Trailers you like...

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Trailers you like...

Postby Quatermass » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:50 am

I forget whether I did a thread like this (probably did), but here's another one.

Anyway, I recently saw the DVD trailer for Doctor Who: The Ambassadors...*twang!*...of Death. That's whats in the link in my current sig. But here's the YouTube video of the DVD trailer.

"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Re: Trailers you like...

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:55 am

Twang?

Love the new avatar, Q. He was my first Doctor.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Quatermass » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:16 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:Twang?

Love the new avatar, Q. He was my first Doctor.

No, not just "Twang". The Ambassadors...*Twang!*...of Death!

Now, with nearly 90 seconds of *Twang!*

Jon Pertwee isn't exactly on my top three list. He's a good Doctor (it's hard to do a bad one), but he's not my favourite. I'm just using him because I got bored of Hunter S Thompson/Raoul Duke as played by Johnny Depp. I'm looking forward to the DVD release of The Ambassadors...*Twang!*...of Death, and decided to give Pertwee his day in the sun. The screenshot used to make the avatar comes from the original TV trailer of The Ambassadors...*Twang!*...of Death.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:25 am

Blimey. Ronald Allen. That's going back a bit!!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Sister Jennifer » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:11 am

^ excellent.

I reeeeaaaalllyyy like this trailer. Never miss a Wes Anderson movie. Can't wait to see it, my kinda movie heaven...

Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Quatermass » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:39 am

Well, time to revive this thread. Here's one of my favourite Doctor Who DVD trailers, for The War Games. They've made something suitably epic for this 10-part, over four hour story.

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Sister Jennifer » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:50 am

Wow...

Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby cheery_j. » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:02 pm

Wooohoooooo!
I started reading the book on the night ferry from Ireland. We had great sailing conditions, but I'll never forget reading the shipwreck passages all alone in my inside cabin with all those boaty creaking noises all around me... :shock: :? :D
cheery_j.

Return to TV, film, theatre