Oh Gods! What do I do Now? support thread...

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:26 pm

OK - well we're 7 again, but we'll leave it open until Pooh hears back from Morty and and Alby - another 24 hours at least perhaps? :P
Depending on that I may add another 'cop' or villain if we've got more people).

In the meantime here are the 'secret' roles for your edification...


Blind Io eyed Bibulous and Anoia irritably as he continued to try and comfort Om. They really were the giddy limits sometimes and a bad influence on the love gods besides. Lately Bibulous kept hogging the wine, whilst Anoia went around hiding all the corkscrews under cushions and things that got sat on. The whinging had been deafening when Chondrodite the Troll God of Love got a very nasty scratch on some recently applied and highly artistic runes... Having been on the butt end of one these 'hilarious' inopportune shennanigans himself, Io finally lost patience...
"Oi! That's enough you two! Get yourselves incarnate and down to Lancre toot sweet and start moving in mysterious ways. 'We' don't want any more of poor Om's monks getting mashed and 'We're' all fed up with you two playing silly buggars all over, just 'cos you don't need to have any followers! Time you both did something useful around here for a change...!!!


Additional Clues and Characters (if any are deceased or otherwise disincarnate assume this all happened prior to that!)

Bibulous ~ As the God of Wine and Things on Sticks, you are in fact ideally suited for an investigative role in low places as you never get hungover (although you can become unpleasantly sober when your shadow god Bilious takes a hangover cure).
Knowing you're hardly likely to make a responsible investigator however, Blind Io has temporarily invested you with the power to raise the dead - but once, and only once, during the entire game. Be very careful how and where you use this power however, as you may use it for victims of a lynch as well as night kills (in practice, you nominate your revived corpse at the start of the next convenient night phase). The power may be used on yourself as well, but of course this may blow your cover...

Anoia ~ Your divine powers will come in very useful amongst the mortals of Lancre, driving them into such fury with their kitchen drawers jamming, stuffing vital items down the back of sofas and generally instilling such a state of hopeless anger in them, that they'll give themselves away if they are guilty.
Taking advantage of your natural skills, every night phase you may steal something from your latest suspect . If that person has a secret power, this will be what you take, but there is some danger that you could steal your fellow god's special power, so be very sure who you choose. Your nights haul will only be revealed to you - it is therefore up you as to whether to reveal it to the other players, if the theft is significant.

Black Aliss ~ the baddest badass witch there ever was, you are a mistress of story-running, have black teeth and fingernails due to being too partial to sweeties and have not taken kindly to the Archdeacon of Omnia's sending all these foolish monks onto your patch, with their scandalous parables of doing good and always telling the Om's honest truth...
As befits a top evil witch, you are really powerful and almost invulnerable. In fact you will be able to weave your spells without detection and cannot be killed. You do not need an accomplice (indeed all the other witches are so scared of you, you have to work alone). Accordingly, only you can nominate a night phase victim...

... this is because the other killer is 'freelance' and completely random. She is...

Lily Weatherwax ~ a promising and powerful young witch, but sadly obsessed with becoming a temptress and jezebel. You were responsible for killing a second young monk, after he broke your best mirror, claiming it was a sin of pride to look in it... You are uncertain who the other killer is, but you're in full agreement that these upstart monks should be sent packing - in a box if necessary!
Because you come from a respected family and your reputation is still relatively unsullied, you will appear innocent if investigated. As a random, inexperienced killer, you are inclined to the dramatic and plan to kill your next victim in a day phase! However, your fate, decreed by Om and ratified by Blind Io is that you will die in the act of killing your next victim - so think long and hard about who you want to kill as you're going down with 'em! Unless, that is, the victim's Black Aliss - or Bibulous has taken a shine to one of you...

OK - some more variety here with the secret roles! This time because the lead killer is a Godfather/mother the killers will not be working together and so do not know each other...

Also Bibulous and Lily can only use their powers the one time and so if they do come back into the game (Bibulous permitting) they will be on equal terms with the other non-secret players...

Finally, although Bibulous and Anoia are immortal, they have been obliged to incarnate and therefore can both die, if only temporarily...


