Discworld Convention 2012 Launched

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:27 pm

It's a bit nosy :lol: But I don't mind :wink:

When mC was new I recieved a pm from her with some questions about the forum and a game I was running. After that we kept in touch via pm, facebook and gmail chat.

When she visited her father (he's Dutch :wink: ) during the Christmas period we went to the cinema together, and we really liked each other :D After that I visited her in Budapest. :D
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby meerkat » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:28 pm

I've just got to get a white/grey wig. Oh, and a pipe!
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby The Mad Collector » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:42 pm

ShadowNinjaCat wrote:
Dotsie wrote:
ShadowNinjaCat wrote:I want to go too :cry:

Do it! 48 quid!

I don't know if 48 quid is not a lot in England but converted it's a lot of mony.. :shock: is that just to attend or does that include anything else?.Ah well,my mom would never let me go to England by my self anyway. :roll: Hopefully next time,must be positive. :)

That is the attendance cost. The hotel (just for me) is costing about £200 for the three nights and you need to allow about that much again for costs (food, drink etc.) over the weekend excluding any purchases.
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby meerkat » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:51 pm

Mad, you are depressing me! :wink: I have remortgaged the house for Rotterdam! :lol:
meerkat

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:18 pm

Just booked for the Con and the hotel room. Image :D
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby The Mad Collector » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:19 pm

meerkat wrote:Mad, you are depressing me! :wink: I have remortgaged the house for Rotterdam! :lol:
Well I can put you in touch with a really good mortgage advisor for next year. :)

I'm not expecting to see much change out of £750 for the weekend :)
Last edited by The Mad Collector on Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:20 pm

meerkat wrote:Mad, you are depressing me! :wink: I have remortgaged the house for Rotterdam! :lol:
You have 16 months to save up meer. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Kittycat1977 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:36 pm

Aagghhh I want to sign up now but don't get paid until next week.
Never stand behind a cow when it is sneezing.
Kittycat1977

Postby meerkat » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:39 pm

The Mad Collector wrote:
Well I can put you in touch with a really good mortgage advisor for next year. :)

Yeah, but you collect things! I won't be able to buy that much! Bluddy Euros!
meerkat

Postby meerkat » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:40 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:
You have 16 months to save up meer. :)

Yes, but I'll be spening money in Rotterdam first! Flippin eck! However, will that stop me? I think not! :lol:
meerkat

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:33 am

The Mad Collector wrote:

You Have got it cheap then Mad. :lol:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:01 am

Just feegled this as well from the other site.Image All done in the most innocent of intentions. http://t.co/ANTgWhT
Who's Wee Dug

Postby shegallivants » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:16 am

Sjoerd3000 wrote:It's a bit nosy :lol: But I don't mind :wink:

When mC was new I recieved a pm from her with some questions about the forum and a game I was running. After that we kept in touch via pm, facebook and gmail chat.

When she visited her father (he's Dutch :wink: ) during the Christmas period we went to the cinema together, and we really liked each other :D After that I visited her in Budapest. :D

I am a nosy old biddy, :oops: but I'm glad I asked. Yay :D An internet romance...I wonder if that's going to become more and more common with the amount of time everyone spends on the internet these days.

I want to go as one of the witches, or a seamstress of negotiable affection! :D I think Magrat seems most likely. I could do the flowers in wispy blonde hair and rings on my fingers.

Hey! I have to buy a ticket too. Does anyone want my firstborn child? Price negotiable.
Balter n. To dance gracelessly, without particular art or skill *but perhaps with some enjoyment.
shegallivants

Postby Beth » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:31 am

EEEEEEE! I have signed up! I can't wait! Why is August 2012 so far away?! I've never been to one of these before, and I don't know anyone, but I thought what the heck, discworld fans are bound to be crazy and fantastic people, so, I shall tootle along and have fun. Any hints/tips on what to expect? How to behave? lol

Lifechild they are mad, chaotic, busy and loads of fun. There *does* seem to be an issue with not enough of the special beers and ales that are requested but maybe this time they'll have it sorted out. There are loads of events, the guests are always interesting and glad to see us and of course there's things to buy etc. Scan around on the con website and there are faqs etc and as time passes just keep doing that.

I've booked myself checking in on the Friday rather than two days before as I did last time which is a leap of faith on my part as we are on tenterhooks waiting to hear if we're moving from India to England for the next phase of our life. If that ends up happening I won't need to go in early to get over jet lag! :D
"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!" Eubie Blake on turning 100
Beth

Postby LilMaibe » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:21 pm

Ye know, I'd love to come...but hnestly: I'm scared. Never been to a fandom-specific con before :cry:
LilMaibe

PreviousNext

Return to Terry Pratchett