Ask Terry

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Bill

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:58 pm

theboywiththethankyoucard wrote:Tony Black. On the first page you asked about Rincewind's Firstname. It is bill.
Bill Rincewind is the name of the Archchancellor of Buggrup University in XXXX. As far as I know, we've never discovered Rincewind's (the Wizzard at UU) first name. :P
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Bob » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:27 am

Were I to meet Terry I'd ask, beg, implore..."Please, Terry, please don't let the yanks get their hands on the rights to your work. Look what they did to A.A. Milne's work. Even worse, look what they did to Douglas Adams. They corrupt everything they touch. Please Terry, don't let them anywhere near it."
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Bob

Postby theoldlibrarian » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:55 am

What is the sex of the great A'Tuin?
'oh, thats simple....' he'd say '....its, oh I have to go'
It is not enough to succeed, others must fail
-Gore Vidal
theoldlibrarian

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:06 am

theoldlibrarian wrote:What is the sex of the great A'Tuin?

Female :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby freddy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:51 pm

I really enjoyed reading this thed :D :D I can not stop laghing , brillent, hello to all new people who have join. Me to hope Sir Terry dose not let the Americans have the rights to his wonderful work, I am a big fan of A.A. Milne and hat the Disny version of Piglet is entirely surounded by waster, they make out Pooh a real dum dum, I A.A Milne is Pooh who get helps and sves the day. I am also a big fan of Dougal Adams really love Hitch Hiker's To The Galaxy just brillant.

As regads to what I would say to Sir Terry if I every get the chance to meet him would be just "Thankyou for all the books and how they have inspired me to have go at reading dispite being Dyslxic" On the other had I propley would not say anything just sand there staring :oops: and when he gone kiking myselfe for not saying anything :roll:

I must come on here more often you have made my day :D
freddy

Postby Anne » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:27 am

I found Pratchett and the Discworld about some 5-6 years ago. First book I read was Guards! Guards! and I was addicted. Unfortunately I don't have all Discworld books, some older ones are really hard to find. Next step is to start reading all that I can get in english too.

So, I would like to ask Terry if it would be ok to use names of the characters he has created as a registered names for pet?

(Oh and I'm sorry if there's typos and other oddities, I haven't used english in some time :oops: )
Anne

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:33 am

Anne wrote:I found Pratchett and the Discworld about some 5-6 years ago. First book I read was Guards! Guards! and I was addicted. Unfortunately I don't have all Discworld books, some older ones are really hard to find. Next step is to start reading all that I can get in english too.

So, I would like to ask Terry if it would be ok to use names of the characters he has created as a registered names for pet?

(Oh and I'm sorry if there's typos and other oddities, I haven't used english in some time :oops: )
Your English is very good Anne, so no need to apologise. Welcome to the site. :D
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:26 am

Welcome Anne :D Your English is perfect :wink:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Penfold » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:03 am

Helloo and welcome from me too, Anne. :)
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:31 pm

Welcome from me too Anne :D
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Cheery » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:29 pm

Welcome Anne! Don't worry - a lot of us aren't English and I think your English is brilliant!
Cheery

Postby Lady Vetinari » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:36 am

Tonyblack wrote:
theboywiththethankyoucard wrote:Tony Black. On the first page you asked about Rincewind's Firstname. It is bill.
Bill Rincewind is the name of the Archchancellor of Buggrup University in XXXX. As far as I know, we've never discovered Rincewind's (the Wizzard at UU) first name. :P

I always thought Rincewind WAS his first name ... Knowing his luck it's probably Rincewind Rincewind :lol: !
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:10 am

Lady Vetinari wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:

I always thought Rincewind WAS his first name ... Knowing his luck it's probably Rincewind Rincewind :lol: !
It may be his first name or his last name, or his only name. We just don't know. Just about everyone else has more than one name - ok, so Detritus does seem to have one, and neither does Twoflower. :lol:
Tonyblack

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:32 pm

Another question is who named him as his mother apparently ran away before he was born?
"when the gods made sheep they must've left their brains in their other coat"
Doughnut Jimmy

Postby Dotsie » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:00 pm

I don't think that's the biggest question there :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

PreviousNext

Return to Terry Pratchett