TWONKEY! A dramatic whodunnit in up to 3 acts

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:25 pm

CrysaniaMajere wrote:
p.s. why all these avatar changes??I don't know who anyone is anymore...

Don't tell anyone but it is to make people think I'm Dorfl :wink:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:28 pm

Hey Sjoerd. Are you the Terminator? :?
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:29 pm

Sjoerd3000 wrote:Don't tell anyone but it is to make people think I'm Dorfl :wink:

isn't that picture taken from the first terminator, the one when he was the killer?? :roll:
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:30 pm

yup 8) T-800 model 101 codenamed "Dorfl" 8) and it's from Terminator 2 were Arnie was the good terminator :wink:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:34 pm

Sjoerd wrote:What do you think of my new avatar Jimmy?

It's 8)

pooh wrote:That'd scare DJ! A night with my explanation of Small Gods, a paint brush, a palette of day-glo paints, and some crappy card tricks.
I'm quaking in terror!

Especially since I thought Sjoerd had proved you could be wrong and Wanda :cry:
"when the gods made sheep they must've left their brains in their other coat"
Doughnut Jimmy

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:41 pm

But throughout the history of these games, Sjoerd is always, without exception, completely and utterly wrong about every accusation he has ever made.

If Bikkit was holding a knife, there was a dead body on the ground bleeding profusely from a knife wound, and Bikkit was saying, "It was me wot done it. I admit it." Sjoerd would automatically think it was Morty wot done it. Bless! :lol:
poohcarrot

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:45 pm

well yes of course that would be just to obvious :roll:
:lol:
Sjoerd3000

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:51 pm

There you go Crys - I'm back to normal more or less :roll: :lol:

Always liked that model Terminator Sjoerd :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:50 pm

Hurray Jan's back! I didn't recognise you :wink:

Just to make things absolutely clear then, My last vote is for bikkit
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby bikkit » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:39 pm

I vot for bikkit

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:24 pm

bikkit wrote:I vot for bikkit

Awww! :o

:o 8) Kewl exit move Bikkit! You can have some fun gawping now :wink:

OK guys I'll be closing down this day phase and opening the night (killling) phase in about an hour and a half from now.

Will the special roles players please start to ponder your night activities soon - the sooner we get those sorted, the sooner we can get to the next day phase for more informed chivvying and invigorating name-calling :twisted:
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:50 pm

ANKH-MORPORK TIMES

DIRE DOINGS AT THE DYSK!!!

Trainee stage manager hounded to her death in tragic circumstances!!

More angry scenes at the Dysk today, hot on the heels of the demise of popular burlesque actor, Cuthbert Bumble, 65, who was found choked to death shortly before the matinee for the hit new show TWONKEY!
Young Bikkit, a promising would-be actress learning her stagecraft as assistant stage manager at the Dysk, took her own life by jumping to her death from a 30 foot high gantry onto centre stage. The Watch are now investigating the matter and have taken statements from several of the stage crew who witnessed the attractive 17 year old climbing up the gantry and falling to her death, weeping hysterically after 'raised voices' were heard from the dancers dressing-room. Apparently there was bad blood between the unfortunate young lady and one of the dancers who was 'close' to Mr. Bumble and had been accusing Bikkit of trying to supplant her in the veteran actor's affections.
It appears that more goading and wild accusations had been taking place since Mr. Bumble was found dead and Bikkit allegedly had been shouting that she had had nothing to with his death and that she was in fact completely devastated by the whole incident. The Watch have made no arrests as yet as this is being treated as a case of suicide for the moment.

The evening performance of TWONKEY! will go ahead as planned tonight with Mr. Bumble's understudy, Berenice Stronginthearm, taking his title role in a daring departure from tradition as only males have hitherto taken the 'Dame's' part. Mistress Stronginthearm has reportedly shaved her beard off and is said to be 'very excited' at taking on the role. Tickets are still available for this performance from the Dysk's box office. Those who had tickets for the cancelled matinee performance will be given priority for the remaining seats.

LAWKS!
As you may have gathered Bikkit was completely innocent you rotten lot! :P

Suspicion and anxiety now falls particularly upon
Crysania
Dotsie
Doughnut Jimmy
Morty
poohcarrot
Sjoerd

THE NIGHT PHASE HAS COMMENCED: Please do not post in this thread until the next Day Phase starts. Any queries or comments to the support thread please.

Will the 4 people with special roles please PM their decisions/choices to Jan a.s.a.p
Deadline is Midnight (London) Thurs 21st January.
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:04 am

ANKH-MORPORK TIMES

MURDER MOST FOUL (ANOTHER ONE) AT THE DYSK!!!

Is The ‘Agatean’ Play Accursed? A Second Actor Is Slain!!!

The production of TWONKEY! has received a fatal blow apparently. After the dreadful events following a highly successful and triumphant first night another leading member of the cast has been struck down in the early hours of this morning. The Watch were duly called and made an announcement in time for the Times' early edition, with the very sad news that the flawless character actor, Doughnut Jimmy, who was taking the part of Washee Wishee, had been stabbed to death on the laundry set, whilst the rest of the cast were having drinks in Berenice Stronginthearm’s dressing room to celebrate her first successful portrayal in the play’s title role, after the terrible demise of original star Cuthbert Bumble.

Sgt. Detritus, on the scene, confirmed that the death of Doughnut Jimmy, who was found with several stab wounds, in the large laundry basket prop, is being treated as murder, as is Bumble’s death from choking and strangulation. He also stated that the Watch were satisfied that the fatal fall suffered by promising young would-be actress Bikkit was suicide, but that it was not clear whether this was linked to either of the killings. The Dysk has now closed down production of TWONKEY! for the time being whilst the Watch make more enquiries. All the stage crew and cast have been asked not to leave Ankh Morpork until further notice whilst the investigation continues. It is believed that warrants to search the theatre thoroughly as well as some lodgings close to the Dysk are being issued as we go to press.

The Times will continue to bring you updates of this disturbing matter as information becomes available.

FLIPPIN' 'ECK!
As you may have gathered Doughnut Jimmy was also completely without blame you rotten Azabananana you!

Suspicion and anxiety now falls particularly upon
Crysania
Dotsie
Morty
poohcarrot
Sjoerd

DAY PHASE #2 HAS NOW COMMENCED: Subject to voting status, the earliest deadline is Midnight (London) Monday 25th January.
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:26 am

DJ? DJ!! :shock:
What did the killer get rid of DJ for? I liked DJ. He was a good banterer. :(

However, that has proved beyond a shadow of doubt who one of the baddies is. :twisted:

Answer these questions.

1. Who voted for DJ twice?
2. Who did DJ threaten to get in the second round?
3. Who is so gobby on this forum that they make me seem like a Trappist monk?
4. Who starts more threads on this forum than a speed-snorting spider?
5. Yet in this game who has made the fewest posts?
6. Who is new to this game and maybe has been told by their accomplice to shut up and lie low?
7. Who was Jan waiting for a decision from?

The answer to all these questions is MORTY!!

He's obviously as guilty as a choirboy-buggering Bishop!

I VOTE FOR MORTY
I VOTE FOR MORTY

(I'll save one vote in case anybody has a better idea. But if someone else votes 3 times for Morty I will also cast my final vote for him.)
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:41 am

@ Everyone still standing - Take a look in the support thread:wink:
Jan Van Quirm

PreviousNext

Return to Games