Name a street of Ankh Morpork

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Name a street of Ankh Morpork

Postby RJH » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:22 pm

To celebrate four months until the publication of The Long Earth Transworld are giving one lucky fan the chance to name a street in Ankh-Morpork. That street will go into The Compleat Ankh-Morpork, a brand-new street directory of the Discworld city complete with beautifully illustrated pull-out map which will be available on the 13th September 2012. Your street name will be forever immortalised in the city for all to see, who knows what will happen there in the future!

To win this fantastic opportunity read the below question – and film yourself (or get a friend to film you) on yours (or their!) smart phone (web cam or other recording device) singing the first verse…
The Question

Upon arriving in Matamata, New Zealand, what is the name of the song that was instinctively sung by Terry and Rob without even the need to pause to confer? (submitted by Sir Terry Pratchett)

Send your video answer and chosen street name (be inventive!) to: discworld@transworld-publishers.co.uk. Please be aware all videos will be sent to Sir Terry and he may do with them as he wishes! Competition closes Monday 27th February. I will be entering and I will also be posting the video on here as well

http://bricksandbooks.co.uk/2012/discwo ... ssue-seve/
RJH

Re: Name a street of Ankh Morpork

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:41 pm

:lol: Good luck to anyone entering the contest.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby raptornx01 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:38 pm

aw i thought it was gonna be one of those "whoever thinks up the cleverererest name wins" type contests :(

but goodlux anyway :)
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby meerkat » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:25 pm

Interesting cos they did that at the Irish Convention too. Needless to say I didn't get chosen! :mrgreen:
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Return to Terry Pratchett