What is a 'Children's Book' Anyway?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What is a 'Children's Book' Anyway?

Postby Alanz » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:21 am

A question while we are on the subject, The Last Hero, some books are illustrated are they children's editions? Just wondered that's all. :think:
Alanz

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:08 pm

Alanz wrote:A question while we are on the subject, The Last Hero, some books are illustrated are they children's editions? Just wondered that's all. :think:

All versions are illustrated. :) This book was a sort of collaboration between Terry and Paul Kidby. Terry wrote the story and Paul illustrated it. There are actually more illustrations in the paperback version than the hardback. I would call it a mainstream DW book rather than a children's book. To a degree you will have needed to read other DW books to understand the characters, who have been in several other books. Certainly, knowing who Cohen is and why he's not prepared to continue his life of luxury from Interesting Times. And the ending is somewhat ambiguous. At least that seems to be the case considering a lot of members here have posted asking what actually happened.

This is not the first collaboration between artist and author in the series. Eric was originally an illustrated story with Josh Kirby. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Alanz » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:36 pm

Oh right, Thanks for that Tony, i did pick a copy up in W H Smith but saw that it was illustrated and thought it was a Children's version and put it back, I'll get my daughter to get me a copy for Fathers Day.... :D She asked what i wanted.
Alanz

Previous

Return to Children's Books