For students of the game, the adapted roles are based on the Revivier/Protector (Bibulous); Thief/Investigator (Anoia); Godfather (Aliss of course); and the Terrorist (Lily)
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Jan Van Quirm
Member
 
Posts: 10635
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:07 pm
Location: Dunheved, Kernow

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:39 pm

Not sure how much I'll be around, but you can add my name anyway, it could be the first time we are more than seven... :roll:
User avatar
CrysaniaMajere
Member
 
Posts: 1863
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: italy-genova

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:52 pm

Thanks Crys - I think you're No 8! :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Jan Van Quirm
Member
 
Posts: 10635
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:07 pm
Location: Dunheved, Kernow

Postby Morty » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:03 pm

poohcarrot wrote:This was Albert Spangler's idea. I'll send him a pm.
I'll send Morty one too. He was funny once he got started. :D


I’ve never considered myself to be a funny person but will take any compliments that are going at the moment :lol: . I had no idea what was going on, what the rules were, how to play or what I did or didn’t do in the last game :oops: .

There are a couple of reasons why I’m not going to be able to play this time. The next 40 days are going to be a rather busy time for me and for that reason I don’t think I’ll be in a position to be able to give the game my full attention.

I’m also not too sure that a game with the word ''Gods'' in it is going to be my bag man so if no one minds I’ll sit this one out. I’ll keep an eye on it and try to work out what the rules are and how it’s meant to be played so that I’ll be more of player in any future games.

Have fun and may your gods look lightly upon you :wink:
User avatar
Morty
Member
 
Posts: 1351
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:37 pm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:21 pm

No worries Morty - you were doing fine last time but appreciate you've got other stuff on your plate and your mind :wink:

It's just as fun 'watching' or gawping anyway - why'd you think I keep setting it up and then sitting back & letting the others run riot! :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Jan Van Quirm
Member
 
Posts: 10635
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:07 pm
Location: Dunheved, Kernow

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:48 pm

Awww, we'll miss you Morty :(
"when the gods made sheep they must've left their brains in their other coat"
User avatar
Doughnut Jimmy
Member
 
Posts: 1472
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:51 pm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:39 pm

OK guys - I just checked with Albert Spanglers profile and he hasn't posted since the 10th, so as the 24 hours are up around tea-time today I'll put up the game thread later tonight. If he does come back then he can either gawp or take up a no-show role after the first round or whenever.

With the different roles and no pairing for this game, you 8 players should have a nice frustrating time! :P

Will be sending out the secret role PMs straight after game thread's up :twisted: *goes off to do the namesinhat thingie*
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Jan Van Quirm
Member
 
Posts: 10635
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:07 pm
Location: Dunheved, Kernow

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:12 pm

OK - so Pooh's questions - my answers in blue - EDIT: GREEN I MEAN! :roll: :oops:

pooh wrote:a. Does Anoia steal things for ever or just one round?
Yes. S/he can carry on stealing every night phase until s/he gets eliminated.

b. If Anoia targets Black Aliss or Lily, does she steal their killing power?
Lily, yes. Aliss, no - s/he's like Azabananana in the last game in addition to being invulnerable to lynching and killing by accident :roll:

c. Is the only way for the innocents to win by voting off Black Aliss?
Aliss will stay in the game, but may be 'outed' by either of the gods or other process of elimination. S/he can carry on killing however.... You can mitigate that by keeping on trying to lynch him/her so s/he will eventually be forced to concede (I will have him/her flee the Ramtops and declare victory for the town if there are no other options to keep Aliss' cover 'intact'). If Aliss is IDed convincingly, the game might still be lost if Lily's still in. If not, and everyone's gunning for him/her, then it'll be a stalemate at best as Aliss will be outnumbered and have to flee. Aliss of course doesn't know who Lily is, so s/he can shoot him/herself in the foot as well, even if Lily tries to hide (by not killing) to protect his/her idol

d. If a character is voted off or killed, do we find out who that character was?
Good question - I've given it some thought and I cannot identify Bibulous or Aliss as they have options to stay in the game (unless Bibulous has already used up his/her 'get out of death card'). Anoia and Lily are fair game as usual and will be IDed on lynching or being killed.

e. Why would Lily kill anyone because she would also die?
Why indeed? Because s/he's a psychotic cow or because s/he feels like it? :twisted: It's because the principal killer and resurrecting god both have such strong powers, so the 'investigative' and 'terrorist' roles are handicapped as a consequence and also why none of them know who their 'partner' is. Lily doesn't have to kill anyone, but the longer s/he doesn't, the more likely s/he is to get caught...

f. What happens if Anoia targets Black Aliss and vica versa?
Black Aliss alway wins - even with Bibulous although s/he has a comeback. Anoia can't steal from Aliss - but as s/he can steal from everyone else, that is a reveal in itself. All Anoia can do is voice his/her suspicions and so s/he exposes his/herself to everyone by doing that, especially if s/he has to break cover of course.

g. If Lily targets Black Aliss and vica versa, what happens?
If Lily targets Aliss then they both appear to die, but Lily stays dead (unless Bibulous has a fit and brings him/her back). Aliss will be unaffected and will be able to kill as usual and come back in the next day phase. S/he will be under suspicion from then on of course, unless s/he's able to claim to be a resurrectee of course, or even Bibulous him/herself. If Bibulous is still in the game, this will be a gamble naturally and may be turned to either player's advantage depending on previous resurrection status (i.e if there hasn't been a miracle revival yet, as only one person can come back courtesy of Mr. B)

h. Can Biblious bring Lily back to life?
Yes - if they're completely mad or drunk or whatever... :twisted:


Everyone OK with that? :lol:
Aliss seems to have most of the cards which is why she's now a singleton killer. She is vulnerable however and both gods have a way of knowing for sure who she is (if she survives without revival, or can't be stolen from). If the gods do choose to reveal themself then don't be too agnostic :P Aliss might still try and pass herself off as one or the other, but they're your only divine guidance if the supreme witchypoo is to be thwarted and driven off... :twisted:

Bibulous' gift has to be used 'wisely' which is his limitation as once he's used it he too can die 'for real' and I will name him if he's eliminated at that stage, as he can't come back in of course - and you need to know you're all 'deicides'... :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Jan Van Quirm
Member
 
Posts: 10635
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:07 pm
Location: Dunheved, Kernow

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:27 am

Still a bit confused. :?

a. If Anoia tries to steal Black Aliss' power, do you tell Anoia that it was Black Aliss she tried to steal from? If you don't, then how does Anoia know it wasn't just an ordinary innocent?

b. How can Biblious know who Black Aliss is?

c. If Anoia steals Lily's power in the first round, then for the rest of the game, Lily can't kill anyone. Is that right?

d. Can Anoia use the power she steals?

I don't see how any of the Gods can know for sure who Black Aliss is, but you say they can both find out. How? :?
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:12 am

OK

a. Anoia can steal from everyone except Black Aliss (like Azabananana remember?) I have to tell her what she's stolen. If she can't steal from someone then who is that person?

b. What can Black Alice do all the time that Bibulous can also do, but only once? Have someone/themself come back into the game, yes? It is slightly chancy but if someone comes back into the game and Bibulous hasn't actually chosen them to return who will that person be? :D
This is why Bibulous can only use his/her power the once with the slight risk that s/he may choose BA by mistake, The rest of you therefore will need to be v. careful of people claiming to be Bibulous, whether they're lynched or killed....

c. Anoia steals from everyone else including Lily and Bibulous. Edit (20:23 GMT): sorry did this in a hurry - If Lily's power is stolen then s/he becomes an ordinary player and can't kill anyone except by lynching leverage (like everyone else)

d. Anoia can take but not use what she steals, so if she hits Bibulous or Lily they become ordinary players and it'll be that more difficult to pin Aliss...

