Doctor Who: The Rebel Flesh

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Quatermass » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:38 am

I read the synopsis. It was a frigging cop-out, although that whole thing with the name was actually quite clever. But the story proper looks intriguing, and I still intend to watch it.

BTW, what sort of story would the next one be? They've given the title Let's Kill Hitler. Rather too flippant for a story title, but maybe it's going to be about the Hitler Time Travel Exeption Act in fiction.
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Postby DaveC » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:53 pm

Finally caught up with the latest 3 Dr Who episodes today. Rebel Flesh was Ok, the next one was better, and the mid season finale was awesome!

:D
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby deldaisy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:27 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I loved this episode!!!! I thought the last few were a bit disappointing.... but was hoping they would ferment into something like this. AND IT DID!

WHY was Rory in the centurions uniform? I want to go back now to when River Song first appeared in the library and watch them all again. :D (She did first appear in the library right?)

And and and ... What about "Jenny" the "Doctor's Daughter"????

Love the Doctor getting so evil.... seems he had no reason to get SO attached to a companion before huh? But thats babies for you. He will get so much more evil.... and I can see them gearing up for a change of Doctor... pointers towards that... but who knows when.

Watched this episode with the girls... and spent ages pulling it apart and putting it back together again :D

YAY!!!!!!!!!! :D

BAD BAD BAD Dr Who producers for making us wait. :evil: But at least we Aussies can talk about it for less than ONE freaking night now.

When A Good Man Goes To War

Demons run when a Good Man goes to war.
Night will fall and drown the sun
When a Good Man goes to war.
Friendship dies and true love lies.
Night will fall and the dark will rise
when a Good Man goes to war.
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Quatermass » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:44 am

deldaisy wrote: (She did first appear in the library right?)

Yes. Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead. Interestingly, the latter was originally meant to be titled River's Run, I heard.

deldaisy wrote: And and and ... What about "Jenny" the "Doctor's Daughter"????

No relation. They're allowed to have multiple Jennys in the series. :P And this one would have made herself known to the Doctor if she was really the daughter of the Doctor. Naw, I think this Jenny is just the maid/lover of a female Silurian. :)

deldaisy wrote: Love the Doctor getting so evil.... seems he had no reason to get SO attached to a companion before huh? But thats babies for you. He will get so much more evil.... and I can see them gearing up for a change of Doctor... pointers towards that... but who knows when.

Well, Matt Smith's definitely confirmed for the next year. So he won't be regenerating for a while yet. But no word on Karen Gillan or Arthur Darvill, so maybe Amy and Rory will be leaving at the end of the series.

And I've been looking at the trailers. You can spot some of the bits from the episodes yet to come. For example, watch this trailer, and look for the Nazis and the doll-faced creatures. The former will probably be in the episode that premieres the rest of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpe1Ywz8azM

And at about 28 seconds into this video is something strange, not to mention Amy and Rory trapped in a plummeting lift.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVAgyBOe84w

More doll faces, creepy toys, a horned creature with a fugly face and the Doctor made up like a clown in this trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48hM83hN-SU

deldaisy wrote:
When A Good Man Goes To War

Demons run when a Good Man goes to war.
Night will fall and drown the sun
When a Good Man goes to war.
Friendship dies and true love lies.
Night will fall and the dark will rise
when a Good Man goes to war.

You missed the last two verses.

Demons run but count the cost.
The battle's won but the child is lost.
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

Quatermass

Postby spideyGirl » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:58 pm

Okay, not Rebel Flesh related, but being lazy,

Doctor Who art shows how much better Gaiman's ep could have been
This is interesting...

http://blastr.com/2011/06/doctor-who-concept-art-sh.php

Saw it when looking at another post. Much uglier originals, think Uncle was good but nephew looks like an Ood gone wrong anyway :lol:
spideyGirl

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:45 pm

I agree with one of the posters on that page that the toning down of the design actually worked better as it was less obvious originally that they were constructs.
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Quatermass » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:11 pm

spideyGirl wrote:Okay, not Rebel Flesh related, but being lazy,

Doctor Who art shows how much better Gaiman's ep could have been
This is interesting...

http://blastr.com/2011/06/doctor-who-concept-art-sh.php

Saw it when looking at another post. Much uglier originals, think Uncle was good but nephew looks like an Ood gone wrong anyway :lol:

:shock:

Oh dear Gawd, that's hideous!

Quatermass

Postby deldaisy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:00 pm

That horned monster looks like he is in the corridor of a cruise liner (turn of the century) Did I miss an episode???????

Spidey I was a bit disappointed that the "put together people" didn't have more of that look on thier faces.... perhaps not like nephews conception... but better than was in the episode.
deldaisy

Postby spideyGirl » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:18 pm

deldaisy wrote:That horned monster looks like he is in the corridor of a cruise liner (turn of the century) Did I miss an episode???????

Spidey I was a bit disappointed that the "put together people" didn't have more of that look on thier faces.... perhaps not like nephews conception... but better than was in the episode.

Yeh, could have compromised more in that favour defo :)
spideyGirl

Postby Quatermass » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:53 pm

Well, there are a few currently known episode titles for the second half of the series, according to the Doctor Who News Page. Let's list them, shall we?

Episode 8: Let's Kill Hitler, by Steven Moffat

Episode 9: Night Terrors, by Mark Gatiss

Episode 10: Unknown (rumoured, incorrectly according to the author, to be The Green Anchor) by Tom MacRae

Episode 11: The God Complex by Toby Whithouse

Episode 12: Unknown, by Gareth Roberts

Episode 13: Unknown, by Steven Moffat

Quatermass

Postby spideyGirl » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:07 am

'Unknown' seems popular :wink:
spideyGirl

Postby deldaisy » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:26 am

Hmmm The God Complex? Dr Who overstepping the mark perhaps?
deldaisy

Postby Quatermass » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:03 am

deldaisy wrote:Hmmm The God Complex? Dr Who overstepping the mark perhaps?

In terms of the title, or the Doctor going mad with power? Actually, the classic series story The Face of Evil, which introduced Leela, actually was originally called The Day That God Went Mad.

It has one of the craziest cliffhangers at the end of episode 3, when the Doctor gets shouted down by the multiple personalities of mad computer Xoanon.

Quatermass

Postby DaveC » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:20 pm

I'm not the only one that loves the idea of a Madam Vestra spin-off. :D

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/07/22/madame-vastra-spin-off/
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:24 pm

Post Watershed, or CBBC version? :wink:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre