The 2011 Irish Discworld Convention

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:08 pm

That's a shame Jan, Terry and Rob they did a skype call for the SADWE con so they will probably do it for the Irish one, the German one they are supposed to be attending I know that Bernard is going it's at the end of the month but it clashes with our Fantasycon in Brighton the same weekend.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby pip » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:13 am

Not good news . I'm contemplating giving it a miss now and keeping all my Ankh Morpork Dollars for Birmingham next year
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:12 pm

They have Bernard promoted tothe Guest of Honour spot now & I think Terry & Rob will be putting in a virtual appearance via Skype or something at some stage :D

They also finally have the programme nailed - it's HERE which is on the Forum but I think you can view without registering. :wink:

Pip - please try and come! You could do Unseen University Challenge with Archer, Meerkat and me... purty purr-lease :P
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby pip » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:52 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote:They have Bernard promoted tothe Guest of Honour spot now & I think Terry & Rob will be putting in a virtual appearance via Skype or something at some stage :D

They also finally have the programme nailed - it's HERE which is on the Forum but I think you can view without registering. :wink:

Pip - please try and come! You could do Unseen University Challenge with Archer, Meerkat and me... purty purr-lease :P

I'll try :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby RJH » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:26 pm

So who is going as I am looking for someone to do a report for me?

Also the guys who created the Guards Guards game will be there, two top fellas. :D
RJH

Postby pip » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:30 pm

Think Meerkat and Jan are going. I might also be making a day trip of it . :D
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:53 pm

Yeah Meerkat and me will be there for most of the convention (I'm getting there around now this time next week *bounces with excitement* :lol: ) - I think Archer's going too so I'm sure we can cobble you something together that's more or less coherent...

Actually it sounds like we'll be spending a lot of time in the bar so perhaps archer's your best bet all things considered :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby meerkat » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:29 pm

I'm in too RJH. I'm sure when we've had a few (except Author cos he's not old enough) we can... I mean, we can put something together worthy of Sacharissa Cripslock! :lol:
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:27 pm

We'd need some unusual veggies too... :twisted:

Gotta share this... :lol: I'm doing Sgt. Jackrum again 1 evening TBA and on the spur of the moment last year I made some silly medals out of some brooches and some ribbon for the outfit, so this year I'm more prepared and I've had time to think about the design more :twisted:

I Image Photoshop :lol:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:29 pm

Very impressive! I wondered why the VC was on the wrong ribbon. :D
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby RJH » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:50 pm

Thanks people I would be there myself but money or lack of it is keeping me in Blighty.
RJH

Postby meerkat » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:12 am

You'll be coming to the Birmingham do though, won't you?
meerkat

Postby RJH » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:59 am

meerkat wrote:You'll be coming to the Birmingham do though, won't you?

Don't know yet it is a lot of money and money is tight.
RJH

Postby meerkat » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:07 pm

At least if you pay for it now, you'll not have to spend anything else on it until August! :evil:
meerkat

Postby RJH » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:42 pm

meerkat wrote:At least if you pay for it now, you'll not have to spend anything else on it until August! :evil:

Haha I wish this time of year all money is spoken for as Xmas is 8 weeks away and I have an 3 year old daughter to spoil but it's my 30th on the 11/1 so hoping the missus will buy me tickets :)
RJH

PreviousNext

Return to Terry Pratchett