The Colour of Magic Movie

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:18 am

No! It was terrible! Teatime just wasn't right at all, I just refuse to let it spoil the book for me :(

'Course, that's just one opinion :wink:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Dotsie » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:20 am

BTW if David Jason gets the part of Moist, I will definitely be writing letters.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tiffany » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:00 pm

mspanners wrote:Jan Van Quirm, The Hogfather is very good adaption of the book... far better than The Colour of Magic and I would recommend you getting a copy or waiting until Hogwatch............ sorry Christmas as it is sure to be shown again sometime. Tea Time is particularly evil and dark , darker than in the book to my eyes! And creepy........ :shock:

The actor who played Tea Time, Marc Warren, is brilliant at creepy characters.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Tiffany » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:01 pm

Dotsie wrote:BTW if David Jason gets the part of Moist, I will definitely be writing letters.

I'll shoot the casting director :lol: :lol:
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Jason » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:27 pm

David Jason won't be in Going Postal. They were going to do Sorcery next with David Jason as Rincewind but other work commitments meant he was not available so they decided to do Going Postal instead.
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby Tiffany » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:36 pm

Thank goodness for that then. Phew! :lol:
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby mspanners » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:12 pm

Yes, thank god Del Boy Trotter can't kill Rincewind's persona again....... I thought Nigel Planer was nearer Rincewind and he has voiced Him in the unabridged audio book so should know the part better.
mspanners

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:08 pm

Ive always said Nigel planner for Rincewind, hes just so the part, yes i know some people would disagree but that how ive always seen him.
The_Discworldaholic

Postby andrew » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:47 pm

I recently finished watching the TV adaptation of the Colour of Magic, and I have to say that I was very impressed.

Although I was sceptical at first, I think the producers did a great job in adapting The Colour of Magic and The Light Fantastic into a manageable screenplay.

Contrary to what seems to be the majority opinion here, I was really taken by Sir David Jason's portrayal of Rincewind. I had read a lot of negative comment on his casting and performance in the film as going against most people's interpretation of Rincewind. I have to say that I think he gave an immensely enjoyable and perfectly credible interpretation of his own. I admit that it took me a while to warm to Rincewind in the TV adaptation, but by the end I felt quite a strong connection with the character and a good understanding of him.

I also loved the casting and performance of Tim Curry as Trymon. His scenes were most likely the points when I laughed most during the film. Particular credit should go to the man who played the second Astrozoologist in Krull!

All in all, there were a couple of moments in the film which ran contrary to my interpretations from my own readings of the novels. Nevertheless, I think it's great that I've been given some fresh perspectives to consider and enjoy.

I hope that the next TV adaptation is as successful. I shall definitely be watching this one again soon!

Very best wishes,

Andrew
andrew

Postby Vena Ravenhaired » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:24 pm

For me, David Jason IS Albert, I feel that Nigel Planer would have been better as Rincewind, he has the confused and worried looks down pat.

I can't think of anyone better than Jeremy Irons as the Patrician, except perhaps the guy who plays Snape in the Harry Potter films.

Cheers, Vena
I wish I was a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum, How can you be unhappy when the sun shines out yer bum?
Vena Ravenhaired

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:32 pm

Terence Stamp could have played Vetinari.

"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Tiffany » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:43 pm

Ooooh! Yes! Deffinately.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:01 pm

Definitley Nigel Planer for Rincewind. :) Delboy should go back to playing Albert.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:04 pm

Or Mrs Cake :twisted: Did you see him in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert?

But yeah Stampy'd make a suitably mean and cynical Patrician
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby wolfdog27 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:04 am

I know it was coming on blueray but I wan't to know if it's coming to Canada.... :?
"If complete and utter chaos was thunder and lightning, then [Twoflower]'d be the sort to stand on top of a hilltop in wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'" _Colour of Magic
wolfdog27

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre