Blake's 7

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:47 pm

Maybe I won't get it then. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby The Mad Collector » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:57 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Maybe I won't get it then. :lol:

Enjoy the memories Tony, don't spoil them by actually watching the program again
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:40 pm

The Mad Collector wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:Maybe I won't get it then. :lol:

Enjoy the memories Tony, don't spoil them by actually watching the program again
It's like when my kids were small, I saw a video of Watch With Mother favourites so I rented it thinking the kids would enjoy them as much as I did.

It was awful! :lol:

Although the Tales of the Riverbank episode was still pretty good. :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Tiffany » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:17 pm

I enjoyed Blake's 7 & The Survivors at the time they were on. Not seen the latter since, but Blake's 7 hasn't aged well in the effects & acting departments.
See for yourselves here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIPt1YQdiQA
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Quatermass » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:34 pm

David Brown wrote:And now for the controversial bit. I've just watched "Planet of the Daleks", and I have to say that Terry Nation was very capable of writing stilted dialogue for formulaic characters in weakly plotted stories.

What controversy? Planet of the Daleks is the second-weakest of the Terry Nation-plotted Dalek stories that I have watched, or at least recently. It's only above Destiny of the Daleks, and between them is the absolutely brilliant Genesis of the Daleks. Which, I might add, shares a lot of cast and crew that would later go on to do Blake's 7.

But Planet of the Daleks wasn't all bad. It just was basically a re-run of Terry Nation's greatest hits, not to mention with rather flat characters on the Thal end. But it was exciting enough with some nice concepts, and David Brown, you cannot deny that whatever role he plays, Bernard Horsfall is excellent. :)

Terry Nation wasn't that great a writer all the time. You only have to look at The Chase (which, while highly entertaining, is still thin on the ground) or The Keys of Marinus, not to mention some of his own Blake's 7 stories. But he had a gift for more hits than misses.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre