Doctor Who: Let's Kill Hitler

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:58 pm

bloody moffet im going to punch him if i see him in swansea, there are more questions now than b4 the break
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby spideyGirl » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:16 pm

chris.ph wrote:bloody moffet im going to punch him if i see him in swansea, there are more questions now than b4 the break

:lol: :lol: :lol:
spideyGirl

Postby David Brown » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:43 pm

Willem wrote:Stalin joined the fight against Hitler (after Germany violated the non-aggression pact). Allies needed him to win the war. The enemy of my enemy is my friend and such. Even though he did many terrible things, 'at least he helped us out in our time of need' - forgetting that was out of self-interest too.

It's amazing how quickly the British Left went from "Peace now" to "Second front now" when Germany invaded Russia.
Stalin's victims were mostly among his own people. Things that happen close to home have a much bigger impact on how we feel. If we go by the numbers, we'd say Stalin was responsible for about 15 million deaths (or up to 60 million according to other sources in Sovjet Russia.

I believe you can make a case for Hitler's victims, excluding legitimate war dead, being in the region of 13 million. The 7m gentiles being an assortment of slavs, gypsies, homosexuals, social democrats (and those further Left), disabled people, and the generally awkward, in any other way. For Stalin, I'd look nearer the higher end than the lower of the scale you quote.
mspanners wrote:And until Hitler turned on the CCCP they were helping each other out militarily...

Why the brief switch to Cyrillic? SSSR would do if you must say it in Russian. You didn't write Сталин for "Uncle Joe".
Bouncy Castle wrote:A special one-off mini-episode of Doctor Who is to air on BBC Three... Winning entry 'Death Is The Only Answer'...

Sounds more like a James Bond title than one for Doctor Who. But from what I saw on Doctor Who: Confidential, which I think included a few seconds as a teaser for next week, the kids (or their teachers...) have got Matt Smith's Doctor to a tee.
David Brown

Postby Kin Arad » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:08 pm

I'm so confused now!! :?
“Wouldn’t that unplug your heating pad?”
Kin Arad

Postby Quatermass » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:27 pm

spideyGirl wrote:
chris.ph wrote:bloody moffet im going to punch him if i see him in swansea, there are more questions now than b4 the break

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I believe that's the point. He's gotta keep you hooked for the rest of the series... :)
All you need to understand
Is everything you know is wrong!

-Weird Al Yankovic
Quatermass

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:23 am

I'm getting so fed up of the music.

For the last few weeks we have been bombarded with "it's brilliant/so funny/incredible writing" interviews from cast/writers.

It may well have been, but a shed-load was drowned out by the so called "background" music.

Same goes for the narration in Confidential.

I'm on the verge of throwing in the towel.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby spideyGirl » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:37 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:I'm getting so fed up of the music.

For the last few weeks we have been bombarded with "it's brilliant/so funny/incredible writing" interviews from cast/writers.

It may well have been, but a shed-load was drowned out by the so called "background" music.

Same goes for the narration in Confidential.

I'm on the verge of throwing in the towel.

Yeh I noticed the music getting in the way as well during last weeks. It makes you focus more on the music and less on the story :cry:
spideyGirl

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:17 pm

I thought tonight's episode was a bit crap,I hope there is not another like that one, most dissapointed. :(
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Quatermass » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:46 pm

I was kinda hoping Night Terrors would be a good one.

BTW, just watched Let's Kill Hitler last night. Good enough romp that answers a few questions about River's origins. Not only that, but it confirms that she was the girl in 1969, and that she is thought to be the one who killed the future Doctor at the beginning of the series.
All you need to understand
Is everything you know is wrong!

-Weird Al Yankovic
Quatermass

Postby Kin Arad » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:54 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:I thought tonight's episode was a bit crap,I hope there is not another like that one, most dissapointed. :(

I liked it, in the sense that it's the only one for a while that's been 'scary', in my opinion, most people probably did not find it frightening at all, but there you go :oops:
Kin Arad

Postby SimStars13 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:28 pm

I didn't find it scary, but it was more interesting and intriguing that later episodes have been. (But then again, I hate River with a passion so whenever she turns up the episode is ruined for me)
"Martin! I thought we sold you"

DFTBA
SimStars13

Postby Kin Arad » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:50 pm

I hate creepy dolls and everything else that falls into that category, such as clowns and puppets :? I also don't like River very much
Kin Arad

Postby Macarona » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:26 pm

Kin Arad wrote:I hate creepy dolls and everything else that falls into that category, such as clowns and puppets :? I also don't like River very much

Me too! And I'm easily scared, so that distracted me from the fact that it wasn't actually that good, but it was quite a clever concept.
"'I believe you were an alcoholic sir Samuel'
'No,' said Vimes. 'I was a drunk you have to be richer than I was to be an alcoholic'"
The fifth elephant/The wit and wisdom of discworld
Macarona

Postby spideyGirl » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:21 pm

Kin Arad wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:I thought tonight's episode was a bit crap,I hope there is not another like that one, most dissapointed. :(

I liked it, in the sense that it's the only one for a while that's been 'scary', in my opinion, most people probably did not find it frightening at all, but there you go :oops:

I was scared! :shock: but i'm a lightweight :D I enjoyed it. Bet Tony will be agreeing with the Doctor about the clowns :wink:
spideyGirl

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:31 pm

I thought Tony's favorite film was "IT" by Steven King. :twisted: :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre