The Buffy/Angel Thread

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Just Realised We Don't have Buffy Thread, So Here's One

Postby author3 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:36 pm

I love The Wish.Vamp Willow is so cool 8-)
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
User avatar
author3
Member
 
Posts: 2358
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 8:46 am
Location: Sunnydale Highschool

Re: Just Realised We Don't have Buffy Thread, So Here's One

Postby author3 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:36 pm

I've finished watching S3 Ep5: Homecoming,so on Monday I'll watch Band Candy :dance:
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
User avatar
author3
Member
 
Posts: 2358
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 8:46 am
Location: Sunnydale Highschool

Re: Just Realised We Don't have Buffy Thread, So Here's One

Postby author3 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:27 am

Sorry about my numerous posting right after one another.But while I was on Youtube I noticed in the comments that Facebook have a page for remaking Buffy :roll: They were trying to recruit some people to join them but so far they only have 470+ followers :(
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
User avatar
author3
Member
 
Posts: 2358
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 8:46 am
Location: Sunnydale Highschool

Re: Just Realised We Don't have Buffy Thread, So Here's One

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:56 am

Yeah. Everyone one connected with the original series has come out as saying they're not in favour of a reboot unless Joss is in charge.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
User avatar
Bouncy Castle
Member
 
Posts: 12152
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Location: London

Re: Just Realised We Don't have Buffy Thread, So Here's One

Postby pip » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:02 am

Let it be .
Better the way it was than to try revive it :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
User avatar
pip
Member
 
Posts: 9385
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 am
Location: KILDARE

Re: Just Realised We Don't have Buffy Thread, So Here's One

Postby Conforumist » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:13 am

Seems like the whole "Vampire" theme is getting out of hand.
The greatest things in life are not things.
User avatar
Conforumist
Member
 
Posts: 3424
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Nova Scotia Canada

Re: Just Realised We Don't have Buffy Thread, So Here's One

Postby pip » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:15 am

Conforumist wrote:Seems like the whole "Vampire" theme is getting out of hand.

Just a bit
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
User avatar
pip
Member
 
Posts: 9385
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 am
Location: KILDARE

Re: Just Realised We Don't have Buffy Thread, So Here's One

Postby author3 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:40 pm

Conforumist wrote:Seems like the whole "Vampire" theme is getting out of hand.

It was Buffy that started it ;)
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
User avatar
author3
Member
 
Posts: 2358
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 8:46 am
Location: Sunnydale Highschool

Re: Just Realised We Don't have Buffy Thread, So Here's One

Postby pip » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:44 pm

author3 wrote:
Conforumist wrote:Seems like the whole "Vampire" theme is getting out of hand.

It was Buffy that started it ;)

Would have gone with Anne Rice as starting the whole trend that has gone so wrong with Vampires the last while. In Buffy they were still in general soulless killers (yes i know angel and spike etc but they were the exception rather than the rule)
VAmpire Chronicles was definitely where the whole vampire have feelings thing sprung from although Anne Rice did it a lot better than any of the imitators . :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
User avatar
pip
Member
 
Posts: 9385
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 am
Location: KILDARE

Re: Just Realised We Don't have Buffy Thread, So Here's One

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:51 pm

The only reason that there's talk of a new Buffy movie is that the couple who hold the rights (you've probably seen their names on credits - Kaz Kuzui and his wife, Fran) are jumping on the bandwagon.

They were the ones who did the original Buffy movie, with Joss writing it, then totally changed Joss's ideas, to the extent that he wanted his name off the credits, I believe.

They still hold the rights, which is why you see them on every Buffy episode.

However, I can't fathom why they're getting credit (therefore $s) for Angel, since Angel is a creaton of Joss.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
User avatar
Bouncy Castle
Member
 
Posts: 12152
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Location: London

Re: Just Realised We Don't have Buffy Thread, So Here's One

Postby author3 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:54 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:The only reason that there's talk of a new Buffy movie is that the couple who hold the rights (you've probably seen their names on credits - Kaz Kuzui and his wife, Fran) are jumping on the bandwagon.

They were the ones who did the original Buffy movie, with Joss writing it, then totally changed Joss's ideas, to the extent that he wanted his name off the credits, I believe.

They still hold the rights, which is why you see them on every Buffy episode.

However, I can't fathom why they're getting credit (therefore $s) for Angel, since Angel is a creaton of Joss.

They said(Kaz Kuzui and Fran Kazui) that if the new film becomes a hit and they make a tv series they don't even plan on putting Willow,Xander,Cordeilia,Giles,Angel,Oz,Spike,Drusilla,Wesley ,Tara,Anya,Andrew,Kennedy etc...into it :roll:
What a stupid idea :x .
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
User avatar
author3
Member
 
Posts: 2358
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 8:46 am
Location: Sunnydale Highschool

Re: Just Realised We Don't have Buffy Thread, So Here's One

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:28 am

They'd have a job putting Wesley, Tara and Anya in it!! ;)
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
User avatar
Bouncy Castle
Member
 
Posts: 12152
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Location: London

Re: Just Realised We Don't have Buffy Thread, So Here's One

Postby author3 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:54 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:They'd have a job putting Wesley, Tara and Anya in it!! ;)

True they may be dead but I mean if they start from season 1 again.
Today I watched Band Candy so on Thursday I'll be watching Revelations :D
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
User avatar
author3
Member
 
Posts: 2358
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 8:46 am
Location: Sunnydale Highschool

Re: Just Realised We Don't have Buffy Thread, So Here's One

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:19 am

Band Candy - always wondered how Giles kept his ciggie box in his t-shirt sleeve and it didn't fall out!!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
User avatar
Bouncy Castle
Member
 
Posts: 12152
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Location: London

Re: Just Realised We Don't have Buffy Thread, So Here's One

Postby MongoGutman » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:36 am

If they remake the series I don't think they'd try to put the same supporting characters in it at all, they'd probably set it somewhere else too. The core of the story is a teenage girl called Buffy Summers who unexpectedly finds she's a Vampire Slayer. Everything else is changeable. They could Disneyfy it with canned laughter for the kids market if they wanted. iBuffy.
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
User avatar
MongoGutman
Member
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:29 pm
Location: London UK

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests