gah... death note

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

gah... death note

Postby Popcap » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:58 pm

i recently checked out the anime death note, and ive never really watched an anime before. but i found it quite interesting

the plot is about light who finds a notebook.. but not just any notebook :o

first episode(each episode is 3 parts if you watch them on youtube) on youtube, english subs, (37 episodes total)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=V1i2YGiPA6c

the logic and the hunter-pray mind games are very entertaining and i absolutely loved them. also the etics and morale is very "up to you" is the main character good or evil sort of thing... the atmosphere is awesome

first episode was ok, a little slow in the start but i enjoyed it quite a bit, then it just became completely awesome, keept telling myself "last episode before bed" a number of times

then around episode 19.. everythings goes WTF! this is just soo bland.. and then some episodes later... all the feeling built up is destroyed, all the awesomness have dissapeared, im sure that many ppl disagree but for me it really did

all the excellent logic that was before is gone... :cry: im so sad, how can they abuse such a great story

it annoys me so much that they ruined it, the ending sucked too. frustrated.. im soo frustrated

well i guess i just needed to get it out of my system.
Though not to put you off watching it... the first 17 episodes utterly rock
Popcap

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:12 pm

Some Anime is great! I used to have loads of it at one time. There is some plain weird stuff though and it's always good to go by recomendation.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Pita » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:04 pm

I read the manga up to volume 9 and then I stopped going to AnimeCon.
I loved the manga, and though I only saw the first two episodes of the show, it seemed even better. The only problem, for me, is a story arc that is mainly filler.
There will always be a light at the end of the tunnel. It will usually be a flamethrower.
Pita

Postby mspanners » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:33 pm

Manga old school.......................

http://www.thechestnut.com/marine.htm

but at the time we never heard it called Manga.... 8)
mspanners

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:44 pm

:lol: Good lord! There's a trip down memory lane.
Tonyblack

Postby Byakuran » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:08 pm

I recently saw the Death Note films on ENGLISH TV for the first time lol, on FilmFour I think... Kept the japanese voices, and had english subtitles.

Anyone who was upset at the ending of the anime series will love the film, it has familiar points to it but actually is completely different.
DRINK COFFEE - Do stupid things faster with more energy!
Byakuran

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:56 pm

Yes last night they repeated the 1st one, :) they are both worth watching.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby giuliano » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:57 pm

:D I've got all the Death Note manga, have seen all the anime and even bought the soundtracks, didn't like the live action films though... they just weren't right... :?

It's a brilliant series though and it really keeps you guessing. If you liked it I'd highly suggest watching 'Code Geass' which is even better in my opinion :wink:
giuliano

Postby Kahlan » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:27 am

I love Death Note

And Bleach and Berserk are two other favourites.
Kahlan

Postby zadorony » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:00 am

Where can i get buy a Death Note book in oregon? ok so i wanna read death note but i can't find it in my local library. So i thought maybe I should buy it. but i wanna ask you guys before i walk in and spend like what 4 hours looking for it.
Last edited by zadorony on Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
zadorony

Postby deldaisy » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:44 pm

Anime...... Manga........ ITS CARTOONS IT IS! :D CARTOONS!
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:51 pm

zadorony wrote:Where can i get buy a Death Note book in oregon? ok so i wanna read death note but i can't find it in my local library. So i thought maybe I should buy it. but i wanna ask you guys before i walk in and spend like what 4 hours looking for it.
Not a clue - have you tried Amazon.com? :)
Tonyblack

Postby Quatermass » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:43 pm

deldaisy wrote:Anime...... Manga........ ITS CARTOONS IT IS! :D CARTOONS!

But Death Note is one of the best ever. It's certainly in my top five manga, and it's my number one anime series.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:44 pm

Tonyblack wrote:
zadorony wrote:Where can i get buy a Death Note book in oregon? ok so i wanna read death note but i can't find it in my local library. So i thought maybe I should buy it. but i wanna ask you guys before i walk in and spend like what 4 hours looking for it.
Not a clue - have you tried Amazon.com? :)
This link: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... Vol.S+1-13)+%5BBook%5D&rh=n%3A283155%2Ck%3ADeath+Note+Box+Set+(Vol.S+1-13)+%5BBook%5D&ajr=3
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:36 pm

deldaisy wrote:Anime...... Manga........ ITS CARTOONS IT IS! :D CARTOONS!

What's wrong with cartoons :P
Japanese or otherwise
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Next

Return to TV, film, theatre