Monty Python reunion

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Monty Python reunion

Postby ramtopsman » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:55 am

http://io9.com/5879728/surviving-monty- ... ing-aliens

And there is a VERY small secition about Terry GIllian working on The Watch for the BBC
Check out all things pratchett at

www.youtube.com/user/ramtopsman
ramtopsman

Re: Monty Python reunion

Postby deldaisy » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:34 pm

Read an interesting interview with John Cleese in the Readers Digest recently:

…I enjoyed making Life of Brian most out of the Monty Python films. We were shooting in Tunisia and rose in the mornings as the sun was coming up. You could get wonderful fresh fruit for breakfast and drink coffee—it was as though we shot the whole thing on a beautiful spring day. We were on good form—especially Michael Palin. Terry Jones did a particularly good job of directing. We always felt he and assistant director Jonathan Benson knew what they were doing —so all we had to do was to turn up and be funny! But when we did The Meaning of Life in 1982, I never really enjoyed it. It was basically just a bunch of sketches, and I was hugely relieved when we finished in the evening and I could get out. It wasn’t because we were fighting—I just didn’t think the project was ready, and didn’t like the fact we’d gone back to a sketch format.
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Re: Monty Python reunion

Postby unseenu » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am

Thanks for this ramtopsman, I was about to post a thread to ask if the Discworld tv series was still going ahead, and from reading the article on this page it looks like it is.
Proof that L-Space exists in this universe

Fact 1:Heavier things distort time and space more
Fact 2:A page with ink on it is heavier than an unprinted page
Conclusion:A book distorts time and space more than blank papers
unseenu

Return to TV, film, theatre