New Discworld board game

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

New Discworld board game

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun May 29, 2011 6:05 pm

Just feggled this from twitter.

Last edited by Who's Wee Dug on Sun May 29, 2011 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby deldaisy » Sun May 29, 2011 6:14 pm

Well? More! Tell us more!!!!!!
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun May 29, 2011 6:27 pm

Can't seem to get the image as picture to show del I using a linux OS not windows in windows when I copy the code and paste it, it shows.

It's the new Guards,Guards board game which is about as much as I know at the Mo. :)

Hence the lack of smiley icons also.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby chris.ph » Sun May 29, 2011 6:31 pm

http://fortressat.com/index.php?option= ... mid=100272

sorry its not a direct link but try this

ooohhhhh it is a direct link :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby meerkat » Sun May 29, 2011 6:34 pm

Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Tonyblack » Sun May 29, 2011 6:38 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Can't seem to get the image as picture to show del I using a linux OS not windows in windows when I copy the code and paste it, it shows.

It's the new Guards,Guards board game which is about as much as I know at the Mo. :)

Hence the lack of smiley icons also.
Dug, I altered your original post and got the image to work and then you seem to have altered it again. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun May 29, 2011 7:32 pm

There is another boardgame coming out in (I think it was) September 2011 http://www.treefroggames.com/ankh-morpork Ankh-Morpork the boardgame. I had a chance to play it during the dutch game and it's great fun! :D Guards! guards! was there aswell but didn't played it
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby The Mad Collector » Sun May 29, 2011 8:16 pm

The Ankh Morpork game Sjoerd played was being worked on at the Cunning Artificers when I was there last (my initials are on the board worked into the artwork somewhere). I have already ordered the collectors edition which avoids the number .... oh you know that one between 7 and 9. :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby author3 » Sun May 29, 2011 8:24 pm

I really want the Guards Guards game but does anyone know the objective and how you play
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby Bickaxe » Mon May 30, 2011 7:03 pm

I play-tested it a few months ago. It was easily my favourite of the 3 we tried (including Ankh-Morpork)
You have to get 6 or so spells from different parts of the board whilst avoiding certain traps left for you by other players. Dragons can be summoned and there are few other things in there too. You collect cards depending on where you land which all have characters on and certain sets allow things to happen.
I don't want to give too much away but it is a very well thought out game (and hopefully they've altered the dragon bit to make it harder).
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby author3 » Mon May 30, 2011 7:49 pm

sounds pretty fun
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby RJH » Mon May 30, 2011 8:59 pm

So want both, I am drooling already :)

I did a blog post about the guards! guards! one earlier, if anyone wants to have a read?
RJH

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue May 31, 2011 8:00 am

The Mad Collector wrote:The Ankh Morpork game Sjoerd played was being worked on at the Cunning Artificers when I was there last (my initials are on the board worked into the artwork somewhere). I have already ordered the collectors edition which avoids the number .... oh you know that one between 7 and 9. :D

The die will have 7A on it instead of eighnnnn... :P You do know there are going to be 3 versions? The normal one, the collectors edition and a deluxe version :wink:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue May 31, 2011 11:41 am

Sjoerd3000 wrote:
The Mad Collector wrote:The Ankh Morpork game Sjoerd played was being worked on at the Cunning Artificers when I was there last (my initials are on the board worked into the artwork somewhere). I have already ordered the collectors edition which avoids the number .... oh you know that one between 7 and 9. :D

The die will have 7A on it instead of eighnnnn... :P You do know there are going to be 3 versions? The normal one, the collectors edition and a deluxe version :wink:

Yes, I'm signed up for all 3 :roll:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue May 31, 2011 12:15 pm

I thought you would :lol:
Sjoerd3000

Next

Return to Terry Pratchett