Oh Gods! What do I do Now? support thread...

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Lady Vetinari » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:58 pm

Yeah Pooh ... challenge yourself ... Take another step on the ladder!
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:51 am

Ah! I'm being given advice by a murderer! :shock:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Lady Vetinari » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:01 pm

Innocent till proven guilty ... and I am innocent!
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:49 pm

...until proven guilty. :lol:
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:31 pm

Right a hopefully helpful examination of the eliminations so far, to give you food for thought as you now have just over 24 hours to make up your minds and in light of DJ's comment you may need some help still -

Doughnut Jimmy wrote:True Jan but that will be someone we know something about thankfully...

You may know something about the eliminees yes, but don't forget we have 2 people who may be still in play or, then again may not.

All you know for certain so far is that Cadfael/Pooh has been killed by Aliss and stolen from by Anoia. Currently we also know that Pooh is gawping - however he might be Bibulous himself and just pretending to be gawping and then at the last gasp put in a vote... :P Now the Bibulous scenario for Pooh would be extremely far-fetched and frankly I don't think he'd be able to shut up about that this long... :lol: So, as I have to tell you that Bibulous has used his/her power, I'd be a v. poor narrator not to have mentioned that so far (and yes Bibulous has still not surfaced from whichever low-dive they're in - I suspect nymphs may have been involved at some stage), so that's something else you can rule out - unless Bibulous (whoever that might be) suddenly decides it's time to up the ante and send Pooh back for certain (in which case he'll stand a decent chance of becoming the next prophet of Om I should think :twisted: )

Crys you can't be certain of as she just happened to have totted up the lynch votes in the last day phase, but you can be sure she's not Anoia or Lily, because I would have told you about that (as they can't come back). So - maybe Crys is Aliss, in which case she's definitely killed Pooh and is still in the game, because she can't be lynched or killed... But then she might be Bibulous and wanted a little rest OR perhaps she was just an ordinary player and hasn't been gawping because of her usual problem with getting online away from work... :roll:

So from that you DO know quite a bit really. I'll give you two pointers on lynching to concentrate your minds and at this stage with Bibulous being awol apparently the vote off permutations are really hard to get past.
1. You have one person, Pooh who isn't Black Alliss, Anoia or Lily. There's a v. slight chance that he may be Bibulous, but that also means he's on the innocents side and whatever he's been in, he's always fought tooth and nail for the side he's on. :wink:
2. Crys is a dark horse in that it's possible for her to come back as well, but you can at least rule her out for Anoia and Lily. She may also come back by virtue of Bibulous in some capacity, but may be Aliss.

For now they're both out of the game (if Gawping) - if either of them comes back then you'll have to make the Aliss judgment at that stage, in Crys' case, but in general voting off a 'resurrectee' is a total waste of time.

This will go for whoever's voted off in this stage as well of course and since Bibulous is biding his/her time, you'll have to apply those tests to others as well, the longer this goes on. Remember that the night kills are always down to Aliss and it will get easier - if Aliss is targeted by Anoia that will also help everyone a lot if she shares that info a.s.a.p :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:04 am

What did Annoia nick from me? :? If I were Biblious, then I couldn't bring myself back, coz Annoia would have stolen my power. :?

With Dotsie's vote as well, poor Sjoerd, who is most likely innocent, is going to get voted off, and Dotsie, who is most likely guilty is going to kill another innocent.
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:12 am

You had a nice big rare book written by Didactylos stolen from you darling - don't worry nobody'll seriously think you're Bibulous! :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Willem » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:32 am

I've been watching this game, trying to make sense of it. Not familiar with these things, so there are some questions so I'm better prepared if and when you start a new one :)

First off, the lynching votes. First round, votes are really just random guesses right? There's nothing available that could help you make a decision - assuming the roles are assigned randomly. Sure, people can send each other messages through the forum("I'm Bibulous, don't vote me off, let's vote off mrs. X. together), but you wouldn't know if the information you're given is correct, right? The person who's Bibulous could prove he's the one by announcing publically he/she will resurrect a dead player in the next round. Should that person be resurrected, he spoke the truth. Still, he then used his one-off power just to prove himself and isn't very useful anymore.
As the game progresses, you've got a bit more info. Logically, Pooh can't be a 'special player' since a book got nicked instead of a special power.

The preferred outcome would be: players left: Black Alyss, ms. Weatherwax, Bibulous. Lily kills Black Alyss by sacrificing herself, Bibulous resurrects Lily, all live happily ever after. However, Bibulous doesn't really know which one of the two dead is Lily, and which is Alyss. Hold on, just re-read the rules, it seems Lily isn't killed if she goes after Black Alyss... My head hurts :)

Main feeling I get from this is that these kinds of game are better suited to be played in 'real life'. Seeing people's facial expressions and body language to determine who's lying and such would give you a little something more to base your votes on.
Still, it's an entertaining read so far!
Willem

Postby Dotsie » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:10 am

poohcarrot wrote:With Dotsie's vote as well, poor Sjoerd, who is most likely innocent, is going to get voted off, and Dotsie, who is most likely guilty is going to kill another innocent.

I'm not listening to a word you say :P You can't influence my vote, however much you might want to 8)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:39 am

Hi Willem.

Lily can't kill Black Alice, Black Alice is indestructible. :D
poohcarrot

Postby Willem » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:20 pm

Ah, my mistake - I read the following:
is that you will die in the act of killing your next victim - so think long and hard about who you want to kill as you're going down with 'em! Unless, that is, the victim's Black Aliss

to mean that you can kill someone, but you'll also die yourself. However, if you'd choose Black Aliss, you would kill her but survive yourself.

But instead, it means:
you can kill anyone, but you'll also die. If you try and kill Black Aliss, she'll survive and only you will die.

I figured the only way to kill B.A. was to pity the foool, hold on, to have Lily kill her - but now I've learned that you'd only be able to discover her identity this way. Lily strikes during the day. If the victim dies, she's not B.A. If the victim does not die, she is.

So the only way to defeat B.A. would be by lynching her/voting her off?

I'll hold any other questions till after the game's over :)
Willem

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:49 pm

As everyone said - Black Aliss is unkillable but not undetectable.... :twisted:

Bibulous can spot BA if someone 'comes back' that they haven't chosen claiming to have been so chosen, or that they're Bibulous him/herself. Not so unlikely as trust in this game is very, very hard to come by :wink:
BA's only other option if she gets voted off is to stay out of the game (possibly gawp a bit to keep suspicion down if they're posting in other forums) and forego his/her lynch vote, publicly at least (but I don't think I'll let him/her do that) but s/he's still at liberty to make his/her night kill choices.

Anoia can discover BA by being told she failed to steal anything - only BA is 'immune' from Anoia's night activities.

The gods need to share their discoveries with everyone and witches need to cover each others backs if they find each other. Lily may seem a doomed player but tactically she's extremely useful, as she's a balancing factor for both sides in effect. This is why she and BA can't know each other as Lily's murder/suicide choice is 'costless' to Aliss in effect as it doesn't favour either faction or affect her own ability to stay in the game, although of course she will be outnumbered.

Everyone else needs to remember who gets night killed as those players are undeniably Aliss' victims - the longer the game goes on the harder it'll be for Aliss to escape notice. This is also why Bibulous only has the one-shot with the back from the dead card... Once everyone's sure that someone's BA it's stalemate and Aliss has to run away to forn parts... :twisted:

Willem - if you want to join Pooh and be a 'Gawper' you're welcome tyo do so. I think there will be another game starting in a few weeks so keep your eye on this forum and sign up to play 'properly' when the thread's put up :D
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:39 pm

poohcarrot wrote: poor Sjoerd, who is most likely innocent, is going to get voted off,

I told you! :roll: It's Dotsie who's the killer. :twisted:
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:14 am

Well he has as much chance as anyone of getting a second bite of the cherry in this game - if Bibulous ever gets out of that bl**dy boozer! :lol:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:44 am

Told you I was innocent :roll: Why does no one believe me when I say I´m innocent :( (this is the right thread now is it? :wink: )
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

PreviousNext

Return to Games