WEREWOLF! The Uberwald whodunnit game

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:37 pm

Gobsang wrote:Oh my God! That means I'm a werewolf! I want to change my vote to me!
Better still, at night I'll rip my own throat out coz I won't be expecting it

Don't worry hun - I won't remind you :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby thelibrarian » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:39 pm

Sorry I couldn't get on yesterday, Mondays are a really bad day for me.

This game is so hard with so few people talking, the only two people I have a read on are Jan and Pooh and I srsly doubt they are on the same team so it means at least one of the wolves is being quiet.

Crysania posted in the other thread but not here, so I'm wondering if she is quiet because she doesn't want to say the wrong thing/slip up.

Kladivo is a no show, but I don't 100% agree with voting him off because it could be disastrous to lose a civvie. It's 4-2 now, if he is civvie and the wolves kill someone 2nite then it will be 2-2 and we have lost.

Lady V is also very quiet, but I remember she posted a lot more in the last game as a gawper, so I kinda feel the same about her as I do Crysania.

Pooh wrote:Why do I have this feeling that you're leading me on all the time and getting me to do things you want? :?

That's kinda how I feel about both you and Jan, but with so few people talking....

Hmmm, I don't like the vague threat of if I don't vote Klad and he is a wolf then therefore I must be. I just get a feeling that he is a civvie because the night ended early so it's obvious that he didn't check in with a PM of any kind. (If I were a wolfish partner with him I would be voting him straight away so I don't stand out :shock: )

I'm going to vote for Lady V because she seems so much quieter this game.
thelibrarian

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:01 pm

thelibrarian wrote:Kladivo is a no show, but I don't 100% agree with voting him off because it could be disastrous to lose a civvie. It's 4-2 now, if he is civvie and the wolves kill someone 2nite then it will be 2-2 and we have lost.

You're forgetting that there were 8 of us at the start and only one person (Sjoerd) has been eliminated in the 1st phases as the werewolves failed in their mission. The logic for that is basically unassailable as the 2 killers (rather than their players if one of those is Kladivo) are still in the game but nobody was killed. That means that we'll only go down to 5 people left standing and 3-2 still in favour of the citizens this night - and we do know that Kladivo can't be the Igor...

The only people who know for certain who last night's target was are Igor and the werewolf(ves) so 2 or 3 people have that knowledge as I write this - depending on Kladivo's alignment. Now I won't suggest that Igor reveal his/her ID at this point 'cos we do need him in still and so that's part of the compelling reasons for getting rid of the one person we do know can't be Igor. The other reason is of course that the secret Igor may still strike lucky and save someone else OR take in who's looking at last night's target as someone not to vote off AND/OR an easy kill tonight as Igor can't choose them - who could very well have been a protected Kladivo all along... Unless Kladivo turns up v. soon and with a v. good excuse indeed, sacrificing him is risk free as we're 100% certain that we're NOT ditching Igor...

Kladivo's innocence or guilt doesn't really come into it for the citizens as he's no real loss to anyone that played the last 2 phases aside from his hunting partner if he is a wolf. We'll find that out with the lynching and then - well if he was a wolf we'll then have a fair inkling who's looking out for him. Like you said it's a hell of a risk for the other wolf to choose to vote for anyone other than Kladivo now, as he's too much of a liability to keep in and we will find out who he really was - but he definitely won't have been Igor... :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby thelibrarian » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:25 pm

Oops, who did I forget *looks back* bikkit, damn. She's as quiet as some of the others thou, which makes it impossible to get a read on her.

K, so voting Kladivo doesn't mean we can lose so easily, in that case vote Kladivo
thelibrarian

Postby Dotsie » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:09 pm

As bikkit hasn't been around this day phase, and Crysania has already said she won't be in until wednesday, and I'd like everyone to have a go at voting...

...the next night phase will begin at 8 pm GMT on wednesday.

I know there's already a majority vote, but as not everyone has used all their votes yet, I'm extending the day phase.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby thelibrarian » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:51 pm

I hope some people do start posting more.

*eyes the quiet ones*
thelibrarian

Postby Lady Vetinari » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:53 pm

Have I used up all my votes yet?
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby thelibrarian » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:16 pm

Lady Vetinari wrote:Have I used up all my votes yet?

I think you have 2 left. So, who do you suspect, and why?
thelibrarian

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:22 pm

This is how I see it:

The werewolves made a massive mistake first round. I twice said I didn't want Igor protection so I was an easy kill. But they tried to be too clever and went for someone protected by Igor. :lol:

So now there are two killers AND two innocents working together. :shock:

I wasn't protected by Igor because I'd know if I had been, and I don't, so I wasn't. :?

Therefore, the killers can't afford to NOT to kill next time, because it would mean three innocents against them and they would have zero chance of winning.

Therefore, I'd like Igor protection tonight please. :(

Aha! But what if I'm Igor? :shock:

Well, I can't be Igor because of the following; :lol:

There is only one person who the killers can be 100% sure of killing. It's the same person they failed to kill last time, because it is the only person who can't be protected by Igor. And by killing this person, it would effectively end the partnership lined up against them.

If the killers go for anybody else, they will lose.
8)
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:03 am

There is one factor in this game that everybody seems to be overlooking (myself included). The role of the Vampire, Lady Whatever-her-name-is-but-it-begins-with-an-M.

In our first game this character got voted off first time around, so had no impact in the game.

By rights there should be someone running around screaming themselves silly about who one of the killers is, or working with someone to target a specific person. I simply don't see that anywhere. :?

I can only assume one of two things;

a. Kladivo is Lady M - which would explain Dotsie's comments about "not waiting any longer". If that's the case we could be all in big doo-doos.

b. The person the werewolf attacked AND Igor protected is in fact ALSO Lady M.
Because Igor protected this person, he/she couldn't use his/her powers to invite someone to her castle.
poohcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:03 am

Three points:
1. The person who is protected by Igor doesn't know they are protected. It could therefore have been anybody.
2. Lady Margolotta does find out if her guest is a killer, but isn't allowed to tell anybody
3. Your assumptions are therefore cobblers :P
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:12 am

Oh! :(
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:23 am

Ow-ow-ow! This just gets better and better for the citizens with all these permutations :shock: :lol:

I suppose it is possible that Lady Margolotta might be Kladivo but our Igor (who we know we do have in play for sure) still can't be him because the wolves haven't killed since Tantony. At this stage my reasoning also stands that the still absent player (and for the 2nd time too) is neither here nor there in anyone's gameplan now, (even if he's the accomplice of the 'active' wolf) and we've almost reached the magic number where his fate is sealed. I very much agree that we need Crys, Lady V and Bikkit to get the hell in here some time today to secure that, but if they don't then we already have a majority decision with those of us who are still here debating.

The other factor with Lady M's remit is that her supper guest doesn't know they've been rumbled! She can invite them around to the castle but it's their game ID she's interviewing and not the actual player... (Interview with the Vampire in fact! :twisted: ). For instance I might have been taken in for questioning already and still know nothing about it, but Lady M will know 100% whether or not I'm innocent and apart from pooh (who would have a go at me anyway just for the hell of it *blows a sloppy kiss at him* :P ) no one else is really having a go at me are they? Granted Margolotta could be absent this time which is why we really need this round's 'no shows' to come and vote... :roll:

My best guess now is that either there's a load of double bluffers in here doing all the talking or thelibrarion, pooh and myself are all innocent I reckon - so, even if the killer goes for their last target again, even if Kladivo turns out to be innocent we're still no further on really :evil:

I wish I'd never suggested playing this rotten game now - going back to bed as I feel a migraine cioming one :roll: :evil:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby thelibrarian » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:43 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:My best guess now is that either there's a load of double bluffers in here doing all the talking or thelibrarion, pooh and myself are all innocent I reckon - so, even if the killer goes for their last target again, even if Kladivo turns out to be innocent we're still no further on really :evil:

I wish I'd never suggested playing this rotten game now - going back to bed as I feel a migraine cioming one :roll: :evil:

Awww, migraines are the worst, hope you feel better soon :(

It is impossible to tell anything about the quiet people, and because we are the only 3 talking I go back and forth on the innocence of both you and Pooh :?

I don't think Pooh is either of the civvie's with roles as he has made assumptions about them that are wrong, this makes me worry that he is a wolf rather than a non roled civvie. And you are the most in control of what is what due to your experience with the game, and I always suspect people who seem 'in the know'.

If I survive the night then I think Pooh will be my next target if he is still around also, as the chances of him being a norm civvie have dropped even further :wink:
thelibrarian

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:45 pm

The thing about these killers is they are not acting logically. They should have gone for me first round because I said (twice) that I don't want Igor protection. They didn't. :?

There is an obvious logical person to go for now, and call me Mr Selfish if you want, but I would rather sacrifice an innocent person (who is probably one of the FIVE people who has already voted for me :twisted: ) who I don't know, to get murdered in their bed, than me.

So getting through this round at whatever the cost, means I have a chance of winning. :twisted:

As I said twice in the first round I don't want Igor protection, I would now like to repeat this round's request.

CAN I HAVE IGOR PROTECTION TONIGHT PLEASE? :(
poohcarrot

PreviousNext

Return to Games