Doctor Who: Let's Kill Hitler

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby archerinwood » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:40 am

When is it on?
Please help by looking at my discworld stamp trading list: http://www.discworldstamps.co.uk/forum/ ... 80#p612380
archerinwood

Postby author3 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:43 am

Most likely 27th of August
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby DaveC » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:43 am

archerinwood wrote:When is it on?
27th. :)
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby author3 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:45 am

Only 10 days away :D :D :D :D
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby Quatermass » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:50 am

Tonyblack wrote:And Stalin was one of the Allies. We were working with one of the bad guys and we don't like to admit it too loudly. :wink:

:lol:

That was one of the most darkly funny (and true) things I have heard.
All you need to understand
Is everything you know is wrong!

-Weird Al Yankovic
Quatermass

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:39 am

mspanners wrote: Lets Kill Marx.

Groucho or Harpo?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby DaveC » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:40 am

Chico
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:00 am

It's been confirmed that the Doctor returns to BBC ONE on Saturday, August 27th in Let's Kill Hitler!

It's another epic adventure and begins a run of six episodes which Karen Gillan (Amy) discusses in the video

We'll have another video with Karen focussing on Let's Kill Hitler, tomorrow, but in the meantime, we've already released the Prequel and the latest trailer.

Episode 8 of the current series was written by executive producer and lead writer Steven Moffat, who gave us a broad overview of the adventures that lie ahead for the Doctor, Amy, Rory and River... [HIGHLIGHT TO READ FURTHER]

"The rules have changed, and the game is deadlier than ever. Out in the universe, where the earthly rules of time and space do not apply, Amy and Rory know only too well that their baby daughter needs them. For Melody Pond is destined to become River Song, mysterious archaeologist and convicted murderer - the woman who killed the best man she ever knew...

"The Doctor leads Amy and Rory across centuries and galaxies in a desperate search for baby Melody, but a terrible and inescapable date looms large. At 5.02pm on 22nd April 2011, the Doctor will die. These are his last days, and the quest for Melody his final mission.

"The search will result in a crash landing in Thirties Berlin and will bring them face to face with the greatest war criminal of all time. And Hitler. Old friendships will be tested to their limits as the Doctor suffers the ultimate betrayal and learns a harsh lesson in the cruellest warfare of all.

"A distress call from a terrified little boy will break through all barriers of time and space and lead the Doctor to visit the scariest place in the Universe. George's bedroom. George is terrorised by every fear you can possibly imagine. Fears that live in his bedroom cupboard. His parents are desperate - George needs a doctor. But allaying George's fears won't be easy. Because the monsters in George's cupboard are real.

"An unscheduled visit to a quarantine facility for victims of an alien plague - a plague that will kill the Doctor in a day - leaves Amy trapped. Alone, Rory must find Amy and bring her back to the TARDIS before the faceless doctors kill her with kindness. But Rory is about to encounter a very different side to his wife. "In an impossible hotel, the Doctor, Amy and Rory find themselves checked-in but unable to check out. Walls move, corridors twist, rooms vanish and death lies in wait for every visitor. But the Doctor's time has yet to come. He has one last stop to make on his final journey. His old friend, Craig Owens, desperately needs his help - a new and unfamiliar presence is wreaking havoc in Colchester. And then come the Cybermen. But time catches up with us all and the Doctor can delay no more.

"By the shores of Lake Silencio, in Utah, all of time and space hang in the balance. And a NASA astronaut is waiting..."

(BBC)
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby spideyGirl » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:50 pm

spideyGirl

Postby mspanners » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:09 am

Keeping in line with the Dr Who thread WW2 was a liittle bit like taking sides when the Daliks take on the Cybermen..... both are total heartless Bast*rds but how do you back when the poo hits the fan?

I think if the NAZI's not been so racist and anti-Semitic the west would have backed the Fascists against the Commies...... they were seen as the threat at the time, indeed until the out break of war quite a few of the politicians were quit friendly toward the Axis powers.

And until Hitler turned on the CCCP they were helping each other out militarily....

When the UK was the last country left standing at the start of the war and the US officially neutral the CCCP was allowing Germany to use some of its port in the war against the Royal Navy.......
mspanners

Postby archerinwood » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:01 pm

I've hired the sofa for that day already. :D
Please help by looking at my discworld stamp trading list: http://www.discworldstamps.co.uk/forum/ ... 80#p612380
archerinwood

Postby Penfold » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:00 pm

Quatermass wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:And Stalin was one of the Allies. We were working with one of the bad guys and we don't like to admit it too loudly. :wink:

:lol:

That was one of the most darkly funny (and true) things I have heard.

http://youtu.be/JEle_DLDg9Y :lol:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:04 am

Ten teasers for Let's Kill Hitler.

HIGHLIGHT TO READ.

1. There's a new traveller aboard the TARDIS.

2. "You don't know about the Doctor, 'cos you're stupid."

3. Our Time Lord hero's snazzy new coat makes its debut in this episode.

4. "That's what you said when we made Rasputin *****."

5. Top hats are cool.

6. "You will experience a tingling sensation and then death."

7. Bananas are still good.

8. "Take off your clothes!"

9. River's romantic past with The Doctor is (sort of) explored.

10. "You shot my TARDIS!"

Bouncy Castle

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:56 pm

Bouncy Castle

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:27 am

A special one-off mini-episode of Doctor Who is to air on BBC Three.

Earlier this year, the BBC launched a competition for primary school pupils aged 9 to 11 to write a three-minute Who script.

Winning entry 'Death Is The Only Answer' has been written by children from Oakley CE Junior School in Basingstoke and will air in the Autumn.

Doctor Who star Matt Smith said: "It was so clever, we were all just bowled over, it was a brilliant script."

The winning script was chosen by Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat, the show's executive producers Piers Wenger and Beth Willis, and Controller of BBC Learning, Saul Nassé.

"I loved the shortlisted scripts, there was so much skill and enthusiasm on display that it was actually genuinely, very, very difficult to judge," said Moffat. "There was some really, really skilled writing. It was very exciting how they caught the voice of The Doctor and how they used the always stringent limitations of Doctor Who to their advantage."

The mini-episode's production will be covered in this Saturday's edition of BBC Three's behind-the-scenes show Doctor Who Confidential.

Doctor Who returns to BBC One this Saturday at 7.10pm and airs the same day at 9/8c on BBC America. 'Death Is The Only Answer' will be broadcast on BBC Three on October 1.

Bouncy Castle

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre