Lets Cast - 'Guards! Guards!'

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:05 am

welcome to the forum fyffes :D
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby chuckie » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:23 am

Been watching Scrubs lately. Neil Flynn who plays the janitor could make a good Vimes.(would add a photo if i knew how)
Susan did an unusual thing and listened. that's not an easy task for a teacher.
chuckie

Postby Cheery » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:45 pm

welcome fyffes!
Cheery

Postby Cheery » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:49 pm

chuckie wrote:Been watching Scrubs lately. Neil Flynn who plays the janitor could make a good Vimes.(would add a photo if i knew how)

Have you got photobucket? I usually upload pictures on my photobucket account, where you can get a link code to show pictures on any fourum you like. The code looks like this:

[img]here's_where/the/code_comes[/img]

Or ask Tony, because I'm very,very,very bad at explaining
Cheery

Postby Dotsie » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:04 pm

Or I'll just do this, which is easier :wink:

And I see what you mean, Chuckie.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Kladivo » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:01 pm

He'd made a very Kidby'esque Vimes which is wrong! :evil: Vimes needs a tired and wise face, not like that puppy with a goofy smile. Rickman would be good.
Duvvelsheyss!
Kladivo

Postby chuckie » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:41 pm

Thanks Dotsie,I really ought to learn how to do that myself.
kladivo, i don't know if you've watched Neil Flynn in anything, I've only seen him in Scrubs, but he is a very good actor and i feel he could play Vimes without the "goofy smile". However, Neil Flynn is rather a large man so he might not be the best choice to play Vimes who lurks in dark doorways.
Susan did an unusual thing and listened. that's not an easy task for a teacher.
chuckie

Postby Kladivo » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:53 pm

As I said, he reminds me of a Vimes' image created by Paul Kidby and although I much prefer his visions to Kirby's I strongly disagree with this one. He should look older than he is, worn out, smoking fags like a builder. Not that young and hopeful looking skinny kind of chap. And please, don't let him wear those stupid sandals! Who'd wear romanesque sandals in the mud of the Shades?!?
Duvvelsheyss!
Kladivo

Postby Dotsie » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:18 pm

Kladivo wrote:As I said, he reminds me of a Vimes' image created by Paul Kidby and although I much prefer his visions to Kirby's I strongly disagree with this one. He should look older than he is, worn out, smoking fags like a builder. Not that young and hopeful looking skinny kind of chap. And please, don't let him wear those stupid sandals! Who'd wear romanesque sandals in the mud of the Shades?!?

But Terry says he wears sandals in the summer. And smoking fags like a builder? I don't think so! Vimes is a cigar smoker, which isn't really the same thing (although of all the builders I know, none of them smoke anyway).
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Kladivo » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:45 pm

And what about the roll-ups between the thumb and the forefinger hidden in the palm of the hand? But these are details distracting us from the issue of how the guy actually should look like...
Duvvelsheyss!
Kladivo

Postby chris.ph » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:18 pm

Dotsie wrote:
Kladivo wrote:As I said, he reminds me of a Vimes' image created by Paul Kidby and although I much prefer his visions to Kirby's I strongly disagree with this one. He should look older than he is, worn out, smoking fags like a builder. Not that young and hopeful looking skinny kind of chap. And please, don't let him wear those stupid sandals! Who'd wear romanesque sandals in the mud of the Shades?!?

But Terry says he wears sandals in the summer. And smoking fags like a builder? I don't think so! Vimes is a cigar smoker, which isn't really the same thing (although of all the builders I know, none of them smoke anyway).

im a builder and i have the occasional rollie and the very occasional cigar :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:28 pm

Sam Vimes

I agree with Terry on this. :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Kladivo » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:51 pm

As I said, a face of a man who's been through a lot... :D

But I still think Alan Rickman would do much better as he's more cynical and his face simply 'speaks' one-liners.
Duvvelsheyss!
Kladivo

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:10 pm

Alan Rickman would be better as Vetinari :D
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Lady Vetinari » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:14 pm

Actually Alan's own origins is similar to Vimes... ordinary upbringing not much money ... so he could bring a great realism to Vimes. Besides I've ALWAYS wanted to see Alan play someone happily married with a child and a genuine nice guy - so I'd rather him play Vimes.

Besides ... now he is a bit too fat for Vetinari - I think Jason Isaacs would be better for Vetinari.
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre