Leeds "Run for All" - Sunday 4th July

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Leeds "Run for All" - Sunday 4th July

Postby Ken Fox » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:41 am

Hi

I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules but I'm after your money!

I'm doing a sponsored run to raise some funds for the Alzheimer's Research Trust on Sunday. I'm one of the 11,000 people who have entered the Jane Tomlinson "Run for All" 10K taking place in Leeds.

You can sponsor me at: http://www.justgiving.com/kafox2010

I'm not sure what the citizens of Ankh-Morpork would make of sponsored runs. I dare say C.M.O.T. Dibbler would find a way of selling a new range of meat by-products as sports supplements!

Best wishes
Ken
Ken Fox

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:52 am

Good luck! :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Batty » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:43 pm

Best of luck with the race, Ken!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:27 pm

Best of luck with this - hope the weather's keeps on the cool side for you too! :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Ken Fox » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:10 am

Well I did the run and it all went well. I finished in 48:28 in 545th (out of 11,000). Quite a few runners dressed up in costumes so a variety of superheroes, fairies, smurfs etc. I didn't spot any Discworld characters - perhaps I'll have a go at one of those myself next year - I quite fancy running round as Captain Carrot!

It's not too late to sponsor me and give some money to the Alzheimer's Research Trust: http://www.justgiving.com/kafox2010

And up to my £400 fundraising target I will be "Matching it for Pratchett" with my own personal donation to the Alzheimer's Research Trust, so your donations will be doubled (more so if you are a UK tax payer as Gift Aid can be used as well).
Ken Fox

Return to Terry Pratchett