Because Aliss and Bibulous have a lot of clout they have to be balanced and so that's a small dose of immortality conferred by Bibulous to counteract Aliss' comeback talent but also because she can also front it out by claiming to be resurrected - if someone else has already come back (i.e. Bibulous his/herself or their chosen Lazarus) which everyone will know Bibulous may have been busy... Because of the importance of ID in this game and that people will have to break cover especially if they catch Aliss out I won't be pointing out Bibulous or Black Aliss if they get eliminated.

The only person who most likely won't break cover is Aliss herself -else everyone'll know she's still alive when she shouldn't be unless... In this game it's not a good idea to keep your head down! :P :lol:

Lily and Anoia are more limiited in their powers to even the score.

It will be tempting for people to claim they are Bibulous in this game to get someone eliminated - try not to do this please as you may be drawing the teeth of someone who could actually tell you for sure. :wink:

Because technically BA can keep coming back, I will stop the game when a stalemate is reached - i.e. when her ID is in tatters, provided Aliss is still outnumbered. Lily will help the killers to win by sacrificing herself. Anoia will help the innocents to win by grassing BA up. This game is therefore more 'honest' potentially than the others. :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Jan Van Quirm
Member
 
Posts: 10635
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:07 pm
Location: Dunheved, Kernow

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:56 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote:The rest of you therefore will need to be v. careful of people claiming to be Bibulous, whether they're lynched or killed....

Actually I've misled you there - you can trust a Bibulous-boaster/choice if they're a night kill as Lily does her one and only kill in the daytime and she goes with them so you know where you are with her...

OK - so you can be sure night kills aren't Aliss 'cos she can't kill herself naturally - lynch victims need watching however...
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Jan Van Quirm
Member
 
Posts: 10635
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:07 pm
Location: Dunheved, Kernow

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:11 pm

I'm dead! :(
It only needed one more person to vote for Dotsie and she'd have gone (and come back).
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:33 pm

Sjoerd
re your last post in the other thread I'd voted for her as well
"when the gods made sheep they must've left their brains in their other coat"
User avatar
Doughnut Jimmy
Member
 
Posts: 1472
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:51 pm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:25 pm

Sjoerd - you have now been told twice as to why Crys had 2 votes :wink:

Pooh - better hope that Bibulous doesn't want to use the reanimate card yet and has taken a shine to you then! :twisted:

Doughnut Jimmy wrote:
Poohcarrot wrote:Vote her off and (as I said above) Biblious can bring her back to life again if she's innocent. If she comes back anyway, she's either Black Aliss or Bibulous. If next round we vote her off again, if she's Black Aliss, we've won.


To check if I understand you Pooh - we vote off Dotsie, she comes back, we vote her off again, if she comes back again she's Black Aliss
- if she doesn't come back again we've wasted two rounds getting killed off and we've elimiated someone who was either innocent or if she's Bibulous we've killed the only one who can bring any one back?


OK - more gameplay that both Aliss and Bibulous might employ. Aliss will be back whatever Bibulous does. However s/he may not be too obvious that she's still around, unless Bibulous did actively choose her as the resurrectee...

So for round 1 the resurrectee could be Crys. Or Bibulous may play the resurrect card later in the game - maybe choose to wait to reanimate Pooh when Aliss knocks him out :twisted: So you don't necessarily need to keep voting (hypothetically and with no inference at all) pooh off for instance after he gets killed tonight (maybe) if he goes all quiet because Aliss will keep putting her choices in whatever and, if he's Bibulous he may choose not to vote in the lynching's for instance... so Aliss thinks Bibulous hasn't made his move next and may expose themselves (unless Aliss was Crys of course) :lol:

And now I think I've managed to confuse those 2 secret roles as well as the rest of you, so I'll duck out for tonight and get in to answer your questions tomorrow. :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Jan Van Quirm
Member
 
Posts: 10635
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:07 pm
Location: Dunheved, Kernow

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:59 pm

Sjoerd my dear friend - from your next post in the main thread during this night phase (should you be so careless as to make yet another one :twisted: ) I will be docking you one lynch vote for every subsequent mispost whilst this night phase lasts OK? 8)
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Jan Van Quirm
Member
 
Posts: 10635
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:07 pm
Location: Dunheved, Kernow

PreviousNext

Return to Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests