Oh Gods! Another whowazzit mystery...

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:25 am

Rules and gameplay elaborated in the support thread - make of the most of this folks. Because of the 2 powerful roles in this you all need to be a lot more upfront and also to use your power effectively, even if it means revealing yourself because that means your enemy may expose themselves even if they can hide under the shield of death...
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:52 pm

Still not sure, but WTF! I VOTE FOR DOTSIE!

That'll teach you to call me a fibber, you...you....fibber you! :twisted:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:09 pm

In the first game I played in I was a killer, & I didn't get voted out.

In the second game I played in, everyone remembered I was the killer first time, & voted me out straight away. I was one of the good guys.

In the third game I played in I was a killer, & I didn't get voted out.

In the fourth game I played in (ie this one), everyone remembered I was a killer last time, and ......

Can anyone else see the pattern emerging here, or is it just me? :P

Albert Einstein wrote:Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results

Mix it up people! Pooh has never been voted off, despite being a gobby so-and-so every game, and he was killer last time, so..

I VOTE FOR POOH :twisted:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:50 pm

...but I'm a gobby so-and-so every game. :lol:

BUT AT LEAST I DON'T FIB!
poohcarrot

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:52 pm

...plus Dotsie is using failed logic here.

If you toss a coin and it comes up heads ten times, the odds of it coming up heads next time ARE NOT 100% as Dotsie seems to think. The odds are 50%! :lol:
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:33 pm

Coin tossing is always 50% - unless you're using a dodgy coin. Coin tossing is not relevant as I used a hat and names on folded-up paper not a coin as the randomiser... :roll:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:58 pm

I think I'm more confused after Jan's explanations - I thought it seemed quite straightforward before :o
"when the gods made sheep they must've left their brains in their other coat"
Doughnut Jimmy

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:02 pm

I don't have a clue actually who the killers might be so I'm sticking with Crys (sorry Crys :wink: )
my last vote is for Crys
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:11 pm

A reminder that there are a little less than 24 hours in which to cast a vote left to everyone.

I think everyone's been in the thread at least once so I won't be granting a very long extension if you haven't voted at least once - you have been warned...! :twisted:

Sorry if the gameplay is causing concern this time - it will start to simplify once we get the night phase over with. If only because at least 1 person will have been eliminated... :P
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:20 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:it will start to simplify once we get the night phase over with. If only because at least 1 person will have been eliminated... :P

Not necessarily!
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:46 am

Well that does depend on how much you're trying to shake things up of course pooh, but at least you might get one person genuinely eliminated from the equation :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:03 pm

poohfibcarrot wrote:...plus Dotsie is using failed logic here.

If you toss a coin and it comes up heads ten times, the odds of it coming up heads next time ARE NOT 100% as Dotsie seems to think. The odds are 50%! :lol:

I never use failed logic. I was simply pointing out that everybody else does. I'm a target because I've been the killer before.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Dotsie » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:20 pm

And because I'm female. Out of four games, the first person to be voted off has been female each time, except for pooh's revenge lynching of Sjoerd. If in doubt, get rid of a woman - just like they do in Big Brother. :roll:

So I'll say it again, I VOTE FOR POOH
Dotsie

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:44 pm

Failed logic again. :roll:

If there were an equal numbers of males and females, then your comment about females being voted off first might hold some water.

There are 6 females and two males playing this game. Statistically, the chances of a female being voted off are 75% (3:4), whereas for males it's 25% (1:4). Let's see....we've had 4 games and once a male was voted off first. I make that a 1:4 probability - Oh it's exactly what it should be. :lol:

I think Dotsie is clutching at straws (again!) because she is Black Aliss! :twisted:
poohcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:48 pm

poohcarrot wrote:There are 6 females and two males playing this game. Statistically, the chances of a female being voted off are 75% (3:4), whereas for males it's 25% (1:4). Let's see....we've had 4 games and once a male was voted off first. I make that a 1:4 probability - Oh it's exactly what it should be. :lol:

So we've always had 6 females and 2 males playing, have we? Once again, your grasp of stats is letting you down pooh :roll:
Dotsie

PreviousNext

Return to Games