Help in contacting mr pratchett! (once more with footnotes)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Help in contacting mr pratchett! (once more with footnotes)

Postby emmab2001 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:26 am

Hello

i'm wondering if anyone can help me, i would like to get in touch with the wonderful Mr Pratchett in regards to signing a book

We are trying to raise money for our baby son's medical treatment and my hubby who is the main TP fan has decided to include in a charity auction to raise some funds the pride of his collection the book "once more with footnotes"the first first edition which has NEVER been read! and is in MINT condition

now i already know tht this book is worth a nice amount of money but i know it would be worth even more signed!

is there anyway to contct Mr Pratchett or more likly someone close to him agent? publisher? to send more infomation of our cause and ask if there is anyway we can get the book signed??

or will Mr Pratchett be undertaking any book signings in the coming months with the release of the new book??

thank you all for any help or advice you can give
emmab2001

Postby pip » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:39 am

As far as i know Terry has stopped signing due to his embuggerance (altzeimers) and any recentish 'signings' have involved thumb prints rather than actual signatures. As he is currently working really hard on the Long Earth book i don't think any signings will happen before october if at all.
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby KarenM » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:45 am

The FAQ at http://www.paulkidby.com/faq/index.html might help.

I don't know if you'd be able to get it signed but if I were you I'd wait for the next tour/place he's signing and try there.

K
KarenM

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:29 am

You could also try and contact his agent, Colin Smythe.

Best wishes to you all and I hope you manage to make a lot of money from the sale. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Return to Terry Pratchett