Terry on Irish National Radio

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Terry on Irish National Radio

Postby pip » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:53 am

http://2fm.rte.ie/tubridy/

Terry gave an interview on Irelands 2fm this morning . Hope the link works. :D
Last edited by pip on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby pip » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:56 am

'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:19 am

Pip your 1st link isn't working. :(
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Crivens! » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:00 am

I'd say 'The importance of being absolutely amazed about everything' sounds like something which shouldn't be missed.

But that's just me, or is it? :?

:mrgreen:
Ach, weel noo...
Crivens!

Postby pip » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:19 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Pip your 1st link isn't working. :(

Just checked it and it will only work for an Irish IP . Sorry. :(

Tried to get tickets for the lecture but failed but have been promised a recording of it so I'll post if possible. :D
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:17 am

I do like Terry's philosophy about 'life after school' and that he's only got 1 A Level. :lol:

I'm don't have any A Levels at all and about 8 O levels, some of which were scrapes because I really hated studying for exams. Oh - and I have a pretty desultory BA in Graphics Design. :oops:

The one 'qualification' I have that I'm actually really proud of was passing my driving test on the 3rd go. If I'd failed that time I wouldn't have gone on learning because words cannot express how much I hated driving back then. I still do but it's slightly easier now I'm not under pressure to drive at all - and North Cornwall's a nice place to drive around. *mutters* except for all the local drivers who think they're the only ones allowed to use the lanes :evil:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby pip » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:38 am

He has a few interesting insights all right.

I'm still waiting to hear from a colleague who was at the lecture but he's uncontactable the sod.

:x
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby BobtheDrog » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:49 pm

I was at the lecture, it was superb, very interesting and his interruptions were very funny. I met him afterwards and had a photo taken with him, he wasn't able to sign anything by the time I got to the front of the queue. Luckily my mother was able to get him to sign a book for me the next day at dinner.
BobtheDrog

Postby pip » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:01 am

BobtheDrog wrote:I was at the lecture, it was superb, very interesting and his interruptions were very funny. I met him afterwards and had a photo taken with him, he wasn't able to sign anything by the time I got to the front of the queue. Luckily my mother was able to get him to sign a book for me the next day at dinner.

Seems to be the general consensus that it was a really good lecture.

Found out afterwards i could have got in as staff but hindsight is twenty twenty. :(
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby windle poons » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:20 pm

See here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2FZ_0d3yEI fo a link to the lecture on You tube
Bob
The pen is mightier than the sword ... if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp.
windle poons

Return to Terry Pratchett