Victorian Postage

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Welcome Thanks

Postby Daniel.Roscoe@gmail.com » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:08 pm

My goodness -
Thank you all for the warm welcome. This looks like a fun place for conversation. I'll have to let my kids know about it too.

So - I'll just browse the topics and see what to talk about today....
What ??
Daniel.Roscoe@gmail.com

Postby deldaisy » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:34 pm

Welcome Daniel.

I remember the posty having to make about ten trips near Christmas because everyone would leave out a bottle of beer or a cake or some biscuits and he couldn't carry them all on his bike. One posty used to hand deliver our mail INSIDE the house (Mum would have a cup of tea and fresh hot scones ready for him) He was sweet on my sister it turned out. :D

Stupid moving around: They used to ship mangoes FROM north Queensland where they grew TO Brisbane and BACK to north Queensland for sale to the locals because they had to pass through the Brisbane Fruit Markets. (its a long long way)

One job I had as a corporate receptionist (located in the HEART of the company and where everyone had to report to as they came in and out) required me to send all thier messages via email. Even if they were standing in FRONT of me.
12:35pm: Mike: The courier has arrived with your letter from XYZ Corporation *looks up and sees the courier hand the letter to Mike who has been waiting for it beside me*
deldaisy

Previous

Return to Terry Pratchett