the most important issue in the world today

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

the most important issue in the world today

Postby cat » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:14 pm

Terry.
We need a book that tells the world how the issue of the world's money (as debt) is in the hands of private shareholders, for their own personal profit. How this debt is created out of thin air, impoverishes the whole world, and how our governments, held to ransom by their own debts to these individuals, are powerless to create societies that function for the good of their people.

Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company. “It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and money system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.”
cat

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:54 pm

Welcome to the site, cat! :D

Terry doesn't tend to do specifics, but he's a real student of the human condition and knows that we keep making the same mistakes over and over again. It's one of the reasons that I think his books will always be relevant.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby deldaisy » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:21 pm

I AM seeing double!!
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Re: the most important issue in the world today

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:07 pm

cat wrote:Terry.
We need a book that tells the world how the issue of the world's money (as debt) is in the hands of private shareholders, for their own personal profit. How this debt is created out of thin air, impoverishes the whole world, and how our governments, held to ransom by their own debts to these individuals, are powerless to create societies that function for the good of their people.

Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company. “It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and money system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.”

Henry Ford died in 1947. What you are saying is not news, it's olds.

Plus, if you've read Making Money, you'll know the points you mention have already been addressed. :P
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Return to Terry Pratchett