Bestest Christmas Films Ever

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Bestest Christmas Films Ever

Postby high eight » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:56 pm

Joolz wrote:Bernard and the Genie....Just wish I could get hold of it now

Yes, that was fun.

I've just watched that new thing with Eddie Izzard (Lost Christmas). Oh. My. God. :shock:

And I thought that It's a Wonderful Life was drivel. I will never, ever complain about Clarence-the-bloody-Angel again.

It was awful. Just awful - I need a vomiting smiley here. It was all summed up at the end by some poor sod with a Tom Waits-style voice singing Paul McCartney's Wonderful Christmas Time over the gooey, sentimental ending as if the idiotic lyrics actually meant something:

The choir of children sing this song.
Ding...... Dong....... Ding ...........
....D-o-o-o-o-o-n-n-g-g
[Vomiting smiley]

I just hope they paid him well as he was the only one in the whole lousy thing who put any sort of effort into his work on it.
"If there is any kind of supreme being it is up to all of us to become its moral superior."
high eight

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:07 am

high eight wrote:

Yes, that was fun.

I've just watched that new thing with Eddie Izzard (Lost Christmas). Oh. My. God. :shock:

And I thought that It's a Wonderful Life was drivel. I will never, ever complain about Clarence-the-bloody-Angel again.

It was awful. Just awful - I need a vomiting smiley here. It was all summed up at the end by some poor sod with a Tom Waits-style voice singing Paul McCartney's Wonderful Christmas Time over the gooey, sentimental ending as if the idiotic lyrics actually meant something:

....D-o-o-o-o-o-n-n-g-g
[Image]

I just hope they paid him well as he was the only one in the whole lousy thing who put any sort of effort into his work on it.

This one do. Image or Image
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby high eight » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:12 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:
high eight wrote:

Yes, that was fun.

....D-o-o-o-o-o-n-n-g-g
[Image]

This one do. Image or Image

Thanks Wee Dug - either will do.
"If there is any kind of supreme being it is up to all of us to become its moral superior."
high eight

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:13 am

He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre