all that black sandy desert nonsense. I believe that people get next what they believe they should get. Is that right?"
"YOU ARE QUITE CORRECT. IN YOUR CASE, WHEN YOU DECAY, YOUR ATOMS WILL DISPERSE THROUGHOUT THE PLANET, AND IN 5 BILLION YEARS TIME WHEN THE SUN DESTROYS THE EARTH, YOUR ATOMS WILL BE SCATTERED THROUGHOUT THE GALAXY AND EVENTUALLY THEY WILL END UP ON ANOTHER PLANET. THIS PLANET WILL BE DISC-SHAPED AND WILL BE CARRIED BY 4 ELEPHANTS STANDING ON THE BACK OF A GIANT TURTLE."
"Cool! See you around, Bone Man"
(Dotsie vanishes)
"WOW! WHAT A WOMAN!"

...and then there were 4;

Crys
Sjoerd
Willem
DJ

Voting for the next day ends at 11:00pm Friday April 30th.

You will then have 48 hours to PM me with your decisions.

On Sunday May 2nd at 11:00 pm the game could possibly be over (unless something silly happens which I haven't forseen).

Today's events;

CSI: Ankh-Morpork
A hands-on demonstration from a member of the Watch on examining a Discworld crime scene. Can you close the case?

Desert Island Books
Strange as it may seem, there are some authors worth reading other than Sir Terry. Our panel discuss which fantasy and sci-fi works they would take if they were to be marooned on the Nation.

Floating Orangutans
Every two years you give a significant amount of money to our principal charity. This event is a chance for you to find out how they spend it, as one of the Foundation's volunteers will be giving a presentation on their work.

Gala Dinner
Sunday evening's headline event. Break out your poshest frock, your snazziest suit and your silver-plated eating rammer, and join the Convention dignitaries at table.
Warning: Danger of speeches.

Note: This is the Convention's only extra-cost event. There will be a limited number of tickets available, and the theme and booking details will be revealed in April.

Grand Stamp Exchange
An opportunity to exchange stamps and chat about all things flataly.

Great Hedgehog Race
It's very simple. We give teams of competitors a pile of junk each and challenge them to make something useful. Well, not very useful, but at least something that functions. OK, something that tries to function for at least 5 seconds before falling apart. Come along to the Race Registration session to find out how it all works.

Hedgehog Party
alt.fan.pratchett (AFP) is one of the oldest bastions of online Discworld fandom where fans can talk about almost anything. Some days, they even talk about the books. AFP invites you to join then at their biannual party.

Leonard Da Quirm Aerial Challenge
Pit your paper folding skills against those of your fellow conventioneers to create a paper plane that can sour into the air and fly like the wind. OK - we'll accept anything that doesn't nosedive into the ground and fly like a brick budgie.

Maskerade
Saturday evening's grand attraction, and the Discworld fan's ultimate fashion show
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:52 pm

*folds arms and looks smug*

Told you it wasn't me! :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Willem » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:36 am

Crimelord Jan, masterminding illegal operations from inside a prison cell!
Willem

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:05 am

Mwahah....... :roll: ooops :lol:

not ! ! ! Honestly I'm a real wet hen just now - just as well this is "just a game"! :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:35 pm

So which of you three dangerous types remaining would want to kill Dotsie? The only person she voted for last round was me and I know I didn't kill her,

hmm I'll have to consider this further
"when the gods made sheep they must've left their brains in their other coat"
Doughnut Jimmy

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:06 pm

There are only 4 of us left:
Crys
Me
Willem
DJ

Obviously it wasn't me and it wasn't Willem cos he's Dutch, this leaves Crys and DJ. Now Crys is Italian which means she could be a mafia hitwoman. Knowing Pooh he could very well have upset the mafia or someone with ties to the mafia. So I think it's Crys
I vote for Crys
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Willem » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:24 pm

Nah, sure it isn't me or Sjoerd, but it's got to be DJ. Think about it, you know I'm right. I don't have to explain it, that's how obvious it is. Right? These aren't the droids you're looking for, by the way.
Willem

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:52 pm

You already ended a day and a night phase without me noticing, I'm sorry saturday I had a lot of work because I was alone in the shop, and today I'm alone again, but since it's not saturday I can find a minute to write something.
As usual I'm a little lost in here, so I'll think about it some more
CrysaniaMajere

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:02 pm

Everyone has posted.
Everyone has 3 votes.
poohcarrot

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:50 am

Willem wrote:Nah, sure it isn't me or Sjoerd, but it's got to be DJ. Think about it, you know I'm right. I don't have to explain it, that's how obvious it is. Right? These aren't the droids you're looking for, by the way.

You could be right :wink: and Crys has been absent so maybe it wasn´t her. The more I think about the more I think you´re right!
I vote for DJ
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:53 pm

The end is nigh!
Heed my words and forget them not;

"There is no victory that cannot be turned into a defeat.
And there is no defeat that cannot be turned into a victory."

Skull ring, remember? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:51 pm

Skullmuggery more like! - take your pick from whether we're the mugs or pooh's the mugger :roll: :lol:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:47 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Skullmuggery more like! - take your pick from whether we're the mugs or pooh's the mugger :roll: :lol:

Arrgh a vampire Poohcarrot killing from beyond the grave! :shock:

The way the two dutch men are ganging up on me is very suspicious, Willem had no reason to vote for me this round except to get rid of an innocent (Sjoerd I assume is just following his lead in a gesture of solidarity), so Crys and Sjoerd join me in voting of Willem and the innocent can survive.

I vote for Willem
"when the gods made sheep they must've left their brains in their other coat"
Doughnut Jimmy

Postby Willem » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:56 pm

Well, actually I was just asserting myself by not following Sjoerd this time :)

Still, now I've got an actual reason to reinforce my vote for DJ.

Out of curiosity, how many feuds and/of flamewars have started on this forum through these games? :)
Willem

PreviousNext

Return to Games