Help please!

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Help please!

Postby Miss Wiggle » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:34 am

Hi everyone,

my name's Alice, my other half Ian is a massive discworld fan, i'm pretty fond of the books too but not as big an obsessive as he is.

i've been pretty ill this last year and have just been diagnosed with MS, Ian has been absolutely amazing throughout, we're going to get married in July and I want to get him a really special wedding present to say thanks for looking after me and not just doing a bunk when i got ill!

he keeps eyeing up the discworld books that they've recently published in the black and gold covers so I thought I'd get him a full set of all of them, so have worked through the list and there's some that I just can't find. some of these seem to be the 'young adult' ones not the regular discworld books so I've been trying to find out if these have been published in the black and gold covers but can't find any info anywhere so hoping someone here might know! so the ones I can't find are below, if anyone knows if they are available in these covers that'd be great and if they are then anywhere that has them in stock would be great!!!

Faust - Eric
The last Hero
The wee free men
A hat full of sky
Unseen academicals
I shall wear midnight

Thanks
Alice
Miss Wiggle

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:29 am

Hi Miss Wiggle and welcome

I don't believe any of the books you mentioned are available in the black covers, though I could be wrong.

If you do want something special, I'd recommend the following site. It has some brilliant things;

http://www.paulkidby.com/
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Watchman44 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:32 am

Hi Alice,
welcome to the site. if you look here on Colin Smythes ( Terry's publisher) site it has the complete list of works with ISBN numbers. Hope it helps.
Who watches the watchman.......
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
Watchman44

Postby Miss Wiggle » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:22 pm

brilliant tip on colin's website there, have checked and most of them haven't been released in the black and gold covers but there are one or two from that list that have. i've searched their ISBN numbers on amazon and found copies of them so they are ordered now as well :D

Now I've got all the ones that have been published so can't get anymore and I have £50 left in the budget so I shall check out that other site for some memorabilia. I got him a little statue/model of death on a motorbike a few years ago that he loves so I'll see if there's anything else to go with it. He's just about to start Uni so some cool stuff to put on his desk at home will go down well I'm sure!
Miss Wiggle

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Welcome to the site Miss Wiggle :D

If Ian is starting with Uni maybe he would like a Discworld bag :wink:
http://www.paulkidby.com/bags/index.html
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:34 pm

Welcome to the site! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:42 pm

Ditto^^^^^ :D
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby bikkit » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:13 pm

I ditto your ditto

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:19 pm

Welcome to the site Miss Wiggle :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Moon Dragon » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:19 pm

Feels weird saying welcome when I, my self, is new :-). But welcome none the less. Btw, my uncle has MS too, so I know what it can be like :-(. Good luck with everything and you and your future husband are very lucky to have each other :-D.
Moon Dragon

Postby Dotsie » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:12 am

Congrats on the wedding Alice :D But remember, anything you buy him now will be cluttering up your home for years :wink:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Return to Terry Pratchett