Doctor Who 2013

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Doctor Who 2013

Postby The Mad Collector » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:53 pm

Tiffany wrote:
Watchman44 wrote:The Doctor: “Imagine that – human souls trapped like flies in the world wide web, crying out for help…”
Clara: “Isn’t that basically Twitter?”

:D :D :D
I can't get into the new Doctor Who series, it gets dafter & dafter.

That was easily the best line in a pretty poor episode which was just trying to lay down some markers for the rest of the series without bothering to tell a half decent story at the same time.
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:15 pm

Dr Who episodes are doing well in the Hugo awards.

Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form

•Doctor Who: “The Angels Take Manhattan” Written by Steven Moffat, Directed by Nick Hurran (BBC Wales)
•Doctor Who: “Asylum of the Daleks” Written by Steven Moffat; Directed by Nick Hurran (BBC Wales)
•Doctor Who: “The Snowmen” Written by Steven Moffat, Directed by Saul Metzstein (BBC Wales)
•Fringe: “Letters of Transit” Written by J.J. Abrams, Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Akiva Goldsman, J.H.Wyman, Jeff Pinkner. Directed by Joe Chappelle (Fox)
•Game of Thrones: “Blackwater” Written by George R.R. Martin, Directed by Neil Marshall. Created by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss (HBO)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Quatermass » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:27 am

The Mad Collector wrote:
Tiffany wrote:
Watchman44 wrote:The Doctor: “Imagine that – human souls trapped like flies in the world wide web, crying out for help…”
Clara: “Isn’t that basically Twitter?”

:D :D :D
I can't get into the new Doctor Who series, it gets dafter & dafter.

That was easily the best line in a pretty poor episode which was just trying to lay down some markers for the rest of the series without bothering to tell a half decent story at the same time.

:lol:

Season openers are rarely excellent, anyway, in the new series, with only The Impossible Astronaut and Asylum of the Daleks being the exceptions.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Jinx » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:06 am

Jinx

Postby high eight » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:37 pm

Jinx wrote:

I knew he had to make an appearance sooner or later :D

Oh God, no! Not the tombstone-toothed chav! :o My least favorite Who character EVER.

Lets hope she appears only to be killed off - or even better, wiped out of existence. :dance:
"If there is any kind of supreme being it is up to all of us to become its moral superior."
high eight

Postby The Mad Collector » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:47 pm

I thought she effectively was the last time she appeared :roll:

The Mad Collector

Postby high eight » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:49 pm

The Mad Collector wrote:I thought she effectively was the last time she appeared :roll:

So did I. No such luck!
"If there is any kind of supreme being it is up to all of us to become its moral superior."
high eight

Postby Quatermass » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:08 pm

high eight wrote:
Jinx wrote:

I knew he had to make an appearance sooner or later :D

Oh God, no! Not the tombstone-toothed chav! :o My least favorite Who character EVER.

Lets hope she appears only to be killed off - or even better, wiped out of existence. :dance:

What about Mel? Or Amy? They were way worse than Rose IMO.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby The Mad Collector » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:14 pm

Yep they were annoying as well Q

The Mad Collector

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:21 pm

Oh gods . . . Mel :doh:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Quatermass » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:35 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Oh gods . . . Mel :doh:

Believe it or not, she's actually better in some of the audio adventures. She's actually tolerable in the two I have listened to so far featuring her, and indeed, you could say that one of them, The Juggernauts, is her finest hour.

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:00 pm

I just remember her as Violet Elizabeth Botts from Just William. She was just like the same annoying character in Doctor Who.

"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Quatermass » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:24 am

Well, in The Juggernauts...
Spoiler: show
...not only does she call out the Doctor for working with the Daleks (not that he had a choice, really), but after Davros commits one atrocity too many, she sics a group of Mechonoids on him, and nearly kills him. :shock:

Funny thing about Bonnie Langford as a child actor. I recall an anecdote about a play she was in as a kid that Noel Coward watched. Apparently a horse crapped on stage, and Coward was later heard to remark that if they had shoved Langford's head up the horse's derriere, they would have solved two problems at once. :roll:

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:32 am

[quote="Tonyblack"]I just remember her as Violet Elizabeth Botts from Just William. She was just like the same annoying character in Doctor Who.

I going to screeemth and screeemth, till I'm sitck. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Quatermass » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:20 am

Apropos of nothing, I just watched, courtesy of the special edition DVD of The Aztecs, a recently found episode of Doctor Who. The third episode of Galaxy 4 (Air Lock) to be precise. You can tell that that episode was really made on the cheap. But story-wise, it wasn't too bad.

-the Master
Quatermass

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre