Let's hear it for Johny Maxwell

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Let's hear it for Johny Maxwell

Postby Ghost » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:48 pm

=Tamar wrote:
mirandashell wrote:You're right. He does draw the same kind of face all the time.

Lately, anyway. The faces on his earlier covers were much more varied, so I know he can do it.
This seems to have been a choice rather than simple incapacity.

he told me he keeps on doing accidental self portraits in his work maybe this is one of those
Have an assassin put a placebo in her drink, just as a warning
Ghost

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:48 pm

Lol certainly looks that way.
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:52 pm

Canny likeness. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby =Tamar » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:53 am

Tonyblack wrote:Do you mean a certain bag lady and her comments? ;)

And her traveling companion with wheels.
=Tamar

Postby Aquamarine » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:34 pm

Very weird books, but still pretty good. My favourite is Johnny and the Bomb, especially when the ghosts start exploring the world around them, and when Johnny interrupts the sale of the graveyard. The other two are good, but their premises and how they're handled makes them feel so "out there" it's slightly alienating.
"The truth shall make ye fret."
Aquamarine

Postby =Tamar » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:00 pm

Aquamarine wrote:Very weird books, but still pretty good. My favourite is Johnny and the Dead, especially when the ghosts start exploring the world around them, and when Johnny interrupts the sale of the graveyard. The other two are good, but their premises and how they're handled makes them feel so "out there" it's slightly alienating.

Johnny and the Dead is the most ordinary of his three adventures, since it doesn't seem to involve extradimensional travel or time travel for Johnny himself, just for the ghosts. I would have thought it was also the easiest to understand but I read one online review in which the reviewer seemed to get the story 100% backwards.
There's a wide range of tastes. I like a certain degree of weirdness in fiction.
=Tamar

Previous

Return to Children's Books