Was Terry Pratchett brought up a Catholic?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:50 pm

I suppose that makes a change from the usual Jedi or Klingon they usually get on them. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Dotsie » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:02 pm

I briefly thought it would be cool to be a pastafarian. I loved their science :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Penfold » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:29 am

Dotsie wrote:I briefly thought it would be cool to be a pastafarian. I loved their science :lol:

Sorry, I originally thought you had made a typo and meant to say Rasrafarian, :P and I was well prepared to make a variety of spaghetti flavoured jokes. However, I was startled to find on surfing the net that such a religion actually exists. :shock: ALL HAIL THE FSM! :lol: Actually, I'm not quite a convert yet.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:32 am

Batty wrote:
Jan Van Quirm wrote:Belief is whatever gets you through - you don't need to have gods though. Terry's absolutely right about that when he says they/he/she/it needs you though. Be your own god in that case! :wink:

Are you suggesting that you have to live in a case if you want to be your own God? ... :!: :?: :wink:

I have a fridge magnet that states: 'Chocolate is proof that God wants us to be happy.'
Will the chocolate melt if kept in a case with no temperature control?

P.S. Jan - did you tunnel out or escape your incarceration by other means?? :lol:

:lol: No - I didn't mean live in a case. You certainly don't need a god, but belief is a useful survival trait and who better to believe in than yourself? :wink:

Chocolate is a natural product that man made delectably edible (and safe to eat too!) - god(s) may have been involved, but they were probably very naughty ones - like Dionysus and all those nymphs :twisted: Fridges were a good move too but mostly we have Electrolux to thank for that don't we? :? :P

Still haven't tunnelled out except for a quick raid on Tesco's in a neighbour's 4x4 last Weds - did snow a bit today but I may defrost the car tomorrow if the housemate starts winding me up again. I had a blissful day of totally blocking him out today :P
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Previous

Return to Terry Pratchett