gah... death note

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby mystmoon » Wed May 04, 2011 2:49 pm

ShadowNinjaCat wrote:
deldaisy wrote:Anime...... Manga........ ITS CARTOONS IT IS! :D CARTOONS!

What's wrong with cartoons :P
Japanese or otherwise

Exactly! I'm doing a degree in animation right now!

I never quite got into Deathnote though...or Bleach...or Naruto...
I seem to prefer the lesser known anime
"Why is that gas stove wearing a hat?"
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Location: York, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Thu May 05, 2011 4:30 pm

Is studying animation hard mystmoon?
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby mystmoon » Thu May 05, 2011 4:36 pm

about as hard as studying anything else...you can't leave things as late as you can in some courses though...you have to learn how looooong it takes
For example it took me 2 months to make a decent 3D animation (athough I'm quicker in 2D)
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Location: York, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Thu May 05, 2011 5:22 pm

I just wanted to ask 'cause I've started thinking about animation but I haven't been drawing for long.I always think that I wouldn't be very good if it's a course that's really hard and you should be good before, to start studying it at university.How good are most of the people you study with?
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby mystmoon » Thu May 05, 2011 5:28 pm

Most people could draw before they came, I personally had done animation but I'd never used proper software before.

So long as you can draw at a reasonable standard and don't mind spending literally hours on a computer then it's fine. There's not a lot of writing if that's what's worrying you.
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Thu May 05, 2011 5:37 pm

Not really the writing that was bothering me.It's the fact that I don't think my drawing ability is good enough. :( I must just keep drawing :) . If I get it to a standard I'm happy with then maybe I can think about animation or maybe just draw as a hobby.
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby mystmoon » Thu May 05, 2011 5:39 pm

Do you have any examples that you could show?

I mean, my drawing ability isn't that amazing, it's more just them knowing that you are comfortable drawing and designing
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Thu May 05, 2011 5:48 pm

There is one on this site let me look...Found it.
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby mystmoon » Thu May 05, 2011 5:55 pm

That looks better than some of the stuff people on my course can do!

If you want to attempt doing some stop motion animation at home tho, it might be a good idea
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Thu May 05, 2011 5:59 pm

I have a problem with getting my characters to look the same the next time I draw them *sigh* but I'll try. :)
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby mystmoon » Thu May 05, 2011 6:11 pm

Use a camera and some old toys then...you can't screw up on redrawing then :P
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Postby Finomans » Fri May 06, 2011 3:45 am

Funny i started watching Death Note a few days ago. I loved the first couple of episodes but im at episode 21 now and it has lost all it's excitement. at the beginning I was like best anime evar!! now I think about it I still prefer Elfenlied or Serial experiments lain (or Avatar the last airbender (wich is by the way, the only thing ever that made me cry I miss Mako :cry: )).
goat who is this goat
Finomans

Postby Quatermass » Fri May 06, 2011 9:37 am

Finomans wrote:Funny i started watching Death Note a few days ago. I loved the first couple of episodes but im at episode 21 now and it has lost all it's excitement. at the beginning I was like best anime evar!! now I think about it I still prefer Elfenlied or Serial experiments lain (or Avatar the last airbender (wich is by the way, the only thing ever that made me cry I miss Mako :cry: )).

I think it does slump around part of the Near/Mello arc, but the climax is excellent.
Have you seen the size of human brains? They're hilarious!

-The Twelfth Doctor
Quatermass

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre