Dedicated to ....?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Dedicated to ....?

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:13 pm

They say you can say it with flowers, but if you're like me and get hayfever and/or prefer your bouquets not to be torn out of their natural habitat for 5 minutes in a vase with aspirin to keep 'em from wilting, these days there's good ole YouTube and the like to help ya get stuff off yer chest in a more memorable and somewhat permanent way :wink:

You get the idea - you want to tell someone something (even tell yourself something if you like :D ) or make a point - whatever. Put a link up to a song or a sketch or image that carries your message and say who it's for and why (if it's not too plain or not too private) 8)

So this is something for Tina, but it's also an anthem I've been taking some heart from recently myself, from Pink of all people (hate hate hate anything pink in general but I'll make an exception for her now)

....ing Perfect (<<< - linkie!) - it's the proper version, so there's cursing which is also v. therapeutic of course :twisted:

Anything to add? Something new to say or shout about? Post it up here! :wink:

PS - it doesn't have to be pink, pink...
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:44 pm

:lol: I wondered what the hell you were on about until I realised that bit in pink was a link. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:40 pm

:P vid link now made a bit clearer for old, unhip geezers :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby deldaisy » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:16 am

What can i say Jan....

............. F***ing PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

How have I never seen this song before?
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:34 am

Because the 'official' version omits the cursing? :wink: It's 'Pretty' Perfect :roll: that's got airplay on the radio over here and probably why the record's not as noticed because everyone knows the proper words maybe :wink:

There's a rather literal and therefore trite vid to go with it (possibly for a film - not sure) which I didn't link to as it's not suitable for nutcases like us, :P but it's the studio version so easy enough to find on YouTube :lol:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby deldaisy » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:38 am

Nah. We are "pretty" liberal with our song lyrics here. (Maybe it was one of my "my ears are destroyed with 158 different kinds of music playing in every shop in the mall while I was at work I refuse to listen to music" stages)

In any case.... Love it.
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:40 pm

deldaisy wrote:Nah. We are "pretty" liberal with our song lyrics here.

Kevin Bloody Wilson.

Case Rests, M'Lud.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby deldaisy » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:45 pm

:lol: :lol: Yeah well they NEVER play Kevin Bloody Wilson on any airwaves or TV!!!
deldaisy

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:07 pm

Someone Like You

There was a reason I never went on Facebook - I knew what I'd find you see, but some things you just don't want confirmed. This one's for Frank and what might have been your truth for a time at least, but you're history now so that's OK and tonight I don't have to think about you anymore. :(
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan Van Quirm

Postby deldaisy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:17 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Someone Like You

There was a reason I never went on Facebook - I knew what I'd find you see, but some things you just don't want confirmed. This one's for Frank and what might have been your truth for a time at least, but you're history now so that's OK and tonight I don't have to think about you anymore. :(

(((((((((((((((JAN)))))))))))))))))

I don't need to know why or what.... but it seems you could use a hug.

A big squeezy squeezy one that makes your eyes bulge and your bottom burp.
deldaisy

Postby Dotsie » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:29 pm

I feel guilty that I never commented on this :( But I didn't really know what to say. So, I'll just offer hugs as well and hope it's not too late.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby deldaisy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:54 pm

Oh Dotsie! :roll:

You know perfectly well its NEVER too late for hugs :D

Or too early!

They are a sort of year round, 24/7 thing. In fact... sometimes you don't even need an excuse. :D

Mind you... if its something really important its best to give very BIG hugs.... the kind that cut off their air supply.. and make them pass out from oxygen deprivation and have a "little kindy nap" kind of thing. Its a kindness really... sort of gives them a bit of a rest from thinking about the thing that made them sad. And if you poke them with a stick after a bit, they wake feeling much refreshed.
deldaisy

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:13 pm

Hey gals - it's OK. :lol: I was just being overly cryptic :wink:

This is 'our' song now...

Best Thing I never Had :P

I just needed some time to stop being angry with him (and me too) - it's better than what I'd thought had happened as I was wondering if he'd been badly hurt or even killed out in Afghanistan, but he's home and safe and so, finally am I (I'd actually started looking in the NATO casualty lists for a while :roll: ). TBH I'm still not sure what the reality is with him, but if the wife's still around I not going to be tempted to tell her how he literally bumped her off for a bit there, so I've dumped all his contacts :roll:

MEN!!! :lol: At least the housemate's my friend even if he's a fat load of use for other stuff :wink:

BTW - other people can post their dedications in here - it's good to dump and play DJ! :lol:
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jan Van Quirm

Postby deldaisy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:31 pm

See Dotsie? A HUGE hug.... a bit of oxygen deprivation and Jan is JUUUUST FIIIIINE!

You can still have hugs Jan. Can't take hugs back.

youtube won't let me post my "dedication" without verification of adult status and a blood sample. Apparently its a bit rude. and may may may use a swear word.... or fifty hundred and fifty,,, million.

Oh ... found a way around it!

For when you are having a really really really bad bad day because of a real jerk and you are SO speechless you need some "prompting" and don't have a theasaurus handy.

REALLY EXCESSIVE LANGUAGE I mean REALLY... you have been warned.
deldaisy

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:35 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
Jan Van Quirm

Next

Return to TV, film, theatre