YouTube

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:31 am

michelanCello wrote:OK, I know we are on a Pratchett forum, but I still wanted to share this with you. It's the latest Harry Potter trailer. I thought this was important, because HP was one of the first books I've read - and with that I mean really the first (OK, after Winnie the Pooh). I was 7, I think. And as it's in the trailer too, it's part of a generation, so I thought I'd post it here. You can lynch me now, if you want to...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp5IggAXBa4&playnext_from=TL&videos=XVa0NMld93o&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_fresh%2Bdiv-1r-1-HM
I suspect you might be surprised how many of us here like Harry Potter. :wink:

I've read all of the books and seen most of the movies and enjoyed them. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:05 am

I like HP too. The author can be a bit wierd :shock:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Harry Potter

Postby Undershaft » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:15 am

I just loved the books , though I am not crazy about the movies . The reason why , is that in the movies , there were not shown many plots , especially in the Half Blood Prince , which seemed to me , that none of the makers read the book ( the Riddle family plot wasn't there , what made me really annoyed). The first three movies were OK, the others were good as films , but had nothing to do with HP ( I don't mean Hewlett-Packard ) . But of course, I'm gonna see the Deathly Hallows , but first , as always, I'll have to forget it's Harry Potter . By the way Deathly Hallows was in my opinion one of the best Harry Potter stuff. Somebody agrees?
Drop the scythe, and turn around slowly!
Undershaft

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:57 am

The latest one looks pretty good. :) if it's in 3D I would watch it in that.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:10 am

I saw this video on another site. It's funny... in a scary sort of way. :shock: :lol:

I'm fairly sure it's a spoof though. :lol:
Tonyblack

Re: Harry Potter

Postby michelanCello » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:56 am

Undershaft wrote:I just loved the books , though I am not crazy about the movies . The reason why , is that in the movies , there were not shown many plots , especially in the Half Blood Prince , which seemed to me , that none of the makers read the book ( the Riddle family plot wasn't there , what made me really annoyed). The first three movies were OK, the others were good as films , but had nothing to do with HP ( I don't mean Hewlett-Packard ) . But of course, I'm gonna see the Deathly Hallows , but first , as always, I'll have to forget it's Harry Potter . By the way Deathly Hallows was in my opinion one of the best Harry Potter stuff. Somebody agrees?

I don't. I didn't like the last book. I think Harry should have died, but Rowling didn't want to loose her fans. I don't like the epilog either. And of course, all that traveling around seems only like some kind of filling of pages to me.
My favorite book of the series is the first (of course) and the third. About the movies: I like this David Yates. I know everyone disagrees with the way he interprets the books, but I liked the 5th and the 6th movie. I hated the third and the forth...
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

That's true

Postby Undershaft » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:29 pm

That's true that the first books were great . Had this different climate. :)
Drop the scythe, and turn around slowly!
Undershaft

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:25 pm

Have to share this over here too - I was scouting for stuff on the award-winning Bugs Bunny cartoon where he's at the opera. The eally famous cartoon where Elmer Fudd sings Kill de Wabbit! (to Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries of course) :lol:

Anyway I found THIS - that someone had had a really brilliant idea to 'freshen' it up a bit and over-dubbed it... :twisted: :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:58 pm

I HAD NOT SEEN THAT ONE JAN. :roll: left the caps lock on. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:22 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:I HAD NOT SEEN THAT ONE JAN. :roll: left the caps lock on. :)
:lol: Thought you'd turned into the Grim Reaper there.

What's Opera Doc is my favourite Bugs Bunny cartoon - EVER! :lol:

I think I prefer the Wagner version, Jan. :P
Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:39 pm

Me too - I just thought it was a hoopy take and aside for some of the 'lip syncing' was put together pretty cleverly :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:40 pm

The Wagner version was VERY GOOD.Image
Who's Wee Dug

Postby MissTeatime » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:28 pm

That redneck video... Eugh. I'm sorry, I'm just so completely allergic to all of that that I just couldn't watch it, not even with the sound off. :P

Lol at the Wagner... :lol:

I don't know if anyone has posted one of these yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cRpIYpdjRY
"You can think and you can fight, but the world's always movin', and if you wanna stay ahead you gotta dance."
MissTeatime

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:17 am

MissTeatime wrote:That redneck video... Eugh. I'm sorry, I'm just so completely allergic to all of that that I just couldn't watch it, not even with the sound off. :P

I don't know if anyone has posted one of these yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cRpIYpdjRY
It turns out that redneck really is a spoof. The guy who makes them is a comedian and uses this character to (hopefully) show people what it would be like if the Tea Party gains power. :wink:
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:15 pm

MissTeatime wrote:That redneck video... Eugh. I'm sorry, I'm just so completely allergic to all of that that I just couldn't watch it, not even with the sound off. :P

quite funny but I see some people took it seriously. :lol:
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre