Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack
Did anyone else watch this on sky? thought the performances were pretty good especially Eddie Izzard as Silver, Phillip Glenister as the Captain and Elijah Wood as Ben Gunn but didn't really enjoy it for the following spoilered reasons
1. the need to turn the squire from a slightly bumbling but good hearted individual into a money obsessed meglomaniac who thinks nothing of evicting Jim's mother from the inn. I will say that the part is well played though.
2. the doctor is a cowardly alcoholic who gains some redemption but is still poles apart from the doctor in the book
3. they throw the treasure away!!!!! apparently the fact that so many have died for it means that it isn't worthwhile
it was the first two that really got to me since the book is one of my favourites and I felt that this rewrite destroyed so much about it. In the book its the unity of our heroes which help them survive while in this interpretation they all seem to busy fighting among themselves. AAAARRRGGHHHH!!!!
- Posts: 577
- Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:06 am
- Location: Dublin
i do agree with the spoilers to a certain extent but i still enjoyed it for itself
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
- Posts: 8675
- Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:52 am
- Location: swansea south wales
I got put off it slighty when E.Izzard was talking about it on a chat show, that there was not going to be any Arrr Jim lad in it, I was a bit disappointed then as I had been looking forward to it.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug
- Posts: 14863
- Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
- Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland
Return to TV, film, theatre
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests