Guards! Guards! a Discworld Boardgame

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby poohcarrot » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:06 am

Put it on Pip's account! :D
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:09 am

Yeah, he's loaded!!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby RJH » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:21 am

Right ok, PIP let me know where to send the bill for an all expenses paid trip to Japan :lol:
RJH

Postby pip » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:49 am

you can send it to my country retreat rather than my city residence. :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby RJH » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:02 am

Update for you: The Northern Ireland launch of Guards! Guards will take place at TitanCon on Saturday 24 September. Leonard & David will also be interviewed at the event. A great weekend is expected
RJH

Postby Beautiful Dirt » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:26 am

Hmm will probably buy that. Me and my partner used to come in from the local metal club and play Thud! at 3am in the morning. Come to think of it I barely remember the rules!
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard. H. L. Mencken
Beautiful Dirt

Postby RJH » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:53 am

The prototype arrived to day so I get to test it, got to say the picture cards done by Stephen Player are awesome :)
RJH

Postby RJH » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:38 pm

RJH

Postby LilMaibe » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:24 pm

RJH wrote:The prototype arrived to day so I get to test it, got to say the picture cards done by Stephen Player are awesome :)

A bit of nitpicking here: YMMV when it comes to Mr Player's art. Personally I think he is making characters too ugly for their own good.
LilMaibe

Postby RJH » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:54 pm

LilMaibe wrote:
RJH wrote:The prototype arrived to day so I get to test it, got to say the picture cards done by Stephen Player are awesome :)

A bit of nitpicking here: YMMV when it comes to Mr Player's art. Personally I think he is making characters too ugly for their own good.

Each to their own I say :)

I was never a massive fan of Josh Kirbys style and preferred Paul's over any other artist but credit to Stephen they do look pretty decent, I will be doing a 3 part look at the game later this week or early next week and will post so close up pics of the artwork for you to look over.
RJH

Postby Kittycat1977 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:05 pm

RJH wrote:Well I am buzzing right now as I have been asked by the game makers if I would like to play test one of the prototypes, which I said yes to, so I am awaiting delivery of the prototype game and will be reviewing it on my site new week hopefully.

So I would like to know if anyone would like to meet up to test the game with me. I live in South Yorkshire.

That is awfully tempting, I also live in South Yorkshire. Which bit are you from?
Never stand behind a cow when it is sneezing.
Kittycat1977

Postby RJH » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:50 pm

Kittycat1977 wrote:
RJH wrote:Well I am buzzing right now as I have been asked by the game makers if I would like to play test one of the prototypes, which I said yes to, so I am awaiting delivery of the prototype game and will be reviewing it on my site new week hopefully.

So I would like to know if anyone would like to meet up to test the game with me. I live in South Yorkshire.

That is awfully tempting, I also live in South Yorkshire. Which bit are you from?

All i will say is I can do Meadowhall. I am looking at doing a proper play test so if anyone is interested please drop me a pm to organize it.
RJH

Pre-orders will be dispatched very soon

Postby Guards! Guards! boardgame » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:03 pm

Hi everyone
Just to let you know that pre-orders placed with http://www.guardsguards.com will be dispatched very soon, together with a special free bookmark illustrated by Stephen Player.
Our official release will be at http://www.titancon.com/2011/guests.php on 24 September 2011 and updates, competitions and events will be posted on http://www.facebook.com/guardsguards
Guards! Guards! boardgame

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:10 pm

Thanks for the infomation and welcome to the site. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Jason » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:00 pm

Picked up my copy at the weekend. Hoping to play it tomorrow night with some friends.
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

PreviousNext

Return to Terry Pratchett