worst films youve ever seen

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Beautiful Dirt » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:18 am

I watched Year One with Jack Black about a week or so ago...it was absolute torture. I'd of turned it off if not for my OH.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard. H. L. Mencken
Beautiful Dirt

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:14 pm

Welcome, MercTech. :)
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby David Brown » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:09 pm

Quatermass wrote:I dunno whether I am allowed to include crappy television programs, but I have watched, albeit voluntarily and recently, two of the worst Doctor Who serials ever to be done: The Ark and Four to Doomsday. Admittedly, it was the first time I had ever watched either of them. It will also probably be the last.

The DVD trailers are much better than the stories themselves. Here's the one for The Ark and another for Four to Doomsday...

Actually, I've had an idea for a thread... :)

I thought "The Ark" had some good ideas, but that the execution was poor.
David Brown

Postby Quatermass » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:28 pm

David Brown wrote:
Quatermass wrote:I dunno whether I am allowed to include crappy television programs, but I have watched, albeit voluntarily and recently, two of the worst Doctor Who serials ever to be done: The Ark and Four to Doomsday. Admittedly, it was the first time I had ever watched either of them. It will also probably be the last.

The DVD trailers are much better than the stories themselves. Here's the one for The Ark and another for Four to Doomsday...

Actually, I've had an idea for a thread... :)

I thought "The Ark" had some good ideas, but that the execution was poor.

Agreed. And Four to Doomsday royally screwed over the scripting of the regular cast, and their performances didn't help at all. The Doctor was patronising and abrupt to his companions, Adric was misogynistic and stupid, and Tegan was reduced to a sobbing histrionic. *sigh* And other elements of that story, while nice, didn't quite work.
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Postby deldaisy » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:47 pm

Why has noone mentioned Eyes Wide Shut. Image
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby DaveC » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:53 pm

Not seen it yet, I think it's only that and 2001 that of his that I haven't...:(
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Quatermass » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:27 am

Actually, I think Kubrick badly screwed up with A Clockwork Orange.
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

Quatermass

Postby Quatermass » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:26 pm

Again, not a movie, but I recently watched another Doctor Who to add to the 'abysmal' pile: The Twin Dilemma. I tried to watch it without prejudice, and hoped that its reputation as the worst Doctor Who ever was hyperbole from pissed fans. I was pretty much wrong. Not the worst story ever, but it pretty much ties with every other bad story I've watched.

Quatermass

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre