The Dark Knight Rises...

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:03 pm

ShadowNinjaCat wrote:When I was little I watched one batman movie where this one guy had chopped up another guy and flushed him down the toilet :shock: ...,anyway,It made me afraid every time I went to the bathroom.I would always think that when I lifted the lid, hacked up body parts would be there. :(
The Jimmy Riddler? :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby DaveC » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:08 pm

Can't say that rings a bell, that bit. I have them all on DVD... :roll:
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:15 pm

DaveC wrote:Can't say that rings a bell, that bit. I have them all on DVD... :roll:
It was Batman Returns.I haven't seen it in a long time and you've got the movies so I'll tell you the scene that I remember.Tell me if that rings a bell,if not I hate my dark small child imagination...so many scared bathroom breaks. :(

Ok here goes,
Spoiler wrote:it was in the sewer I think or just under ground and the penguin is talking to the one bad guy,the one who pushed cat-woman out of a window when she wasn't cat woman yet,and he is holding a served leg/arm and is threatening the bad guy that he knows he killed the dead guy and shoved him down the toilet.
It was just seeing the leg/arm and having the idea of what happened,my imagination did the rest. :(
How's that? :?
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby DaveC » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:45 pm

Seems familiar now.

I'll watch it in the morning and investigate. Childhood imagination can be scary, my mind has played horrible tricks on me before with things like that too.

Check out my short film!

This Is...
DaveC

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Sorry to make you watch it again. :oops:
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby archerinwood » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:36 am

I'm lucky I didn't see that one then!
Please help by looking at my discworld stamp trading list: http://www.discworldstamps.co.uk/forum/ ... 80#p612380
archerinwood

Postby Quatermass » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:57 am

Max Shreck hadn't flushed his old partner down the toilet, but it is implied that he had him murdered, and the Penguin had found the body, or at least the pieces. The Penguin doesn't state how he came across the stuff he found (included shredded documents implicating him in owning firetraps, as well as the toxic waste from the dump elsewhere in the abandoned zoo), but it is implied that, with the body and shredded documents, he had them disposed of elsewhere. I imagine that the Penguin had been stalking Shreck for some time.

Actually, in the original version, Shreck was actually the Penguin's undeformed brother.

Oh, and I loved Batman Returns. A bit too dark for some, but I enjoyed it.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby DaveC » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:49 pm

Bugger I forgot to watch it, I've just put the disc in now and will zoom to the scene.

Quatermass wrote:Max Shreck hadn't flushed his old partner down the toilet, but it is implied that he had him murdered, and the Penguin had found the body, or at least the pieces. The Penguin doesn't state how he came across the stuff he found (included shredded documents implicating him in owning firetraps, as well as the toxic waste from the dump elsewhere in the abandoned zoo), but it is implied that, with the body and shredded documents, he had them disposed of elsewhere. I imagine that the Penguin had been stalking Shreck for some time.

Actually, in the original version, Shreck was actually the Penguin's undeformed brother.

Love this idea, would've made great dramatic sense.

Check out my short film!

This Is...
DaveC

Postby DaveC » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:02 pm

Just watched it, it's more about the imagery conjured by Penguins words and the image of him waving a severed hand. The scene is very freaky and so Tim Burtony - if Christopher Nolan had decided to do The Penguin he would've been a seedy nightclub owner probably.

Here's a You Tube link to the offending scene, to skip directly to the line it's from about 4:50 into the clip.

Batman Returns - Max Shreck meets the Penguin

Check out my short film!

This Is...
DaveC

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:43 pm

It must have been this line at 5:27 that made me think he flushed it down the toilet "Remember Max,you flush it I flaunt it."after he showed him the hand.
I shouldn't have watched it at such a young age. :oops: My mind made scary extra thoughts with it. :shock:
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby DaveC » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:17 pm

I agree. I think I saw little bits here and there on TV when I was little but didn't see it properly till I was 16, I think.

Check out my short film!

This Is...
DaveC

Postby deldaisy » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:19 pm

My little brother vacated his bedroom and came to sleep in mine for a week.... every night we would stuff towels under the door and cotton wool balls in the keyhole (just to be sure).....

The movie? THE BLOB!

Terrified!
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby DaveC » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:36 pm

Remake or original? Not seen either, just curious. :)

Check out my short film!

This Is...
DaveC

Postby ramtopsman » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:01 pm

Still not impressed by catwoman =/

Bane looks epic
Check out all things pratchett at

www.youtube.com/user/ramtopsman
ramtopsman

Postby DaveC » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:10 pm

Check out my DC thread, Anne says it's not the whole costume. :)

Check out my short film!

This Is...
DaveC

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre